Author Topic: Imperial AT-AT  (Read 151361 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial AT-AT
« Reply #435 on: November 8, 2010, 10:12 AM »
Could you just return the speeder bike?

Nope, they were specific they wanted the whole thing, hence their promise to send the same item or one of equal value (it would be funny if they sent me one of those Blue Felucia slugs as replacement though...)
I am not the Stig

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #436 on: December 25, 2010, 11:36 PM »
I received the BMF AT-AT for Christmas and wow is it huge!  I was a little worried it wouldn't fit on ym Hoth shelf...luckily, it does.

I will update my collection pictures soon with the updated shelf...I have done a little re-organizing on this display.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 28, 2010, 05:17 PM »

Had a little fun comparing the BMF with the "mini-me" GH version!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 28, 2010, 06:09 PM »
I see somebody got a new bone for Jesus' b-day.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 29, 2010, 01:49 AM »
All three of the dogs got those huge rawhide bones!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #440 on: December 29, 2010, 02:37 AM »
I like when they run around the house proud of having a bone as wide as the dogs are long.  Mine always knocks it into the tree and stuff.

AT-AT's are an interesting thing around me...  I think K-Mart is the only place that actually sold through theirs at the holidays.  I think Target did 2nd best.  TRU and WM have been sitting on the same ones since August.

K-Mart even put out a second round of them due to the $50 sale they ran.  Good for them I guess, getting the jump.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 3, 2011, 10:07 AM »
Jesse, I see just the opposite at KMart.  The week before christmas they put out a huge pile of them, must've been atleast 40 of them.  Atleast half of them were still there yesterday.  When they did their $50 sale they only had about 5 on the sales floor at any given time, which is pretty much how they were stocked up until they put out that huge pile.  Now I'm sure they sold a bunch, but they are the only retailer in my neck of the woods that is sitting on a significant stockpile.

(I remember the timing of the release of the stockpile because I had seen one of those walker/armor suits from the Avatar line that I was going to repurpose as somekind of munitions loader for the Imperials, and I checked back into that KM two days in a row...).
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #442 on: January 3, 2011, 08:48 PM »
A friend of mine manages my nearby KM, and I was talkign with her back when they did the $50 sale...  She said they put out about a dozen more than were initially out with the August release back then, which some they had in the back and some came in during the sale....  After the sale, my stores also restocked, but nowhere near the numbers you're seeing Keonobi.

There's maybe 5 or so at my local store now, but I don't know now if there are more in the back and this is all that fit on the floor or what.

Targets near me either have one or two, and none in the stock room on the DPCI thingy, and WM has some up high, some down low...  TRU has a lot too, some up high, some down low.

BTW I got 2 Avatar mech suit things too, at KM.  I got one for like $7 and the other more near $10 I think, but both with the same thoughts in mind as you have for them.  Gonna take some work though.  The human-ish hands on those sucked.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2011, 08:49 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 26, 2011, 11:58 AM »
The AT-ATs sold great in my area, but I actually found one at Target on Monday for $12.54.

I didn't realize it until I started snapping pics, that there are remnants of wrapping paper on it.  So someone apparently got it for Christmas, and took it back to Target.   Then they probably marked it down by 85% to just get it out of their inventory.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #444 on: January 26, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Congrats on the find Chewie! That rocks!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 26, 2011, 12:32 PM »
..and I thought my $45 Kmart find was decent.  Nice score   8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 26, 2011, 01:38 PM »
Dang, I'd buy as many as I could get for that price. Awesome score!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 27, 2011, 02:27 PM »
That is just an awesome price CHEWIE, congrats on that find.  I was sort of hoping I'd happen across one at some sort of clearance after Christmas, but things were pretty well sold out.  Honestly, I don't think there is a single AT-AT in town right now, TRU included.  It seemed to be the best seller of the big vehicles, at least here locally, as I don't know that any even hit clearance (they seemed to be gone before Christmas).  I wouldn't mind having another for a good price, but I guess I'm happy with the one I've got too (and don't necessarily have the room for another anyways).

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 7, 2011, 11:33 AM »
I still think I live in the bizarro land for SW collecting.  I stopped back into the above mentioned KM and even though they had the AT-AT on sale for $75 I counted 10 on the sales floor.  Now they weren't anywhere near the Star Wars toys, they were down around the corner on a "Clearance" rack in the middle of the isle between the tools and dishware.
I am not the Stig

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 7, 2011, 12:01 PM »
^^ Must have a former toy manager from WM working there...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN