Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 12 (aka 2010 Wave 2)  (Read 16580 times)

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 12 (aka 2010 Wave 2)
« Reply #30 on: January 7, 2010, 02:49 PM »
Sidious looks great!  I wonder if the hood can be removed to reveal Palpatine's head ;)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 8, 2010, 11:01 PM »
Sidious looks great!  I wonder if the hood can be removed to reveal Palpatine's head ;)

Now (in Tony the Tiger's voice) that would be GREAT!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2010, 10:05 PM »
BBTS has these in stock now apparently...I believe Brian's Toys as well.

How much longer for the brick and mortars?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2010, 07:28 PM »
Entertaninment Earth got 'em too.  I got mine just a few minutes ago, they're pretty fantastic.  Thi-Sen is the big winner here.  Aayla from Wave 12 is also quite impressive.

Most surprising, though, is that Commander Stone is a new sculpt-- it has the "fixed" elbow armor, a new torso with only swivel waist movement, and the wrists are also swivel-only.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 12:53 AM »
Most surprising, though, is that Commander Stone is a new sculpt-- it has the "fixed" elbow armor, a new torso with only swivel waist movement, and the wrists are also swivel-only.

WHAT DID THEY DO TO HIS WRISTS?! Why would Hasbro go out of the way to resculpt a clone trooper when there's one solid sculpt out there?! WHY?! - and they took off the super-super articulated wrists! :o I hope they didn't do this resculpt just for the correct elbow armor - I personally wouldn't have cared if Hasbro didn't correct that one tiny detail. Besides, the kids wouldn't care!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:54 AM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010, 12:01 PM »
I got my shipment of this wave yesterday and to echo what Adam said, Thi-sen rocks! I'll probably try to get 4-5 more of him to use as standard warriors.

I've only opened Anakin so far, and despite his microcephaly, he's a solid figure and, after some contorting, can pilot a freeco speeder.

I'll probably send off for my fishy jedi today.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:03 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 09:37 AM »
I found remnants of this wave last night at Walmart. I picked up Thi-Sen, Snow Ops Anakin, and the Tactical Droid. No sign of Stone or Sidious and I scoured every square inch of that aisle.  >:(

I kinda like that though. Now I have something else to obsess over til I complete the wave. Plan on hitting every other Walmart locally today/tonight to close these guys out.

But seriously, who would pass on the Talz? He is completely awesome!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2010, 10:12 AM »
I just wish it wasn't going to be 3 more months before we see these in stores...

Looks like you got your wish!  HEre I Was thinking I was caught up on CW after scoring the Aayla wave yesterday.   ::)

Nice photos of Anakin Jay - good to see that he can fit in the Freeco.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 6, 2010, 04:03 AM »
I'm kinda pleased by how Hasbro approached the Sidious hood issue. I would have been displeased if the hood was removable, because then it would have taken from the mystery of Sidious' character. And a 1-piece hood/head would have been cheap. I'm glad Hasbro glued down the hood, because it retains the mystery as to who Sidious really is.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2010, 06:40 PM »
Pretty happy with Stone as I've been getting burnt out on all the clones (again with this hobby) but I think he's a pretty swell repaint and the colors look great on him.  Must have missed this episode, but I dig the tat he has on his temple and on the back of his head.  Passed on Anakin, and haven't had a chance to crack open the others from this wave but the other three look great.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 09:01 AM »
I want to drown in a sea of Talz warriors. 
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 03:40 AM »
I picked up Thi-Sen last night. What an awesome figure! It was all I could do not to buy the other two hanging on the peg behind him, I actually walked round the shop holding them for a while until I regrettably put them back. At £8.99 a pop here, I'm going to have to pick them up one at a time over the coming months.

Still, it looks like I know what I'm buying until the vintage line rocks up.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #42 on: July 4, 2010, 03:45 AM »
So, considering this wave never really hit retail as it should have, is it unreasonable to think it might hit some discount stores in the near future? I just can't see these hitting now that there's a new card style out there.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 4, 2010, 02:02 PM »
I hope so...I still need a Magnaguard for openers.

Hasbro did mention recently not to expect these waves anymore at retail since they have stopped shipping outright.

I did find a couple of cases of the Hondo/Aayla wave at TRU recently, so there must be some product out there still though.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 4, 2010, 02:41 PM »
I find it annoying how Hasbro loves to try to prove collectors wrong on certain points when it is Hasbro that is wrong - like, in the most recent Q/A, when someone asked if the last few waves of TCW 2010 were made in fewer numbers, Hasbro said that NO, they were NOT made in fewer numbers, and that shipping of the TCW figures would cease. That's just outright ridiculous and unacceptable - we have months of proof showing that these figures barely hit retail.