Author Topic: N1 Starfighter  (Read 4680 times)

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
N1 Starfighter
« on: January 5, 2010, 04:10 AM »
Can we look at reproducing the N1 Starfighter soon. Reason.

correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the N1 have a chrome front end?

second how about a removable R2?

and light up engine's that it was meant to have had?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: N1 Starfighter
« Reply #1 on: January 5, 2010, 04:45 AM »
The N1's chromed front-end would be pretty pricey to replicate...  electro-plating is costly, and requires a specific plastic to do it...  I think Hasbro could, but I think it's going to beef up the price of a ship that's seen its prime come and go I'm afraid.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 5, 2010, 08:46 AM »
Physically, a removable R2 would be almost impossible. If I recall from the cross-sections book, the only way the astromech droid "fits" is that his torso cylinder and legs stay down in the more bulky part of the hull, while his dome telescopes up out of the torso cylinder and up through the hole at the top of the starfighter.

It's one of the aspects of the N1 design that I always thought was pretty ridiculous.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 5, 2010, 07:45 PM »
If I recall from the cross-sections book, the only way the astromech droid "fits" is that his torso cylinder and legs stay down in the more bulky part of the hull, while his dome telescopes up out of the torso cylinder and up through the hole at the top of the starfighter.

It's one of the aspects of the N1 design that I always thought was pretty ridiculous.

True that and also now that i think about it looking back at the cross-sections book and at the toy R2's body is to tall to fit in the bottom part.
Id settle for a ep2 version with a ladder instead.