Author Topic: TRU Deluxe Speeder Bike w/Scout Trooper  (Read 11098 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
TRU Deluxe Speeder Bike w/Scout Trooper
« on: December 29, 2009, 12:30 PM »
TRU Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper

I'm so hoping that's the last time they're releasing that old bike.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:13 PM by Jeff »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Legacy Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 12:40 PM »
One can dream...
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 12:53 PM »
Glad to see something OT included in that line (although it is an exclusive), but yeah, I was really starting to hope we'd be seeing an all-new speeder bike at some point (maybe with the flying stand we've discussed here before).  I thought Hasbro even hinted at it waaaay back in a Q and A, but I might be imagining that.  Anyways, like I said, nice to see some movie stuff sneak into the line as well.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 12:57 PM »
Me too, but I'm not liking the math here.

2008: 2 figures and 2 speeder bikes = approx. $20-$24
2010: 1 figure and 1 speeder bike = approx. $15-$17 +/- $?.?? for being an exclusive
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 12:58 PM by Jayson »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 01:03 PM »
Wow - awesome! I wonder how that picture got leaked. Is this something they're going to hold back until the Fall re-boot though, or is it likely to hit shelves this Spring?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 03:09 PM »
This probalby means they will release a new verison in 2011.  I can totally see them doing that. 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 03:17 PM »
I really do not understand why they do not use the 2003/2004 CW Speeder Bike tool. At least use the correct handle bars from it. I only have 4 Speeder Bike left 2 form the Target UBP and 2 from the Hoth pack. I sold the rest in hopw that they would update the OTC one.

Here's hoping 2011 see a new one and this 80's tool can be put to rest once and for all.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 03:45 PM »
We've also got the picture of the Scout w/Speeder Bike as well as a STAP w/Battledroid deluxe set.  Both TRU exclusives.

Meh, pretty dull looking items I guess.  The STAP's a little more interesting than the Speederbike only because it's a substantially more accurate toy, plus I think it makes a nice army builder, but the Speederbike blows.

Prices on deluxe are sickening too, so I can't imagine these being a fair price.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 04:01 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 03:50 PM »
I like the STAP much better that's for sure. Too bad any kind of army building on these will be cost prohibitive.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 04:00 PM »
Yeah that's the killer for me.  I'd like more STAP's in the CW deco but not at the prices they'll want.  Even the battlepack set wasn't worth the cost at the time.  I'll settle for cheap Episode 1 versions when I find them here and there instead.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 04:10 PM »
I might pick up a STAP because the only STAP I own is the Episode 1 preview version. I guess it depends on the deco, as the new one looks darker. Speeder Bike, I'll pass on that one for sure. No need for another one of those until we get a new sculpt. Sadly I feel this is going to be one of those items Hasbro says we HAVE to buy if we want a new one.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 04:19 PM »
This is (the bike that is) most likely a production item by the way, so what's the deal with the deco on it?  It looks like the Hoth bike.

I'll be glad when they finally retire that damn sculpt.  It's way too big, and I hate the handlebars and other poor details.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 04:37 PM »
Sadly I feel this is going to be one of those items Hasbro says we HAVE to buy if we want a new one.

I would hope not - especially since it's the same old mold we've seen over and over again.  Hasn't Hasbro been saying for years that a new one is in the works?  I would think this bloated price point would be the perfect time if any to see that new mold.  Sigh...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 04:48 PM »
This is (the bike that is) most likely a production item by the way, so what's the deal with the deco on it?  It looks like the Hoth bike.

I'll be glad when they finally retire that damn sculpt.  It's way too big, and I hate the handlebars and other poor details.

Hopefully it's a mockup or something. I'm thinking that if the white/gray deco is final, it's supposed to be a throwback to the vintage toy.

As you and others have said, this sculpt blows. Hopefully this is the last release... four times in three years is too much when there is a better sculpt available.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 10:17 PM »
I have a question for anyone with insider info at Hasbro.

It was my understanding years ago that the Star Wars team that works on all the original, wide release product was separate from the team that worked on exclusives and, at the time, the 12" line (possibly other stuff).

Basically, the main SW team planned out the line, developed the new figures and vehicles, priced it all out and implemented it.  And I would guess, offer up the exclusives.  But it was this second team that took the exclusives and was in charge of designing them.  Since, at the time, exclusives were nearly 100% re-pack and/or re-painted versions of existing stock, it made sense.  They just dusted off the molds, produced the toys and shipped them with no design or planning really necessary.

Since, over the last couple of years, we've gotten to the point where exclusives may sometimes be new product, I've wondered if this two team setup wasn't in place anymore and it was one set of guys that did the whole thing.

However, whether it's two teams or one, from what Hasbro has hinted at in previous Q&A sessions, it always sounded to me like different factories had different molds at their disposal.  So is it possible that when exclusives like this get made, Hasbro just orders up whatever version of the character happens to be at the factory they use for the exclusive products?  So if this vintage Speederbike mold, for example, is the one at the plant with the Biker Scout they want, that's what we get?  And could it also be that the factory that handles the exclusives gets handed down older molds where another factory that's doing more of the current stuff has the new molds?

I'm just guessing on a lot of this based on info that I've read about from various sources over the years, but would love to know if there's some logical reason for some of these decisions or if it's a coin flip on the factory end or what.  I'm sure there's a cost factor to this, as in what's the cheapest mold available to press out an exclusive, for example.  What one will make Hasbro the most money, still offer a good exclusive product for a retailer and balance all that with a retail price that consumers will pay?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"