Author Topic: Celebration 5 Exclusive Camie & Fixer Comic Pack  (Read 30320 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Celebration 5 Exclusive Camie & Fixer Comic Pack
« on: November 17, 2009, 10:22 AM »
In the latest Q&A @ JTA, Hasbro has confirmed that the planned Camie & Fixer (SW: Empire - Darklighter) Comic Pack will be coming as a convention exclusive set in 2010.

Since Hasbro has already confirmed a Visionaries Maul/? Comic Pack for SDCC'10, where do you guys think this set will land - a second SDCC Comic Pack or will this be a Celebration V* exclusive Comic Pack?  Or maybe a surprise like NYCC or Fan Days in Dallas?

* (assuming of course that LFL gets their act together and actually pulls off C-V next summer  :P)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 09:59 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: ? Convention Exclusive Camie & Fixer Comic Pack
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 10:57 AM »
They could do a second exclusive, maybe shared, like they did at this year's SDCC.  One at HTS and one at ShopStarWars.com or SSW/HTS shared.   Or CV, which would be my guess. 

It's more of a niche pack and probably more desiarable to SW geeks than the Visionaries Maul which might have broader appeal.  I'm just happy to hear we'll get a shot at it. 

Now if they can just figure out a way for me to get the T'ra Saa pack.  Not to mention the currently-shipping stuff that, you know, isn't shipping...

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 01:41 PM »
I'll echo E's thoughts on this. Easily a second SDCC exclusive. And yeah, where are those comic packs?
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 02:39 PM »
It could be C5, regardless I am happy we are getting it at all. I really want this set and will buy 2-4 of them. I also really want the spring 2010 sets and the Noroghi set as they had some great potential hopefully they will find a way to make it out. These limbo sets would make some great EE exclusives if they are up to it. If Comic Packs became the new norm for convention exclusives I would be very happy. The very nature of them lends itself very well to geeky comic conventions. They would be far better than the mediocre Smiley Luke, Shadow Scout, Shadow Troopers and a Holo Leia.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Did we ever get a picture of this set, BTW??  ???
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 02:13 PM »
Did we ever get a picture of this set, BTW??  ???

Sort of. There was a very tiny preview pic (it's the one in the middle on the card back) at Galactic Hunter some months back.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 01:22 PM »
By the look of that tiny picture, it seems that Hasbro originally meant to include these sets early into the run of the red-carded CPs. Honestly, I don't know how Hasbro plans to include these as a convention exclusive and plan for them to do well. ??? Yeah, they might sell, but not many people might buy this.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 2, 2009, 11:20 PM »
Waiting to see Camie and Fixer, Tosche Station is almost complete.

Probably Hasbro will release Camie with a soft good skirt, is nearly imposible they depict her legs in one piece like the potf2 line, so is better swivel legs than ball joints.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #8 on: December 2, 2009, 11:36 PM »
Honestly, I don't know how Hasbro plans to include these as a convention exclusive and plan for them to do well. ??? Yeah, they might sell, but not many people might buy this.

I am not so sure about that. I will definitely plan on buying 3-4 sets. The plain look of these two will lend themselves perfect for customs Mos Eisley Schmoes. I think a lot of fans will be more receptive to these than a Smiley Luke that no one really wanted and some sort of overdone Shadow Trooper. The whole cut scene old school lore has a nice appeal to it. If it flops and these end up on HST so be it I will just buy more. For whatever strange reason I am excited about this set.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 3, 2009, 10:32 AM »
I'll buy one or two, but not more than that as an exclusive.  It's going to end up being double the price, so not a very appealing set to me anymore if it's $25.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #10 on: February 4, 2010, 12:16 PM »
See, for something that obscure and odd, I'd gladly pay 25.00.  But that's me, and I'm a total nutcase for anything 1977 related.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 5, 2010, 11:02 AM »
These aren't based off the cut scenes, though. I feel kind of cheated.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2010, 11:02 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 6, 2010, 04:35 AM »
This set is obviously coming up as part of CV or SDCC. The Visionaries Darth Maul, too, is obviously coming. This set, though, is dependent on one type of collector: the old school OTC collector. Had it seen retail, it would most likely have failed. And then Hasbro would moan that the CP line was gonna die because the collectors have never been around to support it. Yeah, the collectors never buy Hasbro's products. That's why Hasbro Star Wars has been so succesful for so many years.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration 5 Exclusive Camie & Fixer Comic Pack
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 09:21 AM »
Okay, after seeing them, I don't feel so cheated.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration 5 Exclusive Camie & Fixer Comic Pack
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 08:27 PM »
Camie comes with a pet, kind of puppy, both figures are meant to fit empire 8 story but they´re also suitable to anh deleted scene.

Nice paint job and sculpt, Camie looks slim and with a decent hairdress depict.