Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II !  (Read 25877 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II !
« Reply #45 on: August 8, 2011, 01:29 PM »
Found time to finish the light side version of the game yesterday.  Ya it was short - and I don't quite remember Starkiller having that big of a boner for Juno in the first game, but it was still a decent game....seems that's really all he cared about in this game mostly - didn't really seem like he cared if he was a clone or not IMO.

End of the game felt like Super Mario Bros.  Lost count of all the platform jumping on Kamino.  They really need a better voice actor for Vader on the next one.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 8, 2011, 03:50 PM »
End of the game felt like Super Mario Bros.  Lost count of all the platform jumping on Kamino.  They really need a better voice actor for Vader on the next one.

What? Chad Vader isn't good enough for you? Seriously, unless they changed things up, after hearing the Vader voice in the Chad Vader videos online, Lucas hired that guy to voice Vader in stuff like the Video games. I know for a fact that he was Vader in the first game, it didn't sound to me like they replaced him for the sequel.

I think he does a pretty good job.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 8, 2011, 04:11 PM »
Ya sounded like the same dude from the first game and I just don't care for his impressions.  "I will always haunt you as long as Juno is alive" or whatever his last words were.  Just leave him a mute and I'll be okay.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2011, 12:10 AM »
Considering this Starkiller is actually a clone, don't you think it sucks for the "real" Starkiller that a clone got his girlfriend? He probably turns up as a Force Ghost to haunt clone Starkiller for the rest of his life.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2011, 07:37 AM »
Considering this Starkiller is actually a clone, don't you think it sucks for the "real" Starkiller that a clone got his girlfriend? He probably turns up as a Force Ghost to haunt clone Starkiller for the rest of his life.

Well - from the Dark Empire series, we learned that Palpatine had been transferring his consciousness from Clone Body to Clone Body.

When playing the game, if the main character did indeed end up being a clone, then I always thought it was possible that the consciousness of Starkiller from the first game had transferred itself to the clone you were playing as.

However, taking the Light Side ending of TFU2 as "canon", since we never really see a "perfect" clone of Starkiller, it's still entirely possible that you weren't a clone at all, they never really answered that question 100%. Vader tells you that you are a clone, but his last taunt aboard the Rogue Shadow isn't about trying to make you think you're a clone anymore, it's that he'll always have power over you as long as Juno lives.

Did the novel (or comic, if there was one) ever definitively answer the question of whether or not you're a clone in the second game?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 01:28 AM »
Did the novel (or comic, if there was one) ever definitively answer the question of whether or not you're a clone in the second game?

No, it didn't. If anything the comic book went off on a tangent - Boba (keep in mind the comic is from his POV) finds out that the mad scientist who is creating clones of Starkiller is also creating clones of Boba. So, clones of a clone, if that makes any sense.

I think the people who wrote the comic gave up on trying to figure out whether Starkiller was a clone or not, too. ::)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2011, 11:34 AM »
Finally played through the 99 cent Endor level...not sure why I had to pay for that, but wanted to check it out.  Felt kinda wrong killing Chewie/Han/Leia for some reason just like killing Luke and Obi-Wan in the first game.  Does Lucas approve this stuff?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2011, 03:52 PM »
Finally played through the 99 cent Endor level...not sure why I had to pay for that, but wanted to check it out.  Felt kinda wrong killing Chewie/Han/Leia for some reason just like killing Luke and Obi-Wan in the first game.  Does Lucas approve this stuff?

I'm not sure - I think the DLCs are more "Infinities" type material, so while neat, they don't really matter on the grand scheme of things because they have absolutely no affect on the Star Wars universe, they're more like "what if" scenarios.

I doubt Lucas had much to do with approving any of those Infinities comic versions of the OT either.
Peter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2011, 04:47 PM »
LFL approves EVERYTHING they put out...  GL has little hand in anything, and it's all just cash grabbing.  That's why, to me, EU will always be a thing you just pick and choose what you like...  It's just BS.  I doubt he's even as involved as people claim.  I think they like to say that so it seems more "important" to the fans and they then jump on it more...  To me, there's so much inconsistancy, stupidity, and trampling going on outside of the films, that it's just not worth trying to differentiate it anymore.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 1, 2011, 12:14 PM »
Before the first Force Unleashed game came out, I remember seeing a documentary or quick clip where they showed George involved in the approval process for the concept of the game and how he was looking over designs and approving/rejecting stuff just like he did with the PT.

I think for something things they do get him to give a cursory "ok" just so they can say "George Lucas had a hand in the development of this project" and like Jesse said, so that fans might jump on it a bit more.

I think in the beginning of the EU, he was a lot more involved - with stuff like the Thrawn trilogy and Shadows of the Empire, I'd like to believe that he was pretty heavily involved - especially since SotE is considered part of the canon.

When it comes to TFU and TFU2, I think they wanted it to seem like it was a multi-media event just like SotE since it bridged part of the gap between EP3 and EP4.

When it comes to other EU stuff like the NJO, that stuff I don't even bother with since he could easily trash all of it by coming out with another trilogy set 20 years after ROTJ that contradicts everything released in the EU post-ROTJ, probably only honoring the Thrawn trilogy stuff.
Peter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: September 1, 2011, 02:09 PM »
I'm to the point I'd totally believe if that turned out to be a publicity thing though too.  I just picture Lucas rolling around naked in piles of cash and not really giving as much of a **** about SW as they claim.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 6, 2011, 10:41 PM »
So I finally got to the end of the game for the Wii, and WTF am I supposed to do with Darth Vader? How do you beat that guy?

I have looked around online but can't find any good walkthroughs for the Wii version. Everything is all "platform-jumping" and that gets you nowhere on the Wii version cause there's only one platform and if you jump off you just die everytime.

Tips?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: September 6, 2011, 10:53 PM »
I think you throw the Wiimote into the TV.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 8, 2011, 11:16 AM »
I'm good, finally beat that bastage last night.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 8, 2011, 11:19 AM »
I think you throw the Wiimote into the TV.