Author Topic: Jabba's Throne w/Oola  (Read 208924 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Jabba's Throne w/Oola
« Reply #360 on: January 12, 2012, 12:07 AM »
Mine was a bit of a hastle too...  I had figures falling everywhere, had to be on a stool to do it too since it's up a little high for me to just reach in easily.  The domino effect took over teh palace.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #361 on: January 13, 2012, 12:29 AM »
Managed to get five minutes and make the switch.  It's a definite improvement!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 13, 2012, 09:20 AM »
Picture needed.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #363 on: January 11, 2014, 07:59 PM »

Sorry this took so long!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #364 on: May 21, 2019, 07:03 PM »
Soooooo

Took my Jabba out and he’s def got the meat sweats going on his undercarriage now but only very slightly.  He’s out of the shelf and on metal now chillin while I debate what I’ll do with him.

I decided to do research on Jabba knowing he now oozes and his ooze can melt plastics near it.

I have learned some interesting stuff about rubber and plastic, and that rubber can sometimes really not like plastic, especially if it has a plasticizer in its chemical make up that is common in toy manufacturing but which likes to eat other more rigid types of abs plastic.  Basically it’s dissolving abs like MEK will do for plastic welding.  Very interesting stuff.

How Hasbro could basically **** the bed on this is kind of mind boggling.  It also is rather nasty off-gassing going on of the rubber portion of Jabba.  I wish there was a resin cast lower body you could buy as a replacement and ditch the rubber skin.😕

This would make an interesting story I think since so many have had major damage from a Jabba.  As it stands I’m just glad I got to mine before it damaged anything at all.

I may try sealing him and see how it pans out but I’m really worried to ever put him on anything at this point.  Anything I care about anyway, like his said or the barge.😬
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 7, 2019, 03:47 PM »
Just checked on my Jabba on throne the other day.  I've had it in a storage bin with a bunch of other Jabba's palace themed figures, including some of the TVC Gamorreans and somewhat HTF guards.  Jabba was sitting right on the throne.  I didn't see any outward signs of melting.  But he was sticking slightly to the throne.  When I pulled him off there was no paint coming off of either the throne or Jabba.  But it's very much cause for concern moving forward.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #366 on: June 7, 2019, 06:03 PM »
That tackiness is the beginnings of the process Nick.  Might want to quarantine the poor guy like I did.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 8, 2019, 11:02 PM »
I’ve seen some guys on Facebook talking about spraying Jabba with a chemical sealer to prevent further melting.  Has anyone here tried that?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback