Author Topic: Imperial AT-AT  (Read 150857 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial AT-AT
« Reply #195 on: February 13, 2010, 07:07 PM »
They did say they were thinking August on this one.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 13, 2010, 08:13 PM »
Wow, looks pretty nice to me.  Sure, the scale is of course still off (and the head to body ratios), but as a big, fun toy, it looks like another winner.  I'll definitely be picking at least one up, and I hope that I'm able to get that packaging "variant" at TRU - can't wait to see what the retro vintage packaging will look like for this.  Not that I keep things boxed, but I do keep some packaging, and this would be one worth keeping.  Looks like a ton of features, and a lot more detail than the previous version (inside particularly)...and even if it isn't 3 feet tall, it still looks pretty big.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #197 on: February 13, 2010, 09:36 PM »
I think it looks great.  Cool to hear about the vintage package variant - I will be going after that.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 13, 2010, 10:50 PM »
As it would be a more expensive vehicle than the bmf it could be desirable Hasbro includes the hoth biker scout too, but the toy comes with only one  at at driver

But a great toy, amazing.

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 14, 2010, 01:05 AM »
well im happy toget 3 to this is what i was worried about but looks cool.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 14, 2010, 09:12 AM »
I'm really happy with this. A little boxy, but overall, very cool. At this point, I think my biggest complaint is the side guns. I was planning on two, but if there's going to be one with vintage-esque packaging, I might pick a boxed one up too.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 14, 2010, 11:02 AM »
I think it looks gorgeous! I can't wait to pick one up. Hopefully I'll find the vintage box. 8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 14, 2010, 11:41 AM »
This has easily been the highlight of the show for me. All of the play features look like a lot of fun. I'll shoot for getting one at full price, and maybe a second on clearance. I'm hoping the Snowtrooper is put back into rotation as I will need more than a few to fill up this toy.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 14, 2010, 03:11 PM »
Any comparison pics out there with the old version?  I would love to see a side by side.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 14, 2010, 03:50 PM »
Any comparison pics out there with the old version?  I would love to see a side by side.

Looks like JTA has some comparison shots up using a super imposed older version.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 14, 2010, 11:24 PM »
Fantastic pics Mr James:

There's no doubt, I will be buying this.  And I don't think I'll have a problem paying full retail for it (despite it being priced higher here in Canada).

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2010, 10:34 AM »
The more I look at this the more I love it. Two to open and I may have to get a vinty package one to keep boxed. With the strong Sailbarge rumors I am more worried about space than the money.
the scale on this has really impressed me, I cannot get over how big it is compared to the figures. You gotta love it!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2010, 11:00 AM »
Okay, obviously this version is better than the 1980 mold.  But in my opinion, not all that much.

I still am leaning towards not picking this up.  The head is too big, the body is too small, despite this version being taller and bigger than the last one.  It's bigger, yes, but the problem of proportion still persists.

While I'm glad to see some euphoria in the hobby for this, I don't think it's good enough for my $100.  And quite frankly, this is the worst Toy Fair I've seen.  There doesn't seem to be a particularly great lineup of figures, and not all that much of them.  I can't think of anything Star Wars that I want to buy right now.  I remember 2007 at this time of the year,  I was drooling over the 30 AC offerings, hunting every day for Galactic Marines and Airborne Troopers.

There isn't anything to be out and about looking for, for the next half a year at least except Marvel figures.  Toy Fair was very disappointing.

At any rate, yeah this AT-AT looks a little better, but when you look at a picture of the AT-AT from the movie, then at the toy again, it just doesn't measure up guys.

Look at the picture.  Now look at this video of the new AT-AT toy.  Then look at the picture again.  That head is huge!  The head:body ratio is still bad.  The back had to open up to launch a speederbike though, that they can do.  But getting the most important sculpt proportion even remotely close, nope too hard.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 11:06 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2010, 01:21 PM »
I understand your concerns Dressel, but Hasbro's not making prop replicas.  They're going to have to make trade offs for playability.  For a toy, it's really nice and has some great features.

I think it's a good effort and if it fits on my Hoth Shelf, I'll pick one up.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2010, 01:52 PM »
I understand your concerns Dressel, but Hasbro's not making prop replicas.  They're going to have to make trade offs for playability.  For a toy, it's really nice and has some great features.

I think it's a good effort and if it fits on my Hoth Shelf, I'll pick one up.

I'd buy that, had I never seen this:

They can do better, but with this new AT-AT, they just didn't.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda