Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ  (Read 183283 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
« Reply #375 on: November 26, 2010, 03:35 PM »
I'm hoping it's not a slim chance, but hopefully Hasbro can repack Slave Leia on a Vintage card in one of the upcoming waves... I never once saw that figure in the wild during the LC days...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 26, 2010, 04:45 PM »
I'm slowly but surely making my way through this wave... so far I've opened Wicket, Bar2 and the Endor Commando.

Bar2 is one of those figures that I didn't have ANY interest in but I'm really glad I ended up picking him up. The size difference is noticeable when compared to the Resurgence R2, but not that much. He's about the same height as the animated CW R2 but he's not as wide. He just seems like a slightly smaller version of R2. The features are built in so well, he has the sensorscope that's seen when the Skiff picks the droids up from the sand, and the electric thing he uses to free Leia with. The popup feature is pretty cool too. Honestly I'd probably buy a "normal" version of this R2 with no gimmicks.

Wicket is cool, but he's another Ewok. Love the improved articulation and the sculpt is great. Second hood is worthless to me but it's cool to have.

Endor Commando, the only downside I'd say is the face. Everything else is perfect. I'm going to fool around with the other Endor soldiers I have and try to do some headswaps. The black Endor soldier's head is a little too small for the Commando body.

Overall, a great wave, and I haven't even gotten to the good stuff yet.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 26, 2010, 07:37 PM »
So Giran and Wooof are the same alien species? I had no idea of that before, it kind of makes me regret not picking up Giran now...

I've got a Giran for $5.00 shipped if you would like a friend for Wooof. He's opened, but still in the bubble tray. PM me if you're interested.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 27, 2010, 02:16 PM »
I've got a Giran for $5.00 shipped if you would like a friend for Wooof. He's opened, but still in the bubble tray. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind. :)

Visited Target yesterday, and you can tell the holiday season is kicking in - toys scattered all over the place, Star Wars figures falling off the shelves and the best ones hidden at the very back of the shelves... ;)

I'm pleasantly surprised that it's not very hard at all to find the ROTJ wave. Yesterday I saw Rebel Commando, Wooof, and Ackbar. Just two weeks ago I had encountered 2 cases of the entire wave, minus the Gam. Guards. If anything, the ROTS wave is harder to find. :o Besides Anakin, Obi, and Sandtrooper, I haven't seen any of the others in the wild.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 28, 2010, 08:17 PM »
Found R2.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 28, 2010, 10:13 PM »
Picked up my first Rebel Commando of many at Walmart the other day. Still looking for the pig guard.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #381 on: November 29, 2010, 01:30 AM »
Just found the full wave for the first time at WM tonight...  One of each that I wanted.  They had 2 or 3 Lukes, 2 or 3 R2's, and some Ackbars.  Some of these were from multiple cases because there were lingering figures the other night at the same store.

Only one Wicket, one Gammie, and one Rebel, so I started my quest to get all those guys. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 5, 2010, 07:58 PM »
I found Rebel Commando and Wooof at Wal-Mart for $7, then found them again at Target for $6. So I will be returning a Wooof to Wal-mart. I don't know why only those guys were left. Not like one of each, either. Target had three Klaatu and four commandos...Ackbar and R2-D2 bartender really are more popular than them? REALLY?

I dislike the Commando's hunched neck, they took a page from 1996 and the Tusken Raider who liked to stare at the ground. Also, I accidently puched a hole through his trenchcoat with the packback peg. Sucks that his head isn't swappable with hoth rebels, not without carving or whatever.

Wooof is  pretty awesome.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 5, 2010, 10:20 PM »
I'm thinking I'm going to stock up on these Gamorrean Guards.  3 so far, looking at maybe 6 total...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #384 on: December 5, 2010, 10:52 PM »
Yeah, the Gammorean Guards kick all types of ass.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #385 on: December 7, 2010, 05:59 PM »
Guys, do not mind this post, it's meant for Dressel Rebel. I was modding some of my troops and merged Major Panno with the new Rebel Commando. I was thinking it's something he may dig. Here is the result of a simple pop and swap:

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #386 on: December 7, 2010, 06:15 PM »
I'm totally mindin that post!

Nice work on the custom work though...even if it is something simple to do.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 8, 2010, 04:58 PM »
I can't afford AOTC wave yet... not with Christmas so close.  I kind of hope they start hitting in early-mid January... but at the same time, I don't feel ROTJ has shipped in sufficient numbers yet... Gamorreans are too hard to come by I think.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #388 on: December 8, 2010, 07:50 PM »
AOTC wave's had sightings in Asia, so I think we'll see them either early January or by the end of December.  Not far at all.

I agree though, ROTJ hasn't shipped well enough yet for my liking either.  Luke, Endor Rebel, and Gammies are hard to find, and Wicket's a close second, and then Woof, Ackbar, and R2 are the only things anyone sees routinely at this stage.  The $6 price is making stuff fly too.  It's easy to say, "Eh, what the hell", on picking up a Sandtrooper or Clone... 

At Target here, Sandtroopers have become almost impossible to pick up, actually, as has much of the ROTS Wave which had some pegwarmers for a while there like Anakin.

They're down to pretty much nothing interesting these days.  WM's getting there too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #389 on: December 8, 2010, 09:57 PM »
I agree...I've only seen the ROTJ wave once!  And I never got the GG.  So I assume there will be more.  I don't think they have even shown up at TRU, have they?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com