Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ  (Read 183323 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
« Reply #450 on: February 4, 2011, 02:41 PM »
I wouldn't call Wooof a pegwarmer, at least not in my area.  He's just not very scarce... I mean, if I went on a massive toy run this weekend, I could probably find perhaps a dozen of him across 20 stores (compared to hundreds of Phase 2 Bucket Helmet Clones). 

And in the St. Louis region, nothing in this wave constitutes pegwarming status of what we saw from some of the Wave One and Wave Two figures.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #451 on: February 4, 2011, 02:42 PM »
It's really funny.  Collectors clamored to get Wooof made in the modern line, and when we saw that the figure was coming out there was genuine excitement.  And the figure really has not disappointed.  

But then what happens?  Wooof quickly became the biggest pegwarmer of the ROTJ wave.  The irony is staggering.

Yeah.  That's something I don't get.  If you collect SW, you must have this figure.  It's one of Hasbro's best.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 4, 2011, 03:07 PM »
I have like 0 ROTJ figs period at my Walmarts, Targets and TRUs.  Actually, nothing but Sandtroopers and EII clones with the yellowing helmets.

At lunch today I did find AOTC wave at Target for $8.99 each.  I didn't buy as many as I would have if they were cheaper, I just don't like the idea of $9 basic figures.  Got a few though that I couldn't resist.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 4, 2011, 03:24 PM »
Regarding Woof, I bought 3 or 4.  I did my part... but is he really pegwarming that badly?  Most of us could probably go on a toy run and find a few, but is that a bad thing?  Do we want him to be long gone already like the Gamorreans?  And it is a nice figure, though the skin tone is a bit more of a lime green than I'd like. 

Also that's great you found the AOTC wave at Target Dressel... I had only heard of them hitting at Wal-Mart so far.  Guess it's time to start looking at Target again, despite their price hike.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 4, 2011, 03:53 PM »

Also that's great you found the AOTC wave at Target Dressel... I had only heard of them hitting at Wal-Mart so far.  Guess it's time to start looking at Target again, despite their price hike.

I was in there looking for Marvel Universe and the new Wave 4 G.I. JOE, negged on both, but then saw the $9 AOTC figs.  "Dammit.  Okay you got me."
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #455 on: February 4, 2011, 04:58 PM »
Keonobi said he saw 20 Woof's...  I'd call that a pegwarmer, at least for him and where he lives.  I'm more in Dressel's position where nothing from ROTJ pegwarmed really, but the first figures to back up for me went sorta like this:

-Bar2
-Woof
-Ackbar (kind of the same as Woof)
-Wicket
-Endor Rebel (Wicket and Endor Rebel were pretty equal)
-Luke
-Gammie Guard

Now that was when they were hitting in some quantity.  Ironically Woof is the only one I see now.  One here, one there...  I don't see any other figure from the wave, ever.  It sucks because I probably would've picked up 40 Endor Rebels, and 20 Gammies all told.  I have absolutely nothing near that.  I figure if they're getting more of both into circulation due to demand, I'll get to them.

I maintain though, you pack the Gammorean too heavily, and he too will pegwarm.  That's just how the hobby goes.  People can deny that and say there's no way he will because he's such an awesome figure, but it's always been that way no matter how good a figure is.  Eventually every character can hit a saturation point.  I think there's just not been enough ROTJ wave out to really know who's going to do that poorly and who isn't, though Keonobi's experience has to make me think Woof's probably the top contender to perhaps cut out of some future reshipments.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 4, 2011, 05:17 PM »
I'd cut Woof out too, from future assortments if they're going to get these figures out in more circulation because as nice as he is, he is probably the slowest seller of the group. 

And every figure does have a saturation point for sure... as for Endor Rebels, you can still find one here or there in my area, but it's not easy.  If/when they get that one back out again, I hope they give him a new head (and a new neck too, like you suggested, but I think that's unlikely compared to the head). 

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 4, 2011, 05:23 PM »
Regarding Woof, I bought 3 or 4.  I did my part... but is he really pegwarming that badly?  Most of us could probably go on a toy run and find a few, but is that a bad thing?

True.  And I'll be the first to admit that my experience is VERY anecdotal.  I haven't done a lot of shopping lately, so aside from this WM I think I've only been in one or two other stores that carry toys since Christmas.  So it could very well be that the people of Glenville NY that shop at Walmart just don't like skinny green spikey faced guys.  So my comments earlier may have been a bit strong in regards to the case ratios, and Wooof could be fine figure, but I don't think anyone thinks he's the equal of the Gammie in terms of quality or the demand for the figure.

But in my experience the figure is pegwarming and even if Walmart were to accidentaly do one of their localized fat-finger sales (I'm thinking the ones were through a glitch all SW figures get repriced to $4.00 for a week) the Sandies, and probably the clones, would clear out a lot faster than Wooof.

Basically if Hasbro really does have an A, B, C, etc. system for figuring out waves I think the Wooof is further down on that scale and I wish the cases that had come to the Glenville WM had been packed to reflect that.  Also Hasbro should've checked with me first.    ;D
« Last Edit: February 4, 2011, 05:26 PM by Keonobi »
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #458 on: February 4, 2011, 08:13 PM »
I don't think the head change is likely either but it'd be nice.  Something much more generic...  and with hair.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #459 on: February 24, 2011, 04:31 AM »
So I was pissing around with some Endor Rebels tonight, kind of tallying up the troops as it were (I have a friend who the soldier's headsculpt is identical to, to the point it's creepy).  Anyway, I tried some of the Saga vests on him...  It's amazing how you can actually slip the vest on without taking the figure apart even.

While pictures looked ok, they didn't quite impress me in person...  the vest basically still negates the arm articaultion (I thought the sturdier design and better poseability of the new sculpt would make the vest more useful...  I was wrong).  Also the vest flares out a bit, it was to accomodate pockets and things on the Saga figure, but it's awkward on the new figure...

I think elements of the Saga figure combined with the new one could be cool, but ultimately I don't like how the vest swaps.  I hope Hasbro does something to make poseable guys in the vests...  A softgoods vest would be my favored route honestly.  It's cool and the most common outfit, so I hope they try something.

Anyway though, still love the figure, goofy neck and all...  It's customizable for sure.  I'd like to see updates to the other Endor outfits, with this as a base at least.  Hopefully Hasbro doesn't abandon them because that Vintage figure could sure use an update, and I'd not turn down the POTF2 trooper getting updated either...  They're pretty close to each other but the original 1980's figure was based on one specific guy that enters the bunker with Han, so I'd like to see him updated despite the specificness of him.  I'm not holding my breath though.

And Nik Sant would make an awesome vested guy update.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 27, 2011, 02:49 PM »
Nik Sant is the only Rebel Commando I'd really want honestly.  However, I'd go for a few variants if they come our way.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #461 on: February 27, 2011, 04:57 PM »

Does the Rebel now have hair?  Or are my eyes playing tricks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #462 on: February 27, 2011, 05:05 PM »
It looks like a different deco. Even the helmet is packaged separately.

Edit: I think is just a mockup image. In fact it was shown that way at CV, but obviously it changed upon release.

I think the "hairline" we see in the photo above is actually the bubble tray insert.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:26 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 27, 2011, 06:51 PM »

Does the Rebel now have hair?  Or are my eyes playing tricks

I though the exact same thing when I saw this image (tried to zoom in but no cigar)
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #464 on: February 27, 2011, 08:09 PM »
Yeah, you're right Jayson...thanks!