Author Topic: Would Padme vote to create the Clone Army and go to war?  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
I was thinking about this after posting in another post here.  If Padme didn't go into hiding would she have voted for the Clones once it was clear that the Sepratist were preparing for war on Genosion.  I know she was against creating the Army but would she changed her mind once she heard the information from Obi Wan that he told the other's in Palpatine's office.  
I have a feeling that she would of sided with those who wanted to create the Army taking her history in the Phantom Mance where she goes and fights the Trade Federation.  From that it seems like she a person who would fight when she has to and if she heard about the news I think she would of change her mind to approve force.  
What do you guys think.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Would Padme vote to create the Clone Army and go to war?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 04:33 PM »
I think she would have voted for an army.  She's a fighter, and a damn good-looking one to boot.   ;D
dustrho

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 08:52 PM »
As much as I'd love to blame that dumba$$ Jar Jar for being the one who officially created "the Empire", I can honestly only assume that he must've received instructions from Padme on what to be doing in the senate in her absence.  That's my guess, that he was just acting as she had directed him to.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3 on: November 8, 2003, 09:00 PM »
I figured Jar Jar was manipulated to pull that stunt, because of the horny politican's proclamation 'If only Senator Amidala were here...."
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 9, 2005, 10:54 PM »
Yea...But wasn't Padme on Coruscant to block the army creation act or something?

EDIT:  Yup...Just checked the DVD...

"I haven't worked for a year to defeat the military creation act to not be here when its fate is decided."
« Last Edit: January 9, 2005, 11:06 PM by Jediknight760071 »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 11:00 AM »
Padme was against it.  Kind of like an anti-war sentiment that some people have in today's political storm.   ;)

:P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 7, 2005, 10:23 AM »
That was kind of funny in AOTC.  Jar-Jar knows that Padme would have voted against it as with all the other peace loving Naboo folks.  But we're supposed to believe he was manipulated by Palpatine and Captain Obvious Mas Amedda's statement.  LOL!

Oh well, we had to have Palps get the army somehow and that was good as any way I suppose. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #7 on: April 8, 2005, 03:07 PM »
I think she might've changed her mind on the creation of the military, but I don't think she would've voted to give Palpatine emergency powers.  He leadership would've made that move unnecessary since she could influence the rest of the senateo to vote for it.

Jar Jar was duped by Mas Amedda and Palpatine to vote for Emergency Powers only.
This is the way.

I have spoken.