Author Topic: Video Game Trade In Advice?  (Read 2593 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Video Game Trade In Advice?
« on: November 27, 2009, 02:33 PM »
Anyone know the best place to trade in Video Game Lots?  I have 100+ PS2 Games that I am looking at unloading.  Not looking for cash but would rather trade up for a new System or Games. Any help would be appreciated.  Does Gamestop by lots or do they only purchase games that they are currently looking for.  Thanks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Trade In Advice?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 02:43 PM »
I did Gamestop a few months ago when I upgraded to my PS3.  Sold about 60-70 old PS2 games to them and they'll take anything (post Dreamcast) as long as the discs aren't too scratched, but don't expect a lot of money.  Right now they have a deal where they'll give you 10-40% more for your old games in trade in credit - lasts until 12/06/09.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 02:31 PM »
We've traded in lots of games at GameStop.  They will give you price quote before you sell them as well.  So I had them quote all the games and did a spot check on eBay.  I was able to sell some on eBay for more money but most just went back to Gamestop.  They usually run some promotions were you can get a decent deal when you are trading in to get a new system. 

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 08:27 PM »
TRU is also doing trade ins.  You can check out what you will get at www.toysrustradeincenter.com

With all those games you'll probably get a better deal from gamestop because of the bonus going on plus get an Edge card which adds another 10% to your trade in value.  I think it's like $10-$15 to be a member for a year.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 8, 2009, 07:50 PM »
Well I finally did the upgrade for the kids Christmas and got a PS3 with the trade in.  I got trade in quotes from Amazon, Best Buy and TRU.  Then I went to Gamestop and they actually offered me 10% above my highest quote.  Just wished that the new PS3 had PS2 compatability.  On a side note I was told the PS2 will be officially dead as of March and no new games will be produced so I'm glad for the upgrade.  Its a win win situation since the kids wanted one and I have been looking for a Blue Ray player. My only complaint is that I hope more kid friendly games are released as I had a hard time picking games other than the Lego and Disney titles.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 8, 2009, 10:53 PM »
Its a win win situation since the kids wanted one and I have been looking for a Blue Ray player. My only complaint is that I hope more kid friendly games are released as I had a hard time picking games other than the Lego and Disney titles.

Little Big Planet is a great one for all ages.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 8, 2009, 11:38 PM »
Well I finally did the upgrade for the kids Christmas and got a PS3

Welcome to the "family" Jim.  I don't have too many PS3 games at this point, but this is not the Wii - which is very much kid freindly.   ;)  I was reluctant, but was happy in the end to kick all my PS2 games to the curb.  This system is awesome!  -  probably not so much for your kids though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #7 on: December 9, 2009, 08:20 AM »
My daughter loves the LEGO games.  She also plays Burnout and LittleBigPlanet.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj