Author Topic: Clone Wars General Battle Pack Thread  (Read 62465 times)

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars General Battle Pack Thread
« Reply #135 on: August 5, 2011, 06:10 PM »
Three new figures for around six and change a piece is no different than buying most of a wave when it hits. With two differences. One you can actually find the battle packs on the shelf, and two it works out to be a bit cheaper. With the price point at 25 that changes. I don't think I could have pulled the trigger on Bane for 25. I think this is an example of Hasbro trying to make the best of both worlds for its customers. Hero characters ,slightly altered, with rare figures that would probably not sell as well individually carded. Hasbro is pushing it on the value here. Hopefully they will get the message if there are 100 zillo packs still out there and defend Kaminos are much harder to find.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 5, 2011, 08:40 PM »
I think $20 is the magic price point for me. At $25 I would have only gotten the Kamino set... as it is now I've gotten all but the Cad Bane set. The only reason why I passed on that is to leave something to get later.

Regarding the packaging, the only thing I really can't stand is the big display area dedicated to the cards and stands. It's funny how the BPs now have the cards in the spotlight while the figures will soon have them hidden in the back of the package.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #137 on: August 6, 2011, 03:48 PM »
I like the new format.  The price helps a lot too.  It's a good way for them to hit some spots in the CW line without breaking their back on tooling.  I wouldn't mind seeing some new figures sprinkled in here eventually.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 6, 2011, 06:22 PM »
... the only straight repack figure seems to be the space suit Anakin, but supposedly that figure is different from the original.

It is a bit different. I compared the battle pack and single carded Space Anakin at Target today.

1. Battle Pack Anakin has noticably lighter blue eyes.
2. Different colored shoulder armor, battle pack has dark gray, single pack has a "gun metal" metallic finish.
3. Space helmet rim is a same color as Battle Pack Space Ahsoka, single carded helmet rim is white.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 6, 2011, 09:32 PM »
Has anyone else noticed a shortage of any particular new battlepack?  I've seen these in a few stores now and all have had 3 of the 4 new sets - no sign of the one with three clones.  I would have thought the Bane one would be the most popular, but for some reason this is the one that is selling around me.  Anyone else finding the same thing?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 6, 2011, 11:28 PM »
I think in the various case ratios, the Defense of Kamino (the one with the three clones) is always only packed 1-per case. The Cad Bane escape pack is in the case twice, along with two Geonosis Assault sets, so if you're seeing more of those, that might be why.

Just going on the assortments Jeff posted earlier...

Wave 1 box:
- 2x Geonosis Assault, 2x Cad Bane Escape, 1x Defend Kamino, 1x Grievous Hunt,
Wave 2 box:
- 1x Geonosis Assault, 1x Cad Bane Escape, 1x Defend Kamino, 1x Grievous Hunt, 1x Zillo Beast, 1x Droid Capture
Wave 2, Rev 1 box:
- 1x Geonosis Assault, 1x Cad Bane Escape, 1x Defend Kamino, 2x Grievous Hunt, 1x Zillo Beast

If your stores are getting mostly Wave 1 boxes, the two I mentioned will probably be more plentiful.

« Last Edit: August 6, 2011, 11:30 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 7, 2011, 12:08 PM »
I would like to know if anyone is seeing the Wave 2 assortment shipping at all. I know Jeff mentioned spotting it, but outside of that I haven't seen any other reports on other sites, even RS.

I don't know why the revision case would be hitting before the wave itself, but it sure seems to be that way. I've seen a few Zillo Beast sets now, always part of a batch of 6 though, so I know I did not miss anything.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #142 on: August 7, 2011, 12:13 PM »
Right now I am only seeing Wave 2 Rev. 1.  I have yet to see the Kamino one, which is what I expected. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 7, 2011, 12:45 PM »
I think in the various case ratios, the Defense of Kamino (the one with the three clones) is always only packed 1-per case. The Cad Bane escape pack is in the case twice, along with two Geonosis Assault sets, so if you're seeing more of those, that might be why.

Just going on the assortments Jeff posted earlier...

Wave 1 box:
- 2x Geonosis Assault, 2x Cad Bane Escape, 1x Defend Kamino, 1x Grievous Hunt,
Wave 2 box:
- 1x Geonosis Assault, 1x Cad Bane Escape, 1x Defend Kamino, 1x Grievous Hunt, 1x Zillo Beast, 1x Droid Capture
Wave 2, Rev 1 box:
- 1x Geonosis Assault, 1x Cad Bane Escape, 1x Defend Kamino, 2x Grievous Hunt, 1x Zillo Beast

If your stores are getting mostly Wave 1 boxes, the two I mentioned will probably be more plentiful.

That makes sense - thanks for the assist!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 7, 2011, 03:10 PM »
I would like to know if anyone is seeing the Wave 2 assortment shipping at all. I know Jeff mentioned spotting it, but outside of that I haven't seen any other reports on other sites, even RS.

I don't know why the revision case would be hitting before the wave itself, but it sure seems to be that way. I've seen a few Zillo Beast sets now, always part of a batch of 6 though, so I know I did not miss anything.

I'm seeing the same thing - the Wave 2 Rev 1 case instead of the straight up Wave 2 case. Odd.

I wonder if when WalMart finally gets their act together with the battlepacks we discover that the lion's share of the Wave 2 cases went to them...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 7, 2011, 03:58 PM »
I think the short-packed nature of the Kamino set is a factor in its rarity, but it's also a set with three clones. I think that's a HUGE deal. So far with the TCW line the only clones to stick around are the ones that are over-shipped, like the ARF, Rex, and Cody, but even they seem to disappear eventually. Whoever decided to double up the Cad Bane set and short-pack Defend Kamino needs a good smack.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 7, 2011, 05:06 PM »
I scored DEFENSE OF KAMINO this morning.  It does appear to be shortpacked in comparison to everything else in that case.  The clones and ARC Commander are actually pretty cool.  As for the rest of the current assortment?  Meh.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 7, 2011, 07:49 PM »
I think the short-packed nature of the Kamino set is a factor in its rarity, but it's also a set with three clones. I think that's a HUGE deal. So far with the TCW line the only clones to stick around are the ones that are over-shipped, like the ARF, Rex, and Cody, but even they seem to disappear eventually. Whoever decided to double up the Cad Bane set and short-pack Defend Kamino needs a good smack.

The Bane set seems to be selling just as well near me.  Where they went wrong is doubling up on the Geo set.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #148 on: August 8, 2011, 10:11 AM »
I picked up the Kamino, Grievous and Cad Bane sets.  I will get a Droids set as my kids destroyed their C-3PO

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: August 8, 2011, 08:18 PM »
I'd really actually like a Bane set, just for Bane, but can't pull the trigger.  The price is nice though, since they scaled it back.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77