Author Topic: Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder  (Read 67677 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: New Snow Speeder (Confirmed Rumor)
« Reply #15 on: December 5, 2009, 09:55 AM »
I'm less excited about this than I thought I would be.  It's nice to havce larger scale, but I already have 3-4 smaller scale that are now obsolete.  Also doesn't look like they did much other than making it larger.  How about bringing back the electronic lights and sounds from the vintage version if you're going to redo it?  I'm sure 5 years from now there will be a larger size, electronic version, so that everyone can buy yet another version.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 5, 2009, 10:57 AM »
Don't you mean smaller?  This appears to be a smaller, more to scale version.  

Whoops, wrong post to edit.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2009, 11:25 AM by Jesse James »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: December 5, 2009, 11:22 AM »
Yeah, this is definitely smaller and more to-scale.  Not larger.  Believe me too, it's more than "slightly" overscale.  It's pretty significant.  The right size should have it not be much larger than the cockpit of a Y-Wing (done to scale, of course).  It's a tiny vehicle by SW standards.

Much like the AT-ST, this was one of the most out of whack vehicles visually to me, that was very doable by Hasbro.  Of course it's no Sith Infiltrator, but that wasn't going to happen "larger" anyway I guess.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2009, 11:26 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: December 5, 2009, 11:53 AM »
I had a bit more time this morning to look at the Snowspeeder's cockpit detailing and it's pretty clear the front seat is very "upright", as is the rear.  The gunner's controls have sticks/grips which will be interesting to see how hard it is to get a figure in there and holding them, haha. 

I can't wait to outfit Rogues with this new speeder though.  I'm real desperate for Snowspeeder Pilots now.  Wedge, Dak, etc.  All figures I really want to see at this point, thanks to this item....  not that I didn't want them before anyway.

It'd be extra great if this had a little clear stand so you could display it hovering.  I'm not counting on that one though.  :-X  Maybe with the Speederbike I've been begging to get shrunk, since they at least seemed sort of receptive to the idea?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 5, 2009, 12:40 PM »
Wonder if this will be an exclusive with one of the pilots included (or even not an exclusive)?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 5, 2009, 01:11 PM »
I'm stocked about the Snowspeeder...

Now let's hope the store shelves are  ;)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 5, 2009, 09:45 PM »
This looks good.   I've got the Wal Mart and Target exclusive snowspeeders released over the past several years, but will certainly get this more accurate tooling.  I like the detailed direction Hasbro is going with the Star Wars items 8)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 7, 2009, 12:14 PM »
I'm stocked about the Snowspeeder, and Droid Gunship. PLus there are pics out there of the new Cloud Car!
I never really liked the Swamp Speeder. I'll prolly get one to have it, but it's not high on my list of vehicles.

I am not feeling that Swampspeeder or Droid Gunship. Something about them screams running out of ships to make, the Swampspeeder seems kind of useless. I will have to see the paint masters of them first before I decide. I would expect these two to show up in an episode this season. If the Droid Gunship is $70 they can kiss my ass because right now it looks like part of an incomplete Star Trek Enterprise model.

OOh, you know, you're right. Yeah, if the Droid Gunship is $70 I'm not buying. Hell, anythign over $50 and I'm likely NOT to purchase. This looks like a $30 ship to me. Without much in the way of complicated joints (like the Octuptarra droid) it's a pretty simple design. And wow, I hadn't looked at it your way Jack, but yeah, it does kinda remind you of something from Trek.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #23 on: December 7, 2009, 03:00 PM »
Yeah, this one will sink or swim dependeing on the paint.  It looks like the black panel to the left of the cockpit is removable, maybe revealing battle damage.

I cant believe that the long guns still don't sit snuggly in place.  I always hated that on the original.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: December 7, 2009, 03:22 PM »
I think the new Snowspeeder's going to do well...  the number of speeder pilots we've gotten is going to help it along some I think, from the collector world.

The vehicle's a VAST improvement over the vintage mold too...  smaller, as it should be (I hated having a speeder as big as a starfighter), proper seating, cockpit details...  Lots of better sculpting details too.  I'm down for probably 3.  I haven't kept a single speeder for eons now, so this is a thing of beauty to me.  I'm hoping that, like the last A-Wing, it comes out like a movie prop more than a toy. :)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 7, 2009, 03:56 PM »
Like I said in the Cloud Car thread, I have not purchased a vehicle in a long time.  I will buy this snowspeeder and the Cloud Car.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: December 7, 2009, 07:33 PM »
I was just thinking of the variant paint aps of Snowspeeders in the movies...  If this is a fairly generic grey with red stripes or grey with dark grey stripes, I'm down for 3 I think.  I need to now peruse some model images to see just how many there are.  I'm sure of 3 (the 3rd being with the exposed innards/removed armor plating), not so sure on more though. 

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 8, 2009, 02:02 AM »
I'm actually also not very excited with this sculpt. I didn't even like the Bespin vehicle either - I dunno why. Both sculpts look somewhat boring to me. :(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 8, 2009, 09:22 AM »
The new snowspeeder should do very well since it hasn't had a general (non exclusive release) in more than 10 years.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #29 on: December 8, 2009, 10:49 AM »
Don't hate me, but I'd like to see Hasbro get creative with this mold down the line.  Different paintjobs to make it a sandspeeder or junglespeeder could add lots of life to the mold.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com