Author Topic: Attack of the Clones "Review"  (Read 5277 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Attack of the Clones "Review"
« on: April 7, 2010, 10:51 PM »
Yup, a lot of very human-ish aliens, humans, and not a ton more...  Lucas definitely missed turning the Outlander Club into something better than it was.  I'm kind of glad his budget wasn't there for STar Wars because it seems to me that with a budget he didn't do anything nearly as cool.

Exactly.

You should watch this video, especially at the 6 minute mark with Yoda, hilarious. This is one of the funniest SW analysis video I have ever seen solely focused on EP2. (WARNING - It may ruin EP2 for you forever.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq0wv2ossJU&feature=player_embedded#
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 05:36 PM by Jeff »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Defender Wishlists 2010 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 9, 2010, 07:03 PM »
Yeah, this is the most damning critique of the PT I have ever seen.  All three of the films - if you didn't think so already - will look just absolutely ridiculous.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #2 on: April 9, 2010, 10:11 PM »
Yeah, this is the most damning critique of the PT I have ever seen.  All three of the films - if you didn't think so already - will look just absolutely ridiculous.

No doubt. I almost regret sharing but it truly is the most damning that it should be watched. I think I really will never look at EP2 the same ever again. At least I can honestly say I laughed my ass off during this (including the Star Trek Ones). The guys low tone voice and Yoda's face while Lucas babbled on put tears in my eyes. His assessment of how Lucas did not even know his own universe rung too true as he referred to Geonosians as Flying Termites.

I did not watch the EP3 one yet but the EP1 critique where he has actual real unedited footage of George questioning himself on how much he stuffed in at the end of the TPM was almost unbearable to watch because deep down you know it's true. The look of frustration and disappointment in his face/voice as he realized how he could not take too much out at that point. It was really an eye opener, not only to those who watched, but to Ben & Rick. They also look horrified and drained when George started to talk himself into it. It was the moment they all realized EP1 was a train wreck.

To get back on topic I really want a flanneled Lucas figure after seeing that review.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2010, 10:14 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: April 9, 2010, 10:30 PM »
Rick and Ben are just as or even more to blame than Lucas.  Their JOBS were to produce and edit ie say no.  Think they ever once did?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: April 9, 2010, 10:47 PM »
If they did, it wasn't at any junction that could have rescued what was happening.  Their own reverence for Lucas and his own baby - and you'd be hard pressed to tell 'God' what he was doing wrong with his world - compromised the films.  That's not to put it all on them.  Frank Darabont has said that Lucas askd him if he wanted to write TPM, and he turned it down; I read somewhere he may have talked to Ron Howard about directing and he turned it down.  Both of them thought the same thing McCallum did - Lucas knew best.  They all own this as much as Lucas does in my view.  Lucas is a terrible writer.  A gifted man with a titanic imagination, but a terrible writer.  And the insulation and self mythology that apparently followed the OT only magnified, it seems, the degree to which he looked past his faults.

I regret the PT.  I love SW and I love all the joy and fun Lucas has given me.  I wish we had gotten better films, but when life gives you lemons...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Attack of the Clones
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 05:35 PM »
I'm sorry, but I don't get it.

I love the entire Star Wars saga and I've got so much going on in my life to even put together a 2 minute review of the entire Saga let alone an almost 90 minute review of a movie that came out eight years ago.

If you don't like the movie so damn much:
1) don't watch it again
2) forget you even saw it
3) go on living your life

Don't spend countless hours putting together a 90 minute review on YouTube.

I thought "The Happening", "Push", "Jumper" and "Knowing" were all P.O.S. movies, that didn't spur me on to create YouTube videos on how awful those movies were. I just tried to forget the fact that I wasted $$$ to see them.

Oh - and I fall into the group of fans who grew up on the OT. So this isn't a case of someone who's under 20 coming to the defense of the PT. Could the PT have been better? Hell yes. Am I the person to tell Lucas what he did wrong? Nope, none of us are. The only way we can do that is by "voting with our dollars" - don't spend another penny on Star Wars-related media, merchandise, etc... if you don't like the direction the saga took with the release of the PT.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!