Author Topic: Your First Job?  (Read 3878 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Your First Job?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2004, 05:47 PM »
First job as a youngin' was the usual paper route.  Made some decent enough money to fully support my Star Wars, baseball card, and arcade game habits, so it was cool.  Worked my route from about 12 - 15 years of age.  Also sold avacados from our family's two trees, down on the street corner about once or twice a month.  Made a good $75 a pop doing that as well!   8)

Jump to college years later, and my first "kinda real" job was working for Manpower Temp Agency.  Started doing that when I was 20, when my parents said they'd completely cut me off if I didn't start pitching in.  Did that on and off for the next 5 years to help finance my college partying and whatnot.  Few other jobs during the college years, but I'm already blabbering enough...   :P

Didn't get my first full-time real job (post-college) 'til I was 27 though, which is the auditing gig I'm still at now.

Good luck at the MickeyD's gig Matt!  I'll be sure to stop by for some free fries if I'm ever in the neighborhood...   ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2004, 05:48 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Re: Your First Job?
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2004, 06:43 PM »
My first job was dressing up as "Cookie Bear" for a cookie shop on weekends when I was a teen.   :)
Binders full of astromechs...