Author Topic: CW Separatist Droid Gunship  (Read 24687 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
CW Separatist Droid Gunship
« on: December 5, 2009, 03:34 AM »
We've got a much larger, and more detailed gallery of the prototypes posted on our front page...  Feel free to check them out:

Clicky to check it out.

Same with the Swamp Speeder, I figure the Separatist Gunship Proto can reside here for a while...

This item, while neat I'm sure, isn't as high on my wishlist and I'm not counting on a good scale with it.  It looks hyper detailed though, seems to have a couple cool features to it...  I'm sure folks wanting this piece of Sep hardware are going to be ecstatic!
« Last Edit: January 2, 2010, 10:46 AM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Separatist Droid Gunship (Rumor)?
« Reply #1 on: December 5, 2009, 07:29 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks this is going to show up in the TCW line? It is mega cool either way, but this seems like something we are likely to see on the show this season at some point.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 5, 2009, 07:41 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks this is going to show up in the TCW line? It is mega cool either way, but this seems like something we are likely to see on the show this season at some point.

I agree - I think they'll put the Droid Gunship and the Swamp Speeder both in the Clone Wars line.

In the grand scheme of things, since they ship Legacy Vehicles with Clone Wars Vehicles, it really doesn't matter.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: December 6, 2009, 02:56 AM »
Yeah, it's more our board's cleanliness more than anything, but I figure anything realistic looking can chill here for now...  :)  Nobody said I was good at keeping the boards clean either though.  I probably shouldn't even had the power to remove stuff because I tend to goof up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 6, 2009, 01:08 PM »
I'm very excited about this. Hopefully this isn't something that was scrapped. I've liked the saucer design since seeing this ship in the Battlefront games.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 7, 2009, 09:16 AM »
This is another cool one. Nice to see that we'll be getting a bunch of new Mid-sized ships next year.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 7, 2009, 12:20 PM »
Anyone notice the cockpit joint? This IS going to hold a droid pilot!

That's cool. I like the way Hasbro has incorporated a cockpit into just about every CIS ship/vehicle. Octuptarra droid, check. Snail droid, check, now the droid control ship.

I bet it comes with a Animated droid pilot (or regular animated battle droid).

Even if it doesn't come with a figure, I'm getting it, providing it's less than $50 (and hopefully no more than $35-same as the Octupatarra droid.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: December 7, 2009, 07:35 PM »
I think it looks nice...  It's hard to say what exactly this is going to turn up in though.  If it's substantially large enough that I can bite on it being accurately scaled, then I'm down for at least one of them.  This was probably the least interesting of the proto images we saw...  The oddly colored one we posted shows a lot of the detail though, and it's pretty substantial there.  There's a lot to like, plus it's a flying separatist thing...  I guess it appeals to me just because they've gotten the shaft a lot.

I figure if the scale's right I'm down for one at least.  I'm not so sure on the scale is all now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: January 2, 2010, 01:59 AM »
We got a couple more images of this ship, maybe showing a little more detailing, but overall it's pretty much the same.  I really think there's a cockpit on it though, by these photos.

Clicky to check it out!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: CW Separatist Droid Gunship
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 07:42 PM »
There are new leaked photos of what I assume is the finished product of this and Cad Bane's starfighter up now on Yakface, courtesy of Jayson. (Thanks dude!)

They both look awesome, although I'm much more excited for the HMP (Heavy Missile Platform) since it is a new sculpt (to me).

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 04:39 PM »
Both ships look cool!  I'd even get Cade Bane's ship just because I think Hasbro did an excellent job with their P-38 fighter and the new deco looks neat.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: December 6, 2010, 05:17 PM »
In-Stock at HTS

Since I was ordering the Vos Wave from HTS, I grabbed one of these too.  $18.74 (using the HOLIDAY25 discount code) is a nice price... :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 6, 2010, 08:20 PM »
Great...sold out already. I had this in my cart for a week waiting for them to get the Vos wave to push my order over $50 for the free shipping.  ::)

Now that they get the Vos wave back in stock, the Gunship is sold out. Cursed!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 06:30 PM »
Mine came in the mail today.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 08:09 PM »
HTS just slapped a shipping sticker on Hasbro's box for this ship as well as my Plo Koon's Fighter (same order, but 2 different tracking numbers)  I know their site doesn't know how to properly pack things for shipping, but this is just wrong.  I open my vehicles mostly, but I like to at least have the boxes in decent shape.  Oh well....Will find out next Wednesday to see how banged up they are.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN