Author Topic: Imperial AT-AT  (Read 150861 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Imperial AT-AT
« Reply #420 on: November 2, 2010, 09:07 PM »
Y'know, while I too would have liked to save 20.00 off this, I think that I'd rather send Hasbro the message that I'll buy quality new stuff at full price.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #421 on: November 3, 2010, 01:36 PM »
Agreed. I plan on buying a second, even if it's at full price.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 3, 2010, 06:29 PM »
I found an AT-AT on the shelf in Binghamton, NY on my way through Saturday morning.  There was a shelf tag for $49.99 and I used one of the KMart $5 coupons with it, out the door for about $48.50.

The local KMart isn't stocking the AT-AT and I wasn't going out of my way to track one down but getting off the highway was easy enough so I'm pretty happy.  I passed on the Tank last year but this was one vehicle I didn't want to pass up, but also wasn't sure when I'd come up with the $100 to snag one.  Half off was easier on the budget.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #423 on: November 3, 2010, 07:51 PM »
I got the Turbo Tank for like $40 at K-Mart this past Summer...  I was not into it either due to scale, but once I got it I had an immediate need to make it a custom "armored scout car" type deal.  LIke a small Commander's armored car deal...  Since Juggernaughts come in a variety of sizes I figured its plausible they'd have a small highly mobile one.

Anyway, long story short, the thing was easily the biggest bitch to take apart that I have ever experienced...  Hasbro really made it a pain to dismantle.   :-\ 

The AT-AT I will leave as it is...  I even debated getting it at $50.  It's a great toy though.  Just still not my collecting norm...  Very fun though for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 4, 2010, 10:43 AM »
The Turbo Tank is the only big vehicle I've passed on so far, but to be honest I was sort of hoping that we'd see a TRU $50 sale on that one the year after release like the AT-TE got a couple times.  I did see the Turbo Tank on clearance at WM around the holidays that year for $50, but we were just too strapped from all the Christmas shopping so I had to pass.  Like Jesse mentioned, it is out of scale, but still kind of a neat toy the way it looks.  Plus, for some reason seeing those concept drawings including it in the Hoth battle of ESB (in the latest "making of" book) made it even more appealing.  Anyways, I doubt I'll ever pass on the OT ships (if we see any other large re-dos), but I will probably take a "wait and see" approach with the CW/PT ones.  I totally understand the point of paying full price to show the interest in something, and usually I do that too, but with money (particularly hobby money) being so tight, there is definitely something to be said for waiting for a deal on these things.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #425 on: November 4, 2010, 01:08 PM »
I passed on the Tank for the same reasons as Brian did.  I'd like to have it, mostly for its ESB awesomeness, but it's no loss if I don't.  The AT AT on the other hand I will buy and will grab at $50 if I can, but certainly $80.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 5, 2010, 02:11 PM »
So I sent Hasbro a question about my AT-AT (the box was missing one of the pieces for the Speeder bike).  Hasbro replied that they'd be happy to have me ship the whole item to their return facility and they'll send me a replacement, or item of equal value, in 4-6 weeks.

I told them that was ridiculous, I'm not going to take my son's toy away for 4-6 weeks because they didn't include a part.   I'm also not going to return it to the store because I no longer have the box (my Wife recycled it..).  I get that Hasbro isn't supposed to jump because I complained about something, but I'm still disappointed in their response.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #427 on: November 5, 2010, 02:19 PM »
Can you buy another one and return the one with the missing part with that box?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #428 on: November 5, 2010, 02:20 PM »
It's pretty much their standard response though, unfortunately.  And the other kicker is that "equal or lesser value" line...  You could easily have gotten a Turbo Tank back.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 5, 2010, 03:09 PM »
Can you buy another one and return the one with the missing part with that box?

No.  I don't have the extra cash to do that right now, plus that would be a crappy thing to do to someone else's kids.  Frankly my son is never going to get the figures to sit on the speeder bike properly anyway, so the bike will probably stay in the back of the AT-AT for the most part (I've bought a couple of those Maestos motorcycles from Walmart and I've probably helped him put the same Scout back on the motorcylce about 100 times in the last month) .  I was just hoping that Hasbro would be more like LEGO (the one time I bought a set that was missing a piece, I submitted the request and the part was on my doorstep like a week later).  I get that its completely different in that LEGO actually sells their toys in parts intentionally, but still, it was worth a shot.
I am not the Stig

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 5, 2010, 03:38 PM »
You could always buy a vintage speederbike off ebay.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #431 on: November 5, 2010, 06:16 PM »
Could you just return the speeder bike?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 5, 2010, 07:48 PM »
You could always just put the Speederbike in the ass hatch and glue it shut and pretend this just never happend in the first place.   ;D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 7, 2010, 05:30 PM »
Ah, I miss KENNER's "WE REALLY DO CARE!"

My bro broke the vintage Millenium Falcon's guns and they sent him a new one.

Of course, greedy scum would exploit that for all it was worth nowdays so they could resale parts on ebay.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 8, 2010, 09:51 AM »
It's a different world now.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours