Author Topic: Imperial AT-AT  (Read 150937 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: AT-AT
« Reply #30 on: January 7, 2010, 08:02 PM »
do you actually think Hasbro would be flipping, enhancing, and using an image of a product that was not owned by them?

Well, Hasbro has been caught using pics they lifted off the 'net before...  last example I remember was using some 501st legion guy's pic to make up the card art for the Legends Sandtrooper card

There was this example too, where Hasbro used a model to render the packaging for Vader's TIE. Some of us thought that it was going to be an all new mold based on the image but in the end it was essentially creative license.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 7, 2010, 08:11 PM »
I'll take 2 please, thanks.

That 1980 mold had to go.  Head too big, body way too small, too short in height.  Just awful overall.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2010, 08:11 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #32 on: January 8, 2010, 10:25 AM »
My mistake.  That is an ILM photo, bit it's published in "Sculpting a Galazy"  pages 92-93

Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 8, 2010, 12:35 PM »

That 1980 mold had to go.  Head too big, body way too small, too short in height.  Just awful overall.

Oh I wouldn't say awful in general. As a toy it's fun. As for scale, yes, it's more than awful.

What I imagine seeing now is a new AT-AT where the toy is actually hardly bigger if at all than the one we have had for decades. However, Hasbro redesigns it to have a smaller head, longer legs and a slightly smaller body. It will all look relatively to scale with itself and with the new smaller scaled Snowspeeder will look to scale even more.

It's fun to speculate on this. I just hope we get some definitive answer out of Hasbro at Toy Fair or sooner.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 9, 2010, 05:29 PM »
Part of me would like to see this, as the AT AT has been my favorite vehicle/toy since 1980. But I also already have 3 AT-ATs (1 vintage and 2 POTF2). I have to think this would be a $150 pricepoint item, and I don't relish the idea of spending $300 to "upgrade" my hoth diorama that has been in a box for 2 years.

I think I'm getting old...  :-\

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 9, 2010, 06:19 PM »

Oh I wouldn't say awful in general. As a toy it's fun. As for scale, yes, it's more than awful.

What I imagine seeing now is a new AT-AT where the toy is actually hardly bigger if at all than the one we have had for decades. However, Hasbro redesigns it to have a smaller head, longer legs and a slightly smaller body. It will all look relatively to scale with itself and with the new smaller scaled Snowspeeder will look to scale even more.

It's fun to speculate on this. I just hope we get some definitive answer out of Hasbro at Toy Fair or sooner.

I do not agree that the old mold is a fun toy. Compared to the Turbo Tank or AT-TE, it's boring. Sure, it's tall and has lights and sounds, but that's about it. The Turbo Tank can launch a speeder, the AT-TE has opening hatches, plus both have many small features.

I'm hoping that we do end up with a new AT-AT that has features comparable to the recent big vehicles. Even a partial retool would be cool by me. In any case, I can't wait till Toy Fair to see this behemoth.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 9, 2010, 06:47 PM »
I think the AT-AT was amazing for its time back in the day, and was cool enough back in the POTF2 days... really, it wasn't until we got the AT-TE that I started really thinking a new AT-AT could be down the road out of Hasbro. 

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 12:47 AM »
I'm already dreading the price.  :o

And if we get a new AT-AT (whatta beast!), I'm afraid Hasbro may put a hold on a Sail Barge or Slave I for a while due to costing. But we did get the BMF and AT-TE in the same year...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 04:06 AM »
The only AT-AT I have is my vintage one, so I look forward to finally adding an (updated) one to my collection.

I think I'd prefer they leave the speeder out if it meant getting more features on the AT-AT itself though.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 07:09 AM »
I never had the AT-AT when I was a kid, but my nephew did. I still remember it as an awesome toy. Yes, compared to the latest vehicles it sorely lacks in detail and correct looks, but it's still the same old Kenner AT-AT from back then.

I'd gladly welcome a new, bigger, more correct AT-AT. I won't be surprised if it'll cost 150 euros here in Europe though (roughly $210)  :o

Just like with my Octuptarra Droids, I think I'll call in the help of my fellow US SW fans, because despite the high shipping costs, I'd still safe money compared to the European prices.

But first, let's see if this dream of ours comes true  ;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 04:45 PM »
I don't care what the price is, or how poor I am. I'm buying two.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline OTFREAK

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2010, 07:11 PM »
 Check this out guys!! From Yakface.

Wondering what to expect for that rumored new AT-AT? Look no further as we've received a spy report with more features of this bad boy:

Here is the translated text:
- Complete with new molding, the AT-AT bigger than ever!
- random dialogue from the movie (English), built-in sound and action
- Holds Speeder bike in the rear hatch.
- Cable arm and pull open the cover for passengers side of the body
- The blaster has a gimmick in luminous nose.
- Opening the hatch at the bottom of the body to recreate Luke's sneak attack
- AT-AT Driver figure included
- Cockpit/head can hold 6 figures

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2010, 08:50 PM »
That's just crazy and insane!  What's this AT-AT and Yak doing in all the same place.   :-\  ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2010, 09:44 PM »
I saw that post at yakface as well- very interesting. the AT AT in its' current mold is a beast of a box at retail- anything sized signifcantly larger I would think would be broken down (legs removed) in the box to save packaging/shelf space/etc

This item has me severly interested in toyfair, and I have become something of a shadow collector...

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Wow, 6 figures in the head?!? That's awesome. maybe even dare I say TOO big. I'd have been happy with it being big enough for 4.

Not that I like going there, but RS is reporting that the AT-AT is nearly 3ft tall.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:38 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010