Author Topic: Celebration V Orlando Florida August 12th-15th, 2010  (Read 22741 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Celebration V Orlando Florida August 12th-15th, 2010
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010, 02:14 PM »
Arriving Thursday am  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2010, 04:45 PM »
Now that C-V is upon us... I find myself very reminescent of the last two Celebrations that I attended.  Have fun everyone and take lots of pictures!!

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
Re: Celebration V Exclusives
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2010, 04:30 PM »
I need a LEGO cube dude box set if anyone can spare one.Also need a white Fett minifigure. :)   NEED a 12" FETT
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 09:02 PM by solrac »
He's no good to me open

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2010, 11:47 AM »
The 12" Fett is very popular, sells out fast. I was lucky to get 1 for myself.  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2010, 04:30 PM »
The 12" Fett is very popular, sells out fast. I was lucky to get 1 for myself.  ;D

Yeah, they're running $150+ on evilbay at the moment ::)  Thought about snagging one then thought better of it.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2010, 01:10 PM »

Yeah, they're running $150+ on evilbay at the moment ::)  Thought about snagging one then thought better of it.

I saw them at CV running for $250, crazy!

It's been a week since CV came and went and now that's I've finally wound down from that I wanted to share some thoughts...

* I should have paid attention as to who was all coming to CV, would have been nice to meet some of the JD crew I didn't meet @ C3.

* Thursday for me was the best day for deals at the vendors, scored some great vintage pickups including a mint Boba Fett for $6! Thursday was also the day to catch up with a lot of old friends - Curto, Niubniub, old Listserv and BHC folks - as well as meeting new folks like Jayson, the Hasbro team, and several people at the Yakface/SWAN party. The Yak/SWAN team did a fantastic job for their party, it was a great atmosphere with loads of fun.

* Got to sit front row for the One Man SW Trilogy, that was a great show. The guy running it does a fantastic job of hamming it up and expressing visualizations without props. The control of lines by the con staff for this show was a bit hampered by the humongous line for Mark Hamill. My only complaint for the show was the poor handling of some of the lines, especially the entry line everyday.

* Huge props to the Belgium propmasters for bringing their full scale TIE Interceptor and Millennium Falcon Outrider interior. The details on all of their pieces were fantastic and they deserve all the kudos they were receiving throughout the weekend. The same goes for the Rebel Legion and their Snowspeeder and the crew who put together the Jabba/Cantina scene - I could never get in to the scene the line was always so long!

* The various panels were fantastic - Gus, Chris G, Duncan, and everyone else involved put together intriguing discussions on the various topics. I especially enjoyed the "Filming Locations" panel as I found out lots of details about various sets that I never knew - I always thought the Lars Homestead hut was an actual building in Tunisia, turns out it wasn't. A shame though that so many people were only interested in the cereal boxes and not the content of the panels, it made for some rather rude exits at the end of one of the panels I was in.

* Dave Filoni is AWESOME! If you were there and went to any of his sessions, especially the Saturday Clone Wars session, you understand why I say this. Do NOT hide what is inside! Can't wait for Season 3 to begin, Dathomiri Nightsisters, hell yeah!

* The entire Hasbro team deserves kudos as well, they were very open and willing to discuss whatever topic was on people's mind. Their displays were over the top cool, the Build-A-Droid trading idea was great, and getting to play with the R/C Hailfire Droid was sweet. Also getting to see a few hints at the sculptor's (Dave something or another :P) booth was cool - 2011 Han headsculpt was a big surprise, likely the Bespin Han since Derryl went all "no comment" on it. :) It was also interesting to sit on their panel to get an idea how it is ran, too bad they went too long would have liked to hear questions from the media.

Though by Sunday I was beat and had no desire to walk the halls any further, I wish CV had not ended. It was a great time and a stellar effort put on by everyone involved.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot