Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ  (Read 183295 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2009, 08:13 PM »
Ackbar could be the anchor figure, but since Hasbro's slogan these days is "For the kids," they may go with a more recognizable character. Perhaps the long-overdue evil Emperor himself?  ;)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2009, 08:39 PM »
Maybe Endor Han or Leia could be in there. Seems the others have been done recently.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2009, 10:33 PM »
I'm going to say Oola is coming with Jabba, since they said she will be coming 'if all goes to plan.'  I'd say the ROTJ wave is pretty set, but exclusives are probably still up in the air somewhat.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2009, 11:52 PM »
I'm going to say Oola is coming with Jabba, since they said she will be coming 'if all goes to plan.'  I'd say the ROTJ wave is pretty set, but exclusives are probably still up in the air somewhat.

I really doubt that as the Jawa with fan and dais are coming with him already according to Hasbro. For $40-$50 your are most likely not getting more than that. Do not get me wrong, I would not mind it at all as I would happily retire my POTF2 one. I would be ecstatic if we get her at all.  I really want to purge the last of the POTF2 stuff from my collection, it's too dated now. So for a slim picking year, as it's sounding to be, I really hope they redo more figures than do never before done figures for the mainline. Ackbar, Yak, Oola, Gammorean, Numb, Wicket all seriously need resculpts. Add a dash of Wooof and other newbies then I would feel satisfied. I think EV-9D9 as a BAD is coming, he would be perfect. They have the legs for him in the EU Wave Jabba Droid already. Even 8D8 would be cool as a BAD.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2009, 12:00 AM »
I think EV-9D9 as a BAD is coming, he would be perfect.

EV-9D9 would be a cool one, but I think the plan is for B-A-D to die with the EU Wave...  from Dewback Patrol:

"there will be one EU-focused wave to close out the red/white line look, and then a gap until August when the new movie-focused line will debut. This wave will feature the last of the buildable Droid Factory figures."

Makes me wonder what (if anything) we'll be getting with those Late 2010 figures?   ???
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2009, 12:20 AM »
Man, the news just keeps getting worse. The devil is in the details I suppose, good bad news catch.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2009, 08:37 AM »
I would absolutely love the future ROTJ if it had a figure selection like JACKOFTRADZE posted 3 posts above mine.  that would be great!!!

Seriously sucks about the end of B.A.D. - best pack-in ever.  Hasbro, this pack-in got me to buy WAY more figures than ever before.  If there is gonna be no B.A.D. then Hasbro you better seriously mark down the MSRP because no other pack-in I could imagine is worth the current cost.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2009, 08:57 AM »
Yeah, the BAD thing really sucked the cash from me this year, I bought so many figures that I probably wouldn't have otherwise just to get those droid parts.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2009, 09:19 AM »
I have to agree, the BAD part made buying these figures at a higher cost, more palatable.  Buy 4 figs get an astromech, that essentially cost $4 (@ $1 a part) or $6(@ $1.50) a part depending on how you want to think about it. Buy 6 figs and get a protocol (or other 2 legged) droid for essentialy $6 (@ $1 a part).

If Hasbro plans to do away with the Build A Droid pack in, then they also need to do away with $1 off the price. These figure really should get back to the $6-$6.50 price range or lower on a daily basis and not a sale price from stores.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2009, 10:57 AM »
I'd be pretty happy with the wave Scott posted, even if Ackbar is in the final slot.  A lot of those cover some much-needed POTF2 resculpts, and ones I've been hoping we'd see for awhile now.  It does seem like it needs some sort of "main character" anchor, but maybe that will be the "Greatest Hits" side of things and they'll repack a VTSC Endor Han, the recent Jedi Luke, or something else.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2009, 12:03 PM »
I have to agree, the BAD part made buying these figures at a higher cost, more palatable.  Buy 4 figs get an astromech, that essentially cost $4 (@ $1 a part) or $6(@ $1.50) a part depending on how you want to think about it. Buy 6 figs and get a protocol (or other 2 legged) droid for essentialy $6 (@ $1 a part).

If Hasbro plans to do away with the Build A Droid pack in, then they also need to do away with $1 off the price. These figure really should get back to the $6-$6.50 price range or lower on a daily basis and not a sale price from stores.

This falls into my theory that one of the reasons Hasbro has cut back on the Legacy line this year is because it's probably a higher cost to them.  They can't have as much invested per figure in repacked Legends and less detailed sculpted/articulated Clone Wars figures as they do in the Legacy line.

Very frustrating.  Looks like we can look forward to about 6 months of no new Legacy figures next year, and a cram full of things near the end of 2010.  Hasbro's strategy is starting to really turn me off.  I love Star Wars of course, but might start spending my dollars on other things if they keep this up.  They are alienating people like myself.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2009, 10:22 PM »
I really doubt that as the Jawa with fan and dais are coming with him already according to Hasbro.

Where did you hear that?  Now that would be awesome!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2009, 12:12 AM »
Oola is great news! I wonder if they'll be giving her alternate "sitting" legs like they did with the new Slave Leia?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2009, 12:54 AM »
Oola is great news! I wonder if they'll be giving her alternate "sitting" legs like they did with the new Slave Leia?

Seriously wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro went in that direction.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2009, 10:23 AM »
Here's my guess at the wave (because it's Saturday morning and I don't really want to work):

For sure:
AT-ST Driver
Wooof
Wicket/Ewok #2
Gamorrean Guard

Debatable:
Ackbar
Oola