Author Topic: What are some movies you can't stop watching?  (Read 3237 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: What are some movies you can't stop watching?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 03:13 PM »
I had the same thing with Harry Potter.  They were running marathons of the films on ABC Family, leading up to last night when they ran Order of the Phoenix which may have been a TV debut.

Either way, at various points over the weekend I found myself watching Potter films for extended periods of time.  Which was broken up with me reading, for hours on end, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which I'm now about 200 pages from finishing.  That'll wrap up a two month marathon of re-reading the series.

I'm sure I'll follow this all up by actually watching a marathon of the first 6 films on DVD in the coming weeks.

E...

Same here.  I always catch at least parts of the Harry Potter marathons that ABC Family runs.  I wanted to check out some of them this weekend, since it is the first time it has been on since we upgraded to an HDTV and cable box.  I've also been re-reading Deathly Hallows for the first time since it came out, and I'm just over halfway done.  Looking forward to Part I hitting theaters later this year.

On this topic, there are a handful of movies that I'll always catch at least some of every time they are on TV (even if we have them on DVD/BluRay).  Just something about checking it out for awhile, then switching to something else, or whatever...but I always find time to watch some of these movies when they are on:

Star Wars Saga
Spider-Man Trilogy (1 and 2 in particular)
X-Men/X-Men 2
Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter
Batman Begins
The Goonies

I'm sort of surprised that some other older movies don't get shown more often.  The Indy trilogy in particular is virtually never on television.  I can remember it getting played on USA (and maybe Sci Fi?) a couple times in the past 5-10 years (the 2nd time was when KOTCS was getting released), but that is about it.  You would think someone would use those rights to play them every so often, like the LOTR/Harry Potter/Star Wars situation.