Author Topic: CW Separatist Droid Gunship  (Read 24630 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: CW Separatist Droid Gunship
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 11:00 PM »
Sure enough, I found this yesterday.  And now it's in a pile of starfighter vehicles, waiting to be opened.  Oh, the woes of trying to get a collection room organized!

I hear ya, I am moving next week and am facing the same dilemma. Plus I have about 20 trips shuttling swag back and forth to look forward to...yeehaw.

Been there, done that.  When I moved about 2 1/2 years ago I made COUNTLESS trips from where I had my collection in storage over to my new place.  Honestly, if I could do this over again, it would have been much easier if I had put up all the shelving first and THEN moved my collection.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2011, 11:17 AM »
Yeah, I agree - getting your shelves in place first is definitely the way to go if you can go that route.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2011, 01:07 AM »
I saw one one of these at Target today, along with the Xanadu Blood, the Tri Fighter and the return of the V-19 Torrent.

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 1, 2011, 11:04 AM »
got mine today, very nice vehicle, but a shame that it only drops 4 of the bombs instead of all of them.
Also there can fit in a droid in its cockpit? but this is already a droid, so what's that all about?

for the rest, its it a super model to have!
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #34 on: October 1, 2011, 05:40 PM »
Also there can fit in a droid in its cockpit? but this is already a droid, so what's that all about?

It's called "additional play value". Hasbro loves to "improve" vehicles to do more than they were intended to do on screen so kids can use their existing figures to interact with them. They did the same thing for the big Separatist Spider Droid a few years back.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 1, 2011, 10:03 PM »
Maybe it is purely a droid, maybe not...the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid had places for figures to sit inside, confusing some, but it turns out that in a "deleted scene" animatic for the Battle of Kashyyyk, the tanks were going to be manned...by a crew of some 4 battle droids.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: October 2, 2011, 12:40 AM »
I'm wondering if the manned thing was changed though, to the tank being a droid itself.  The animatic didn't have the eyes (though it was rough anyway), and the final droid had the sort of typical red eyes on it... Who knows though.

I'm sticking with "It's a big droid" though, and the AAT's their droid-crewed model.  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 11:39 AM »
So...I bought one of these as part of the TCW 2-packs and opened it over the weekend.

I'm mad now because the "chin gun" does not fit in the socket AT ALL. The ball joint is WAY too small to fit in the socket. It's not broken or deformed or anything either, it's just way undersized.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm not sure I can even return this since it has been opened, but thinking of calling Hasbro customer service for a replacement chin gun.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2012, 11:59 AM »
Not sure they do that sort of thing (exception being the better legs for the AT-TE). More likely to tell you to return it or they'd send you a shipping label and you can return the whole thing to Hasbro and they'll send you something random of equal value.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2012, 04:17 PM »
What scockery said x2.  I'm never trusting of that method.  They do sometimes, but often times they seem to go for the equal/lesser value.  Of course you could wind up with a Naboo fighter! :P

I didn't buy that ship to know if that's a common problem or not.  It was so undersized I couldn't bring myself to pick it up, but it may be just the way they are and they take more force to get the pieces together?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2012, 08:15 PM »
Favorite moment from Christmas morning for me:

After opening his droid gunship...

My son,"Wow! You can only shoot this down with a rocket launcher!"

Now if he only had some Onderon arc figures to go with it.