Author Topic: Imperial AT-AT  (Read 150888 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: 2010 Imperial AT-AT
« Reply #120 on: February 3, 2010, 03:41 PM »
Usually, the old molds wear out and are thus destroyed or are lost necessitating a new one.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 3, 2010, 06:01 PM »
Nice to see Hasbro come out and confirm this, and now we can all just look forward to seeing pics in a couple of weeks here.  Hopefully it is significantly larger.  I mean, it will never be to scale, but a decent upsizing would be pretty nice.  Glad (and surprised in a way) to hear that it will be at the $99.99 pricepoint.  I mean, the last TRU exclusive was almost that much with the old mold wasn't it? That is a pleasant surprise.  Sort of glad to hear there are "lights and sounds".  I know that is supposed to be more so for the kiddos in many cases, but maybe it is just because of the throwback to vintage stuff, but I sort of like those included - at least where they don't cause aesthetic problems.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 3, 2010, 06:46 PM »
I'm certainly ecstatic by the confirmation of the $99 price - kudos to Hasbro for keeping it affordable.  Of course, it'll cost more in Canada, but it should be closer to $150CDN rather than $200CDN, so I'm a happy camper.

Toy Fair can't come soon enough!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 4, 2010, 09:21 AM »
The $99 price point scares me a little, it may not be all that it can be, sculpt-wise.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #124 on: February 4, 2010, 02:46 PM »
It's Official!

STAR WARS AT-AT
(Approximate Retail Value: $99.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: August 1, 2010)
In space, size does matter, and Hasbro certainly kept that in mind when creating its all-new, highly detailed STAR WARS AT-AT. The AT-AT (All Terrain Armored Transport) played a significant role in the Empire’s military assault in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, and it will play an equally important role in every fan’s toy collection this year! Measuring more than 24 inches tall, nearly 28 inches long, and 12 inches wide, this colossal vehicle holds up to 20 STAR WARS figures – 6 of which can fit in its head alone! – and includes so many play and electronic features true to its on-screen counterpart that it’s hard to believe! From the zip-line in its body and articulated legs for superb poseability, to its LED lights and authentic movie sounds and phrases, this is the must-have addition for STAR WARS fans of all ages. Includes a 3 ¾ inch AT-AT driver action figure and a pop-out speeder bike.

(Courtesy of Jedi insider)
http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=12548
Jeff ;)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 4, 2010, 02:54 PM »
Measuring more than 24 inches tall?  What was up with all those 3' rumors?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #126 on: February 4, 2010, 02:58 PM »
Measuring more than 24 inches tall?  What was up with all those 3' rumors?

Rebelscum.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 4, 2010, 03:03 PM »
This thing is going to bomb.  I think Hasbro probably really messed this up.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #128 on: February 4, 2010, 03:14 PM »
So it's 12" wide and 24"+ tall? Anyone want to start petitioning now for replacement legs that are 6"-8" taller?  ::) :P
« Last Edit: February 4, 2010, 03:23 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #129 on: February 4, 2010, 03:15 PM »
I do not think this will bomb at all. I think it will do better than the Turbo Tank and is so much more known. I plan on buying two out of the gate. I have seen more buzz overall than last year's Turbo Tank in the collecting community.

Let's hope this does not fail, because if it does it does not bode well for the Movie line or future big boys. If this kicks butt at retail then we may see a Sailbarge.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #130 on: February 4, 2010, 03:25 PM »
I'm happy for those that are happy, but at 2 feet tall, it's still 16" shorter than "scale", and so that's way off the mark for me and I won't be picking one up unless I see it on clearance maybe. 

I can't stop laughing at the "3 feet tall" bull**** though that was swirling about. :)  2 feet and 3 feet are pretty huge differences in scale, with stuff this size.  I mean that's not even in the ballpark of one another.  So hats off to that completely wonky report.

I'm with Jayson on the legs 6 to 8" taller...  It's sort of a shame Hasbro didn't pack legs almost as long as the vehicle is itself.  That would've bumped it up in height and added nothing to the bottom line.  Height was what a lot were looking for.  I don't know if this will impact it or not, and I still think this is a popular design from both an OT movie fan and Clone fan point of view, so I think the AT-AT may do well regardless.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #131 on: February 4, 2010, 03:39 PM »
I personally never expected this to be "in scale" but I am actually really excited about this. This is still a pretty massive vehicle and will sure as hell look better than the 30 year one. The previous one is 30 years old people! It's going to be light years better and I think many will come around once the product pics surface. I am really excited. My only worry is if I we be able to fit on my display shelf.

I am so glad I ditched my 3 old Snow Speeders, Endor AT-AT and soon the POTF2 one. Pretty much all of the key OT vehicles have been updated that really needed it. I am really looking forward to this years product offerings!

OT wise the only thing I would like to see is (if they ever go back and redo) the Y-Wing get the Holiday Special Cartoon separation feature with a 2-man cockpit and astromech slot.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 4, 2010, 03:59 PM »
I'm happy for those that are happy, but at 2 feet tall, it's still 16" shorter than "scale", and so that's way off the mark for me and I won't be picking one up unless I see it on clearance maybe.  

Right on.

I do not think this will bomb at all. I think it will do better than the Turbo Tank and is so much more known. I plan on buying two out of the gate. I have seen more buzz overall than last year's Turbo Tank in the collecting community.

If you define "not bombing" as people buying it, then who knows you might be right.

I define it as bombing if Jesse James passes on it.

The scale is way off, guaranteed the head is going to be embarrassingly large and ridiculous, and of course, the thing has to launch a speederbike out of it's ass like a cow launches a poop pie.

I'm just not interested in yet another AT-AT release that is horribly out of scale.  We already have it!

« Last Edit: February 4, 2010, 04:01 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #133 on: February 4, 2010, 04:04 PM »
If you define "not bombing" as people buying it, then who knows you might be right.

I define it as bombing if Jesse James passes on it.

The scale is way off, guaranteed the head is going to be embarrassingly large and ridiculous, and of course, the thing has to launch a speederbike out of it's ass like a cow launches a poop pie.

I'm just not interested in yet another AT-AT release that is horribly out of scale.  We already have it!

Gotcha!
I would consider the first release horribly out of scale. This one could be classified as just out of scale.

I cannot wait to position this Mech-Dog with a leg up and have it **** out a Speederbike! This is going to be the best shot in my collection! The dual level inside is going to be awesome!
« Last Edit: February 4, 2010, 04:10 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 4, 2010, 04:08 PM »
So it's 12" wide and 24"+ tall? Anyone want to start petitioning now for replacement legs that are 6"-8" taller?  ::) :P

Completely agree. This should have been close to if not 3ft tall. I REALLY hope Hasbro, or someone else brings an old mold AT-AT to Toy Fair to show and compare the size.  My excitement level for this has dropped.

I'll still get one, but multiple purchases are deeply in question now.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010