Author Topic: Clone Wars General Battle Pack Thread  (Read 62454 times)

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
Re: Clone Wars General Battle Pack Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2011, 02:03 PM »
These are also up for preorder at BBTS including a couple of new ones (Zillo Beast and Droids)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=2341&category=6586

What are the Zillo Beast and Droids bps?
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2011, 04:20 PM »
Would guess the Capture the Droids BP is from that episode where Cad Bane kidnaps them. Likely all repacks, 3po, r2 and Cad Bane w/Todo.

Not sure who they would stick in the Zillo BP, other than Goji. Maybe Anakin or Obi-Wan, although it would be a great opportunity to give us that Chancellor Palpatine so many of us crave. Really though, they just need to give us the damn Zillo beast!

At this rate there's not going to be much left to reveal at SDCC...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2011, 09:09 AM »
Good call on the droids bp. It will give people who missed 3PO the first time a chance to pick him up, but I don't look for anything new there. The Zillo beast pack has a ton of opportunities. I would certainly drop the cash if it included palps. More likely it will have a new Cole repaint, maybe Trapper or Hawkeye. I can't remember who went down into the pit with Ponds. In any case it has potential.
     Now an ultimate battle pack with the Zillo along with a couple of new or repainted figures would have me lined up at the doors.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2011, 09:15 PM »
New pics of Echo & Fives On Kamino surfaced...  Check out the front page for them.

Love the decoes on these guys.  Very cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2011, 05:18 PM »
Stop the Zillo Beast and Capture the Droids pack pictures are out there. Nothing new. Zillo has Mace Windu, Yoda and a plain white Clone trooper, the other set has R2-D2, C-3PO and the recent Cade Bane with Todo (at least they used the recent Bane and kept Todo).

THere's a good idea for a Q&A question..."With the inclusion of 4 figures in the 'Capture the Droids' Battle Pack,' can we expect future battle packs to include 4 figures?"  :P
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:53 PM by scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2011, 06:06 PM »
You know, it looks to me like they did not reduce the packaging on this line despite shrinking it by one figure. That's an obscene waste of space for a couple of battlecards and figure stands.

Way to stick it to the environment, Hasbro!

These 2 new BP's seem like a real disappointment, but not surprising.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2011, 08:04 AM »
Thank God these are all repeats.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Thank God these are all repeats.

I have no problems with the BPs when they are either all repacks (like these sets) or all repaints/new figures. I'll skip the Zillo and Droids set, but I'll most likely purchase one of each of the Wave 1 packs.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2011, 09:49 AM »
Arrgh hasbro, just when I had convinced myself not to buy that whole set for the bane figure they up the ante by adding the arm panel...I am guessing I will have a while to decide though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2011, 01:58 PM »
Arrgh hasbro, just when I had convinced myself not to buy that whole set for the bane figure they up the ante by adding the arm panel...I am guessing I will have a while to decide though.

Yeah, that was an unexpected but really cool feature they added with the breakaway armor and wound. I wonder if this was partly the reason for the delay/fail on the single carded version originally intended.

You might be able to score a loose one off eBay for less than the price of the whole pack.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2011, 08:30 AM »
So several reports are popping up around the 'net of the new wave of BP's being spotted at Target for $19.99. The reports are somewhat light on details though, so it's uncertain which BP's are being found, whether it is the set of 4 or full set of 6. (The extra 2 being those crappy repacks, Zillo Beast and Droid Capture)

People also neglect to mention whether these BP's are being found AFTER Target has done their reset, BEFORE the reset, or in the midst of the reset. The whole reset thing seems to be the key to them putting the new toys out.

I stopped in a Target yesterday that was just starting their reset and they said it would take days to finish.  :(

If anyone spots these out and about, hopefully you can pass along the new DPCI. Thanks!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2011, 09:34 AM »
I got word from one source that Target is resetting on July 31st.  But that could just be Target stores in the northeast.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2011, 07:25 PM »
I've learned that "reset dates" at Target are only loosely adhered to generally, unless there's something huge to reset for, like ROTS.

They've usually got a bit of a time-frame rather than one specific day.  Some even take a week or more longer.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2011, 10:06 AM »
If anyone spots these out and about, hopefully you can pass along the new DPCI. Thanks!

Didn't have a chance to post last night, but I picked up two of the new Clone Wars Battle Packs yesterday - Cad Bane's Escape and Assault on Geonosis.  They were just crammed into existing aisle set-up, no reset yet.  No sign of any of the other four new ones though (Hunt for Grievous, Zillo Beast, Kamino Attack, Droid Capture). 

I can confirm the good news that the new 3-figure style BPs are just $20 each.  Don't have my reciept on me, but I can post the DPCI when I get home tonight...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2011, 10:13 AM »
This is definitely some positive news.  With the content of the battle packs getting scaled back, along with the economic pressures that are facing consumers in general, the lower price point is certainly welcome.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback