Author Topic: 'Star Wars' in 3-D?  (Read 50705 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 'Star Wars' in 3-D?
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2011, 04:48 PM »
^LMFAO!  ;D And crying at the same time, because it's probably true....

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2011, 08:51 PM »
It looks like the trailer has shown up online:

The Phantom Menace 3D

Even though it is TPM, and I've never been to a 3D movie (or felt the need to), I have to admit I'm kind of excited that Star Wars will be on the big screen again.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 08:52 PM by Brian »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2011, 11:08 PM »
That trailer actually makes TPM look good.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2012, 08:56 PM »
Some new posters for TPM 3D have shown up online:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=52708

I don't know what it is, but I'm sort of getting excited to see this again.  Sure, I've got it at home in multiple versions, and it is my least favorite of the Saga, but maybe it is just the nostalgia of 1999 kicking in.  There are definitely things I like about the movie too, but I just remember that anticipation going into May of '99, the return of Star Wars.  Plus, it is just kind of cool to see the SW movies on the big screen again - 3D or not.

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2012, 08:18 AM »
I was really disappointed in what the Phantom Menace had to offer when it was released, but it's really grown on me over the years. I'm looking forward to watching it at the cinema and actually enjoying it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2012, 04:00 PM »
Is this going to be shown in the 2nd dimension as well so I don't have to pay an extra $5 or whatever to see it in a theatre?  I'm not big on this 3D craze but iirc other movies have been released in both formats.

Would have been nice if Lucas could have gone back and completely edited JarJar out of the movie, but I'll take what I can get.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2012, 12:04 AM »
Has there been any leaked commentary about how TPM looks in 3d

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2012, 09:02 AM »
I saw the Preview at the movies this weekend...looks ok, lots of lightsabers coming at your face and ship debris, etc.

The whole thing is just a silly gimmick.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2012, 12:15 AM »
I'm actually pretty jazzed for this. I want to see what a lightsaber looks like in 3D. Been kind of a sucker for 3D since Avatar.

Those posters are great. The red one with the Maul 'saber and the character's faces is my new desktop.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2012, 02:48 PM »
I'm actually fairly looking forward to this, too.  Mainly because I've never seen a 3D movie, so this is a good place to start. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2012, 05:37 PM »
I saw the trailer for this as well when we took our daughter to see Beauty and the Beast this past weekend.  That was actually my first 3D movie, but I thought the trailer looked pretty good as well.  I remember seeing an interview on G4 with Lucas sometime last year, where he mentioned he wanted the 3D to be more an "immersive" sort of thing, and not just "stuff coming at your face" or something along those lines.  I'm kind of excited for it as well.  Seeing the clips, posters, and Maul's face everywhere makes me nostalgic for early 1999 anticipating the return of SW.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2012, 05:49 PM »
Where are the trailers on ye ole boob tube for this?  I've yet to see any there.  Normally there's gobs of trailers on tv for these movies...Too soon?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2012, 02:03 PM »
Where are the trailers on ye ole boob tube for this?  I've yet to see any there.  Normally there's gobs of trailers on tv for these movies...Too soon?

I haven't seen any, but I sure am seeing a lot of product tie-ins.  Seems like the marketing strategy this time around is to partner with other companies/products to share the cost of building awareness.  See the barking dogs for a great example.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2012, 02:12 PM »
Yeah, I can't say that I've really seen any commercials either, but I've noticed the product tie-ins as well.  I saw the R2-D2 Verizon commercial a couple times during football yesterday, and our box of Cheerios has a free Star Wars pen inside (we got Jar Jar) and it looks like there is eight of those out there.