Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ  (Read 183260 times)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2010, 11:47 AM »
I agree, the Gommorean 'pig' guard as me and my friends used to call him looks great as does Ackbar. Jedi Luke looks pretty decent too. Endor trooper is cool too. So much cool stuff and very well done! The two Hoth battle packs are great, gonna be hard with def getting the Bat-at whether I can get either hoth set, though my son will want it ALL! LOL. I def need to get Dengar and the Zuckess, but part of me wants the CV 4-LOM/Zuckess exc package eventhough I still have both my original figs of them and I got 4-LOM last year.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2010, 12:11 PM »
It seems from Hasbro's panel that the photo for Luke will be the vintage Jabba's palace one.  Kind of a bummer as I was looking for something new here.  I suppose they could always fix it later (oh wait, they will). 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2010, 10:20 PM »
We have come a loooooooonnnngggg way from monkey Leia.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2010, 11:11 AM »
Wow I was fooled by that picture. I thought it was a movie one until I saw the elbow joints.

THESE are the figures we are looking for!

Greta job Hasbro. (Now let's hope the manufacturing plant doesn't screw something up...)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2010, 01:12 AM »
That Gamorean Guard is outstanding!  Same with the Admiral Ackbar!  Those are must haves...even for someone who doesn't collect much anymore!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2010, 02:27 AM »
Nobody's talking about the R2 because Hasbro already said they reproportioned it...  If anyone else is like me, they're not pleased about that seeing as how Hasbro did a bajillion Astromechs one size, and now with this R2 they're doing one that is going to be very oddly sized by comparison I am afraid.

The Luke...  Eh.  I wasn't that bothered by last years ROTJ Luke.  Some were flipping lids, but to me I liked it.  This is far superior looking in proportions, but maybe it's the fact it's coming out so soon that people are just maybe irked they bought last years?  It's a mostly mish-mash of parts, isn't it?  Not really a lot of new tooling.  At least I thought it looked like a mix of parts and a new head to me.

For me, the top 3 figures were GamGuard, Endor Rebel, and Ackbar...  Not much else compared, even though it was still nice...  The GamGuard is one of their finest figures I think.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:28 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2010, 01:06 PM »
The Luke...  Eh.  I wasn't that bothered by last years ROTJ Luke.  Some were flipping lids, but to me I liked it.  This is far superior looking in proportions, but maybe it's the fact it's coming out so soon that people are just maybe irked they bought last years?  It's a mostly mish-mash of parts, isn't it?  Not really a lot of new tooling.  At least I thought it looked like a mix of parts and a new head to me.

It appears the head and torso downward are all-new. I like the look of this one very much more than LC because that one was somewhat too short and disproportioned. This one seems taller. But it would help if Hasbro didn't release him so soon and replaced his slot with somebody else.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2010, 01:13 PM »
Excellent looking wave. Hasbro really outdid themselves.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2010, 03:33 PM »
I don't know, the torso doesn't look much different to me than the Rancor/ENdor pack Luke toso...  Which that figure is actually a hair shorter than the Legacy Collection figure (Luke IS short, and I don't expect them to make this one any taller than the Legacy figure from last year).

In the slideshow image, the head doesn't even look terribly different from last year's figure.  It's a different torso from last year's, but it's tough to tell if it isn't that Endor body re-used.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2010, 04:11 PM »
I think the Luke appears to be all new.  Maybe I'm wrong though, but it looks great to me and is very welcome as I thought the last one was terrible.

As for R2, I'll just pass.  If he's shorter, oh well.  I've got enough of him already that I like...

The Gamorrean obviously is amazing, as is Ackbar.  Can't wait to get several of each, perhaps even a dozen of the Gamorrean. 

The Endor guy is nice, though I don't think it comes close to the aliens... I kind of think the Luke looks better too.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 26, 2010, 04:20 PM »
^ no mention of Wicket?   :P

I think Wicket looks really good.  Those pics from the show room floor with the green hood on makes me consider buying a second.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: July 26, 2010, 04:24 PM »
So small he's almost forgotten.

I'm considering a 2nd one as well Smash, just not sure I want to spend the money on two given the size of the figure.  That may be a gametime decision.  :D  I'm going to see if the extra hood fits other figures first as well.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 04:31 PM by Jesse James »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 26, 2010, 11:41 PM »
Wicket does look good... I guess after so many Ewoks, he's kinda low on the list.  But, he does look fantastic and I'm sure I'll get a couple.  He's the least interesting one to me out of the wave.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2010, 03:12 PM »
You know, looking at the pictures again - and although he isn't in the official slideshow (and there isn't a lot of talk about him) isn't the AOTC Yoda w/chair included in this wave new (or partially new?).  It at least doesn't look like the previous "Yoda w/chair" that I have from the SAGA line.  It looks like it is at least partially new.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2010, 04:49 PM »
The figure they showed definitely isn't the same one that came with the hover chair in the past.