Author Topic: CW Separatist Droid Gunship  (Read 24689 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: CW Separatist Droid Gunship
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 12:04 AM »
I will be pissed if my Tri-Fighter shows up with just a shipping label on the outer box as I am a MOC collector. Ugh. every other time I have ordered from HTS they have packaged the stuff very protectively. Otherwise I'll just be buying this again when it hits retail...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 10:14 AM »
I will be pissed if my Tri-Fighter shows up with just a shipping label on the outer box as I am a MOC collector. Ugh. every other time I have ordered from HTS they have packaged the stuff very protectively. Otherwise I'll just be buying this again when it hits retail...

I had just the Droid Gunship in a huge box. I also ordered Xanadu Blood and two Undead Geonosians which I thought were in the box, it was that big.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 10:59 AM »
For anyone interested, this is back in stock now at HTS!  ;D

I was majorly bummed about missing this last week, so it is an awesome stroke of luck that they got more before X-Mas. Free shipping still applies, and the SW2010 code is still good as well.

I got mine for $23.61 total, which is cheaper than I'd ever find one at any store, provided this vehicle was actually shipping to brick and mortars, which it is not.

Woot!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 07:55 PM »
For anyone interested, this is back in stock now at HTS!  ;D

Sold out again already!  :D

Pretty sure I got my order in just in time, but I'll still feel better when I get the shipping confirmation.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 12:07 PM »
Gunship just got dropped off at my desk.  Happy to report that I was wrong and it's actually in a shipping box with packing materials and it's in minty shape.   8)

No clue where my other ship is I ordered on the same day, but so far so good.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 02:11 PM »

No clue where my other ship is I ordered on the same day, but so far so good.

I had an order I placed, about $50 worth of "in stock" stuff after using the now expired Holiday2010 and I also got free shipping, where it has now been broken up in to at least 3 seperate shipping containers.  All have been packaged well and were very mint when I received.

My point I am making is HTS must be getting hosed on the now expired deal, because I can't imagine that selling me stuff at 25% off and shipping it 3 times is being very cost effective for them.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 02:37 PM »
Gunship just got dropped off at my desk.  Happy to report that I was wrong and it's actually in a shipping box with packing materials and it's in minty shape.   8)

WHEW! My Tri-Fighter should be arriving today as well so this is a major relief to hear.

I also got shipping confirmation on the HMP Gunship, so my victory is complete.  8)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 02:51 PM »
My Droid Gunship was also sent in a larger shipping box with packing materials but it most definitely did not arrive in minty shape.

One corner of the vehicle box was crushed and, for whatever reason, it had a dime-sized hole poked in the side.  Since I'm an opener and the ship inside was damage free, it wasn't too big an issue.  But if I was a "mint-in-box" guy, I'd have been pretty upset since it was obviously damaged before it was put in the bigger shipping box.   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 01:29 PM »
I had to pick mine up from the Post Office this morning since I was not at home to accept delivery Saturday. It was pretty well packed too, same as the Tri-Fighter, but the box inside was not minty, one corner had some unacceptable wrinkling that will necessitate an echange when this hits retail sometime next year. I'm sure the contents are fine, but I'm more and more attentive to packaging defects nowadays so that's an issue for me.

OR I could simply keep this as an opener.  ;D

It's pretty tempting as this is probably my favorite vehicle behind the Swamp Speeder and Octuptarra Droid.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 1, 2011, 08:21 AM »
For what it's worth, I have seen reports this vehicle is finally starting to show up stateside, at Target I believe. I have not seen any around here but will keep an eye out as I still need a mintier box upgrade.

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 10:22 PM »
Found one at Target the other day.  Can't wait for a chance to peek inside and see how it stacks up!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 10:55 PM »
I've been finding the other vehicles that are in the same case as this vehicle, but not the Droid Gunship itself.  It's just a matter of time before I find it.  I've found the Plo Koon fighter, the Tri-Droid fighter repaint and the Plo Koon JSF.  They're definitely out there.  It just seems to be in high demand for now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 06:30 PM »
Sure enough, I found this yesterday.  And now it's in a pile of starfighter vehicles, waiting to be opened.  Oh, the woes of trying to get a collection room organized!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 07:35 PM »
Sure enough, I found this yesterday.  And now it's in a pile of starfighter vehicles, waiting to be opened.  Oh, the woes of trying to get a collection room organized!

I hear ya, I am moving next week and am facing the same dilemma. Plus I have about 20 trips shuttling swag back and forth to look forward to...yeehaw.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 08:19 PM »
I'm putting new shelves up...  I'm having to take everything off the temp stuff I have up, and it's a mess.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77