Author Topic: Imperial AT-AT  (Read 151441 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial AT-AT
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2010, 12:14 PM »
Here's some video reviews of the AT-AT from jedinews.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2010, 12:16 PM »
After watching this video review I realized At At feet are like cups, they aren´t closed or solid. Although the vehicle stands pretty well.
Of course potf2 version has "cup" feet too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #287 on: June 25, 2010, 02:46 AM »
Jedi Defender reader Jibba dropped us a line the other day that we could use some photos he took of the upcoming Vintage Collection AT-AT, which he was able to acquire early since he lives in Australia and they're out there now. :)  So thanks to Jibba for offering the images like he did, it was kind of him.

Here they are, ready for your viewing pleasure!

Thanks again to Jibba for sharing.  Something to look forward to in a month or so. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 25, 2010, 03:51 AM »
I live in Queensland Australia and i can tell ya there not out here. I would say he probably lives in Melbourne where every thing comes out first. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 25, 2010, 09:00 AM »
Can someone explain why Hasbro doesn't release stuff in the US FIRST, and the rest of the world afterwards?

They're a US company, their biggest market share is probably right here, I just don't get it.

I understand the stuff is manufactured abroad, but they're not cranking them off the assembly line in the UK or Australia. Why does those countries rate ahead of us?

I assume they must have a good reason, but I'm curious what it is.

And I know this doesn't apply to everything in the various lines, but particularly the figures always seem to hit abroad first, exclusives aside.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 25, 2010, 10:14 AM »
Because right down the middle of the pacific ocean is an international dateline Fiji then Australia,Asia then the rest of the world.
lol its most likely to be target putting orders in first and we have target too so ours prob ordered first.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 25, 2010, 10:25 AM »
Hasbro management has a softspot for those accents (or lack thereof depending on you point of view).
I am not the Stig

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 25, 2010, 11:21 AM »
Hmm, would it be impossible for them to release everything all at once internationally?

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 25, 2010, 12:27 PM »
Hmm, would it be impossible for them to release everything all at once internationally?

They have trouble enough doing that in the US....
I am not the Stig

Offline Jibba

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 25, 2010, 08:20 PM »
I live in Queensland Australia and i can tell ya there not out here. I would say he probably lives in Melbourne where every thing comes out first.  

Actually I’m from Brisbane. If you are near there the Target at Capalaba Park had one left after I picked this up.

Can someone explain why Hasbro doesn't release stuff in the US FIRST, and the rest of the world afterwards?

They're a US company, their biggest market share is probably right here, I just don't get it.

I understand the stuff is manufactured abroad, but they're not cranking them off the assembly line in the UK or Australia. Why does those countries rate ahead of us?

And I know this doesn't apply to everything in the various lines, but particularly the figures always seem to hit abroad first, exclusives aside.

First off 99% of the time Hasbro does release stuff in the US first and then the rest of the world later. The reason the AT-AT (and other Vintage stuff) is being released internationally first is likely due to the set release date in the US. Now you may ask why these are not being enforced internationally aswell, and the answer is likely because when Hasbro planned this line they figured that the basically ‘failed’ 2009 assortments of both TCW and Legacy would take at least 6 months to fully clear (because there was undoubtedly still stockpiles unable to be moved to the clogged pegs, creating a backlog of cases to be slowly sold). Given that it appears they want to restart the line with the Vintage look, they want as little as possible Legacy left on shelves when they launch the line, so as too completely separate the lines, and too prevent Legacy from becoming ‘eternal peg warmers’. In that I mean if Vintage and old Legacy were on the shelves at the same time, the Vintage stuff would sell quick, and the Legacy stuff is still going to stay there indefinitely. Then when Vintage is restocked, it will sell, leaving the same old Legacy. If there is only Legacy stuff then they can wither it away without competition. You know the odd ROTS figures which lie around at the stores? It would be like that only worse. 2009 was a failed year for Hasbro and they want to reboot the line fresh. I know it seems stupid, and is frustrating; however I would rather wait, and have a fresh line, than a line plagued with old Legacy pegwarmers.

Apart from the reasons I already mentioned, has the thought crossed your mind that just because something doesn’t get released in the US first doesn’t necessarily mean that business will be affected. This whole ‘but we are the biggest consumer’ has no footing. What does that matter? Just because these are released early does not necessarily translate into larger profit margins. From a business perspective releasing these early or on August 6th has no importance.

Another factor is that because Hasbro didn’t release Legacy in the UK, there is no need for ‘depletion time’ as there is in the United States. Britain is the only country which literally didn’t get anything of the later half of Legacy, and thus has no backlog of figures. If anything that reinforces my theory that the reason for the later release date in the US is because of the Legacy backlog. Also it may not even be Hasbro’s decision to release these figures early in the UK. Because there is nothing on the shelves TRU may figure that it better if they get new product out there to fill the void. There is no such void in the US.

I think it’s good for you Americans to wait for the product like the rest of the world does.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 08:26 PM by Jibba »

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 25, 2010, 11:50 PM »
Actually I’m from Brisbane. If you are near there the Target at Capalaba Park had one left after I picked this up.
Oh if i had 200$ i would drive up and get 1

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 26, 2010, 12:25 AM »

I am also in Queensland Australia (Brisbane) and picked up one from the Target Mitchelton (Brookside) store on the 20th June.

They are around in Queensland and not just Melbourne.  ;D

One just has to make calls and track them down with the same verve Vader had for finding Skywalker in ESB.  >:D
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 28, 2010, 07:56 AM »

I always thought this was as simple as the shipping route from Asia. 

I was always pissed that Neal in Rochester NY gets everything 3 weeks before me, being just 400 miles away.  But now I realize that I should be more angry at the Australians.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 28, 2010, 09:54 AM »

I always thought this was as simple as the shipping route from Asia. 

Thanks, that one actually makes the most sense out of what I've heard so far.

I was just trying to ask a question more than voice a complaint. I'm sincerely curious.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #299 on: June 28, 2010, 12:39 PM »
I recently had a discussion with a person about someone esle getting something before him.  He was very angry and felt that his world was coming apart. I couldn't understand why he was so upset.  He knew that he would eventually get the desired object, but he just had to wait a few moments.

The person was my four year old son, and the object was a pudding cup that had to be retrieved from the refridgerator.  His older brother had gotten one first!

Chill.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com