Author Topic: CW Republic Swamp Speeder  (Read 25000 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: CW Republic Swamp Speeder
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2010, 02:01 AM »
For fans of the movies, I guess this was a bigger hit...  for fans of the cartoon and this as part of that line instead, I guess maybe not.

To me, it's an accurately detailed/scaled movie vehicle...  No different than the Cloud Car really.  Maybe some opening panels would've been cool to show electronic gadgetry inside, but beyond that I really felt it's accurate in every way so why gripe, ya know?

The vehicle's dullness is undeniable though...  Then again, so is/was the Cloud Car.  I guess this is maybe the Clone Wars equivalent of a boring vehicle like that.

For me, this just was like getting the AT-ST, Snowspeeder, Cloud Car, Landspeeder, or any other film vehicle they've done and "gotten right".  A speederbike with a sidecar just wouldn't cut it since I was anxious to get what was actually on-screen...  not to say I don't like a Speederbike with a sidecar as a concept.  I think that's pretty neat in its own right.  ;D

The missles fire with a little pressure so they unhinge from the spring.  Basically they push into the hole, a spring inside is compressed, and they "hook" over a lip of plastic.  When you give the missile a push up in the back, the spring releases it.  It's just like the original Hailfire's design and eliminates the need for a button mechanism where one is more noticeable and more difficult to put into the guns without increasing their size.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: CW Republic Swamp Speeder
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2010, 09:03 AM »
Thanks Jesse, I fired them once or twice accidentally, so it figured it must be something stupid like that.

I'll co-sign Greg's comments...this thing is just boring to me. I'm not saying it's not a well done effort, I just think it is completely underwhelming. Even the "distressed" paint apps just seem sloppy to me.

Anyway, it's a good lesson not to buy any more vehicles to open. I'm definitely going to try and return this and get my money back.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy