Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7  (Read 118562 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7
« Reply #300 on: August 9, 2011, 08:37 PM »
That's a possibility...  And I'm not really being critical, however not EVERYONE rolls like you (or I) roll.  I hit different Targets, but I hit one often because it's close.  Like I said, if you get everything dumped at your store, just so it's convenient for everyone else, you're not winning.  You're actually losing because you're going further.

BFE or on a highway with 3 stores in 40 minute stretch...  The scenario is the same either way.  Someone will have to branch out, regardless.  For some people, they can only hit that close store, often, and can't go hit all 5 stores in their tri-county area or whatever.

Again, I'm not being a dick, just pointing out that you really can't say for certainty whether your'e hurting someone or not.  There's a couple collectors around me because KM always sells out when a new case comes in.  Guys I don't know, never met, and don't know their circumstances.  Could be kids, who only get to KM maybe for all I know.  Just sayin'...  Someone gets the shaft, most likely.

I've taken things back to Target...  Can't say I've strategically moved things around for my benefit, but I do know those who have, and I'm not freaked out over it.  I know if MY nearest Target I visit got a ton dumped at it though, I'd be annoyed, since I don't necessarilly want to go the extra 15 minutes any direction it'll take to get to the next one.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2011, 08:40 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 9, 2011, 09:59 PM »
You both have pretty good points here - I'm not sure that there is a right or wrong.  I know guys in my area who move product to other stores to get the replenishment going faster.  I don't think anyone in our group frowns on it, but we have the luxury of 40-50 Targets in the metro, so clogging up a store here or there isn't going to really hurt anyone. 

I think if you can find a way to force one store to get new product, then you're helping yourself primarily, but you're actually helping Target to some degree as well.  If they didn't get those new items to the store, you might have eventually bought the figures at Wal-Mart or online.  They'd have the stuff you moved in one store or another, so it's not really a detriment to the retailer overall.  Likewise, if the dumped-on store isn't get anything new anyway, the additional figures aren't really hurting that store. 

Not sure I would define it as a win-win for both stores, since the dumped-on store doesn't benefit and like Jesse said, you may be screwing collectors there.  But it is a win-win in that you're getting new figures at your store of choice and Target gets to sell you some product.  Besides, when was the last time you saw basic figures on clearance at Target?  Seems like pretty much anything will sell through eventually.

So, while I don't practice this method (mainly because I'm too time starved/lazy), I also don't fault anyone for doing it.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 11, 2011, 12:14 AM »
Walked in to Target today and for the first time since November I found newly-stocked TVC pegs - with the repaint wave (by the condition of the cards, it looks like they'd been in the stockrooms since January)! :-[ So if I'm lucky, and we're in August, another 6 months till I see Wave 7 on shelves? :D
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 6, 2014, 11:31 PM »
I have Barriss Offee, Bespin Han Solo, 3 Rebel Troopers and Logray.