Author Topic: The Cape - Anyone Watching This?  (Read 2296 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
The Cape - Anyone Watching This?
« on: January 18, 2011, 01:37 PM »
Is anyone sticking with this? Do you find it terrible or enjoyable? Or both?

I'm mostly sticking around for Summer Glau and because I enjoy Keith David's acting. I still can't make up my mind if I like it or not though. I already gave up on that atrocious No Ordinary Family show, so I'm not eager to replace it with something equally bad.

Curious what others think...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: The Cape - Anyone Watching This?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 01:56 PM »
I DVR'd the first two episodes but haven't gotten to them yet.   Not sure exactly when I'll sit down to watch them though.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 02:56 PM »
My Wife and I have watched most of two episodes (have there only been two so far?).  It feels like the show is missing something.  Maybe I'm just not getting it because it has something of a dark feel to it, or maybe I missed something from part of one of the episodes, but I'm not a fan.
I am not the Stig

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:51 PM »
I watched the first two episodes live last week and liked them well enough.  I thought the first episode started off well but fell apart about halfway through it.  The second episode I liked better.

I recorded last night's episode and might watch it tonight when I get home from work.  I doubt it'll get a long run so I figure I'll stick with it a few weeks.  Least I can do to support NBC for taking a shot at a superhero show.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 04:36 PM »
I wanted to catch this, but have missed all the episodes to date.  Are there 3 out there now?  I will have to try to catch up on them.  It seems like a cool premise and I agree with trying to support any kind of superhero show that gets put out there unless it is absolutely awful (I'm looking at you No Ordinary Family).
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 04:48 PM »
I like No Ordinary Family, I'm just tired of all the navel-gazing.  You can be a superhero, be a superhero.  It's not like there isn't any reference material out there on how to do it. 

If I woke up tomorrow with super strength and invulnerability, I'd have a costume sketched out by day's end, a dozen cool superhero names on a piece of paper and I'd be running through US Cavalry magazine highlighting all the cool gear I was going to need.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 08:04 PM »
I wanted to catch this, but have missed all the episodes to date.  Are there 3 out there now?  I will have to try to catch up on them.  It seems like a cool premise and I agree with trying to support any kind of superhero show that gets put out there unless it is absolutely awful (I'm looking at you No Ordinary Family).

Yep, there are just three...last night's and the 2 hour premier.

Support for the genre is part of the reason I think i will stick with it too, and because I agree it will probably have a short shelf life. (I was liking the Event in this time slot anyway)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 11:52 PM »
I watched last night's episode when I got home today.  It was a better episode than the first two, IMO.  The writing was a little more even and it had an interesting plot for the weekly mystery and also advanced the overall plot of the show, which I'm always happy to see.

E...