Author Topic: Clone Wars General Battle Pack Thread  (Read 62709 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars General Battle Pack Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 2, 2011, 03:26 PM »
Thanks for the pics.  Do we know the assortment number/price will be the same for these?  I'm okay with the move to 3 figures if the price drops to around $20.  Given that the figs are now $7-8, that pricing seems pretty fair.  If they want us to pay a premium for 3pk figures though, then I'll either wait for a sale or skip them.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 2, 2011, 03:32 PM »
Wow...They're really pimpin those battlecards now, but in place of a 4th figure?  I stopped buying BP's when they dropped the 5th figure and raised the price to $25.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 2, 2011, 03:34 PM »
This is one of those "up yours" moves from Hasbro I like. Now I will have no problem passing on BPs as opposed to buying them just because I don't have a clone painted like that.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #78 on: May 2, 2011, 04:08 PM »
I cannot blame Hasbro nor can I be mad at them. Prices are skyrocketing on everything, manufacturing is really getting clobbered with oil/gas, it affects the entire A-Z process. Hasbro is trying to hold the line on pricing while their internal costs are going up. I am seeing this first hand at my company. Retailers are already balking at prices raises so they are trying to adapt. If they lose money on their products then they will stop making them. If retailers won't accept the price increase they will not carry them. It's a double edged sword, believe it or not Hasbro does not go out of their way to screw you. They are trying to deliver a quality product that people want and make money. Right now no company is avoiding this crunch. It sucks for everyone.

The worst part of this we are only seeing the beginning of inflation. It's going to get worse before it gets better, like food and gas this is visual proof of the times.

Coming soon in the summer of 12' - "Battle Pairs"
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 2, 2011, 06:19 PM »
are we certain these 3 packs are not yet to be seen exclusives?  Rebelscum now has all of the new photos up for display, and looking at them all together I am just wonderin cuz I see a few things missing.  Neither of the TRU exclusive deluxe sets have TRU stickers on them.  And while I am not certain, I thought the AT-RT Walker with ARF Trooper and BARC Speeder Bike with Clone Trooper Buzz were Walmart exclusives - and if I am right they are missing their exclusive store stickers too.

Maybe these 3 packs are exclusives and just missing the stickers?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 2, 2011, 07:29 PM »
As I told a friend in a text earlier this afternoon (yes, I'm *that* big a nerd that I text friends about toys), can they really call a pack with 3 figures in it a "Battle Pack?"  Isn't that more of a "Slight Disagreement Pack" or a "Misunderstanding Pack?" 

I also love the fact that, apparently looking to save money on the packs, Hasbro chooses to drop yet another figure but keeps the trading card game.  Nice.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 2, 2011, 07:42 PM »
I also love the fact that, apparently looking to save money on the packs, Hasbro chooses to drop yet another figure but keeps the trading card game.  Nice.

If they wanted to save money, slap them on the card, and ditch the box format, which in now 2/5th's empty space, but I suppose the box is part of the lure for the average consumer.

Ugh...some of those packs would be good if there was another figure. I hope they are exclusives, because $25 for 3 figure defeats the intent of the battle packs, which was a gift set or a value (well, in the early years). Might as well buy Li'l Timmy 3 figures of your choosing instead.

Exclusives or not, what happened to Hasbro's alleged "all new or all repacks" when it came to Battle Packs? Who wants to get hosed because they just want that Cad Bane or that clone with Rex and Grievous?

Quote from: JACKOFTRADZE
Coming soon in the summer of 12' - "Battle Pairs"

Wal-Mart and Target have those already, they just need to ROLL-UP prices on them. :P

« Last Edit: May 2, 2011, 07:42 PM by scockery »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 2, 2011, 07:56 PM »
are we certain these 3 packs are not yet to be seen exclusives?  Rebelscum now has all of the new photos up for display, and looking at them all together I am just wonderin cuz I see a few things missing.  Neither of the TRU exclusive deluxe sets have TRU stickers on them.  And while I am not certain, I thought the AT-RT Walker with ARF Trooper and BARC Speeder Bike with Clone Trooper Buzz were Walmart exclusives - and if I am right they are missing their exclusive store stickers too.

Maybe these 3 packs are exclusives and just missing the stickers?

Good point on the exclusive thing... that's a very plausible idea. I'm betting that fewer figures will lead to a lower price. The Blu-Ray 4-packs are taking the BP price point ($25) so I can't imagine Hasbro having 3-packs and 4-packs competing with each other at the same price.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #83 on: May 2, 2011, 08:26 PM »
All these sets have something to offer, but if it's at $25 or more, I don't know.  It's a shame.  Good to see some new stuff though, especially the Kamino set - was really hoping we'd see those figures.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 3, 2011, 12:11 AM »
Geez, I fly down to Atlanta for business for a couple of days, and look what happens! A slew of new images to set me salivating, especially that Cad Bane in Clone Disguise pic I have been waiting on forever. HELL YES!

The assault on Geonosis BP comes in as a close second though, they are really giving us a good variety of drones now. I love that.

I hope they cut the price on these too, but frankly I'm more irked by the constantly changing box dimensions. It really makes it a pain to store all those oddsize boxes in any sort of consistent manner.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: May 3, 2011, 12:33 AM »
Battlepacks, unless they're getting an unannounced price-drop, are officially off my "buy" list at all.  Unless they're on sale, which even then...  3 figures for $25, and most usually re-used parts or complete re-packs? 

All I gotta say is that I'm really glad that the realistic line isn't getting BP's I guess, just multi-packs as exclusives, and rarely.

I'm officially writing BP's off though now.  No more for me unless I get them cheap.

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #86 on: May 3, 2011, 12:36 AM »
I was breaking down these packs earlier and, to me, it looks like the only figure of the four sets that is straight repack is Space Suit Anakin. The rest are repaints or include new accessories/parts.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2011, 12:38 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #87 on: May 3, 2011, 12:46 PM »
I agree with above...put them on a card.  One of the reasons I stopped buying these sets is the insane amount of trash.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 3, 2011, 02:03 PM »
Ugh - battlepacks are now no longer a value - they are going to have to have something new in each one moving forward to justify the cost. Stinks that figures like Cad Bane in disguise are now pushed into the battlepacks instead of just simply put on a cardback.

I think it will only be a matter of time before they cancel the Battlepack SKU.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2011, 09:50 AM »
These are also up for preorder at BBTS including a couple of new ones (Zillo Beast and Droids)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=2341&category=6586