Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ  (Read 183263 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
« on: October 23, 2009, 09:54 PM »
Wooof previously confirmed is now uber confirmed...

Galactic Hunter

Wow is all I can say!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 11:56 AM by Scott »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 10:38 PM »
Yeah, that looks like it could be a heck of a figure - definitely looking forward to it.  The recent Giran/Nikto figures from the ROTJ wave were outstanding I thought, and I can't wait to see more of what Hasbro can do with Jabba's goons.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 10:38 PM »
AWESOME!!!!! Gives me hope the legacy line will continue in some way
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 11:44 PM »
From the sounds of it Hasbro is going to make a strong effort to get Collectors back on board Legacy next year (Sirstevesguide):

H: Many collectors simply stopped collecting last Fall and have not yet come back (if they will). We are working hard to get them back, and we think that what we have lined up next year will be our best attempt. As long as the economy is looking better, and the folks on the sidelines feel they can join the hobby again, we promise incredible satisfaction with what we have coming up.

That was the most promising Q&A in my opinion, it shows Hasbro is trying to identify the problems and make a great stride to address issues and continue the line. The rest can be found here:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1934
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 12:21 AM »
Woof was my first ROTJ figure I bought back in the day and so I'm looking forward to him.  Another home run judging by the articulation count and accessories.  I can't wait to see how they do the skirt, because I really always felt the vintage was flawless.  Can it be improved?  Duplicated?  I'm anxious to find out.

The figure's certainly 10x better.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 02:12 AM »
From the sounds of it Hasbro is going to make a strong effort to get Collectors back on board Legacy next year (Sirstevesguide):

H: Many collectors simply stopped collecting last Fall and have not yet come back (if they will). We are working hard to get them back, and we think that what we have lined up next year will be our best attempt. As long as the economy is looking better, and the folks on the sidelines feel they can join the hobby again, we promise incredible satisfaction with what we have coming up.

That was the most promising Q&A in my opinion, it shows Hasbro is trying to identify the problems and make a great stride to address issues and continue the line. The rest can be found here:

Thanks for posting that... maybe we can let go of all the gloom and doom nonsense around here now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 10:35 AM »
Yeaaaaaaa! And yes, wow. Nice upgrade.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 10:41 AM »
Definately looking forward to Wooof.   ;D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 12:14 PM »
Wow, that looks amazing.  Thanks for sharing Scott!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 01:39 PM »
Woof!  I bet he reuses the head from Giran (one of my all time faves).

I appreciate Hasbro's honesty about the retail situation, and the fact they are streamlining the line.  It's too big for the moment.  They seem to really be looking to rebound next year and I hope they do.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 06:51 PM »

This was good to read/hear.  I mean, I didn't necessarily think the Legacy line was ending in the next couple years (Hasbro obviously has plans at least through 2011), but it is always nice to hear of a collector focus.  I hope that means lots of OT goodness, and several much-requested characters will make it out.  It does sound like they are really putting a lot into next year as a big collector push, so I do wonder what that will mean if Legacy continues to "struggle" - at least in Hasbro's eyes.  At any rate, I look forward to what they have planned, I wonder what we'll be seeing.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 11:13 PM »
Impressed ... Hasbro mentioned the 2010 realistic figure lineup would be exciting ... hopefully 2010 will be a good year in realistic figure sales.  :) And I like that Woof ... like him alot
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 10:37 AM »
Hasbro always says that the next line-up is going to be exciting. What else are they going to say?  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 12:37 PM »
Hasbro always says that the next line-up is going to be exciting. What else are they going to say?  :P

If they're as good as the figures from about wave 5 of this year on have been, I believe it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 08:39 PM »
From everything we've been seeing in the Q&A's, these figures appear to be a lock:

-Wooof
-Gamorrean Guard
-AT-ST Driver
-Wicket

As for the rest of the wave?  I'm thinking these are strong contenders:

-Admiral Ackbar
-R2-D2 - exploded (different from the battle pack version)
-Yoda - Force Spirit (new)
-Rebel Trooper - Nik Sant (totally wishlist item)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback