Author Topic: The Self-Destruction of Tiger Woods  (Read 8367 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
The Self-Destruction of Tiger Woods
« on: December 8, 2009, 04:29 PM »
Anyone care about one of the biggest names is sports imploding before our eyes?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: The Self-Destruction of Tiger Woods
« Reply #1 on: December 8, 2009, 04:40 PM »
Not particularly - he's a cheater and a liar, and now he's lying in the bed he made for himself.

When you betray your wife with that many other women, it's amazing it took this long for the chickens to come home to roost.

It's too bad I always thought he was a normal person.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 8, 2009, 04:46 PM »
I was just chatting with a co-worker about this.  How come half of the women he cheated with look like they belong on a motorcycle magazine, and the other half look like they write for a cat magazine?

My theory is that the first group is true and the second group figure, "well, its not like he can deny it....".

Frankly he was just a golfer to me.  Am I disappointed he didn't honor the vows he took, yes I am.  But I can't say I looked up to him as any kind of roll model, so the only people he has let down is his Wife and family.
I am not the Stig

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 8, 2009, 05:03 PM »
Did something else happen?  I heard there was a 9/11 thing but that it was just his mother-in-law. 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: December 8, 2009, 05:05 PM »
Did something else happen?  I heard there was a 9/11 thing but that it was just his mother-in-law. 

Gatorade as dropped him and advertisers are pulling their prime time ads.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 8, 2009, 05:06 PM »
Not that I know of, I don't know if it was my use of the past tense that is throwing you off Rob...
I am not the Stig

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #6 on: December 8, 2009, 06:51 PM »
I wonder how many of these women he did cheat with and how many are saying he slept with them so they can sell the story.

While I don't condone cheating on your spouse, I do think that it's a shame that his personal life is being put on the front page for everyone to see.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 8, 2009, 07:24 PM »
Gatorade is saying that the decision to cancel that product was made a while back - believe it or don't...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: December 9, 2009, 01:43 AM »
I wonder how many of these women he did cheat with and how many are saying he slept with them so they can sell the story.

While I don't condone cheating on your spouse, I do think that it's a shame that his personal life is being put on the front page for everyone to see.

Eh, he sort of earned this considering his place in life...  He tried to remain very private but clearly he has self-control issues, and so he's getting what he deserved I think.  I mean, you gotta either control yourself, be fair and divorce your wife, or accept that you're a famous figure with international endorsement deals, and so you're just going to have to eat the public shaming at this point.  The evidence against him's staggering too it seems.

I was listening to Stern and they have a guy on from the Enquirer weekly on Thursdays to play a "gossip game" thing.  He doesn't seem like a jerkoff or anything to me really, other than his job I guess. :P  They talked about Woods and all this stuff obviously and the NE guy said that from what he's hearing, almost all the ones coming out of the woodwork are coming with legitimate proof like saved text's, saved voicemails, emails, and so on.  He said there's some nudnicks but there's many with proof that gossip rags are paying through the nose for. 

When you're Tiger Woods, I don't even know why you're getting married...  you have to know yourself well enough to know one hot blonde model wife isn't going to be enough.

"A man's only as faithful as his options!" - Chris Rock
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 03:39 PM »
I was just chatting with a co-worker about this.  How come half of the women he cheated with look like they belong on a motorcycle magazine, and the other half look like they write for a cat magazine?

My theory is that the first group is true and the second group figure, "well, its not like he can deny it....".

Here we Go!!!
I am not the Stig

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 10:29 PM »
Wow - she's not nearly as attractive as some of his other lady friends.   :-X
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 07:12 PM »
I watched some of his statement this morning.  Some of it seemed contrite.  But equally some of it seemed very crafted and calculated.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 02:15 AM »
For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone gives a ****.

Why would anyone in their right mind want every detail of the marital problems of someone they don't know?

This crap is none of our business.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 02:30 AM »
For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone gives a ****.

Why would anyone in their right mind want every detail of the marital problems of someone they don't know?

This crap is none of our business.

Amen...

This somehow dominated the local sports talk show last night and I was sort of pissed because I was hoping for some Olympic Hockey discussion instead since the Pens have a lot of players involved this year, and since it's about the only interesting thing sports-wise going on right now (for me anyway).

Somehow this thing became a heated debate between the two guys on...  one wanting to see a humble and apologetic Woods, the other saying he owes nothing to anyone but his wife/family and perhaps his sponsors.

I just kept wanting to call in and tell them to actually talk about Crosby winning the game in a heated shoot-out or how well some of our guys are pairing with the other NHL'ers they're playing with, or Ryan Malone getting a goal since he's from the area.

Like I said before with the quote I made...  "A man is only as faithful as his options".  Anyone surprised by what went on should consider themselves mildly retarded, and anyone angered by it to where the world was somehow "owed" an apology should probably consider themselves completely so.  I just know I want at least a little Olympic hockey coverage locally over this crap.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 08:58 AM »
"A man is only as faithful as his options". 

Some of us hold ourselves to a higher moral standard.  Thank God.

Life would be pretty ****** if your statement was always true.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda