Author Topic: Toy Fair 2010!  (Read 35107 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Toy Fair 2010!
« on: January 8, 2010, 12:40 PM »
Okay first apologies to the mods if this is in the wrong place.

With speculation running rampant about an AT-AT, pics now seen of the snowspeeder, twin pod cloud car, and swamp speeder, what else would you like to see revealed at Toy Fair.

Personally I'd like to see Hasbro reveal when the planned Hoth Rebel trooper variant is as well as the plan to release the comic pack figures that aren't going to be released as comic packs. (I really wanted Delia Blue among others.)

We also know of the Galactic Heroes AT-AT and I'd like to see more pics of that one even if it is pushed back to 2011 for release.

Beyond this I suppose we'll see the EU wave again.

So what else SW related only would you like to see coming out of Toy Fair?
« Last Edit: January 8, 2010, 03:06 PM by Jeff »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What SW items would you like to see at Toy Fair?
« Reply #1 on: January 8, 2010, 12:50 PM »
Slave I (I'm a man of many words)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 8, 2010, 01:59 PM »
Slave I (I'm a man of many words)

HA! Yeah, a new bigger one would be nice.

I would really LOVE to see modular Death Star playsets revealed at Toy Fair, but I know that's a pipe dream.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 8, 2010, 02:21 PM »
DS playset would be great, but I'd be happy seeing some in depth shots of the new AT-AT.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair 2010!
« Reply #4 on: January 8, 2010, 03:24 PM »
I want to see the Twilight, Republic Shuttle, Separatist SuperTank, or some other big vehicle in the TCW line that isn't a Y-Wing or Gunship re-paint.

If TLC is getting an AT-AT, Hasbro damn sure better have something comparable up their sleeves for the animated line.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 8, 2010, 05:21 PM »
I would think we'd get a pretty decent look at CW stuff, since we're going to be seeing more of that in the coming months.  I really hope we get a look at the rumored "vintage" line/packaging/etc. that is coming towards the fall.  Hopefully we can get a look at a wave or two of those figures, since we're going to have a big break from Legacy/vintage/whatever for awhile here.  Like it was said, I'm sure we'll see the EU wave again as well.

Aside from that, I hope that we see finished versions of the Cloud Car and Snowspeeder, and hopefully some other new vehicles as well.  I also hope we do see the new "large" vehicle, and I hope it is either the AT-AT or Slave 1, since those seem like the most likely OT candidates for this year.  It would also be nice to see if there is any future for the "deluxe" vehicle line, beyond the ARC and Y-Wing.  Then it would be cool to see a surprise or two, like maybe an early look at the new Jabba that is supposed to be coming around holiday time...but I'm guessing they will hold that for SDCC.  Overall, I just want to see what is involved in the "big focus on ESB's anniversary" that they've talked about in recent Q and A's.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 8, 2010, 05:27 PM »
Hopefully whatever it is that they have planned for the 30th anniversary of ESB I hope it is all revealed at Toy Fair.   So, it would be nice to see the AT-AT (if it exists), Slave I (again if they are making it) a finished Snowspeeder and Cloud Car.  I hope they show us the ESB Han Solo with the "never before seen jacket" or whatever they said in the Q&A.  If there was ever a year to bring out a Torryn Farr this would be it but I am not "expecting" to see it at Toy Fair, but if she is planned let's see it!

Of course any of figures they have planned would be nice to see as always.  There have a been a few surprise figures the past few shows like Comic Con and Toy Fair so hopefully that continues.  

I would not mind knowing what repacks they are going to have next year.  I thought a blue painted Jango Fett was coming.  So, stuff like that I would not mind seeing what they have in mind.  I hope the Resurgence of the Jedi Luke Skywalker is in that mix.  

Yeah, an attempt at the most famous environment in the whole damn Star Wars saga...The Death Star.... playset would be nice to see.  God knows it got enough "screen time"  LOL!  

Clone Wars - I would like to see what Mandalorian figures they are going to come up with.  Along with a few Jedi like Eeth Koth and Ki-Adi-Mundi versions.  

Vehicles - From the Clone Wars the Republic Attack Shuttle, Clone Swamp Speeder, Federation Battle Ship.  I would not mind a red repaint of the Y-Wing Fighter.  Again not exactly expecting to see this stuff, but it would be nice!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 8, 2010, 07:31 PM »
Hasbro has set a precedent the last 2 or 3 years where they showed off exclusive items at Toy Fair so I'm expecting to see a couple of items that fall into that category.

For figures I expect we'll see the EU wave and, if they have exclusives, the boxed Force Unleashed sets for TRU as well as maybe another exclusive figure or two.  I think there's a good bet we'll see the first wave of the Fall figures, or at least the packaging for them.  We should see any vehicles coming in the Spring so, depending on their plans, I think the Cloud Car and maybe Swamp Speeder and Snowspeeder are good bets.

Probably a couple waves of Clone Wars figures and the Nahdar Vebb mail-away, plus, if Hasbro chooses to mix up the Legacy Collection figs (Clone paint schemes or whatnot) I think we'll see a couple of those.  Maybe a handful of new CW Deluxe figures and some Battle Packs...Should be some Galactic Heroes figs along with the new Megabattlers line, and role play items. 

There should also be some new, maybe repackaged as well, Transformers and hopefully whatever this Super DLX Vehicle is. 

In the presentation they'll probably have another wave or two of CW and Legacy replacement figures, Fall vehicles, more exclusives and if they have anything new for the FX line, it'll probably be shown.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 8, 2010, 11:02 PM »
Sail Barge.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 8, 2010, 11:46 PM »
AT-AT and Sail Barge are high on my list.  Of course I'd love to see a surprise like some sort of playset that meets the needs of the collector market, but I'm not expecting that anytime soon.

I've seen a few mentions of a big badass Separatist vehicle on people's wish lists - I'd be game for that too.  They don't get enough love from Hasbro (or the community anyway, so it does make sense for Hasbro to look some of them over).

As for figures, as much as they want to show in Legacy is someone I want to know more about - I could care less about Clone Wars and Legends.  If I want to, I can go to any store and swim in them.  Legacy is a different story. I'm just sick and tired of Hasbro pushing lines that seem to be less popular than they will admit.

TFU sets from TRU are also going to be fun to see, I can't wait for the full scoop on those.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 12:33 AM »
I'm looking forward to the new TFU sets. ;D

And a new wave of Comic Packs with a big sign that says, "JUST KIDDING, THE COMIC PACK LINE HASN'T DIED!" (even though I have a feeling that isn't happening...)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 11:50 AM »
Not certain if we have the possibility of seeing an upcomming ROTJ wave but if so 2 movie figures very high on my want list are all new SA versions of Admiral Ackbar and a Gamorrean Guard.  Would also love to see any other figure from the Jabba scenes unmade get their debut in plastic form.

Offline don

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 01:03 AM »

If TLC is getting an AT-AT, Hasbro damn sure better have something comparable up their sleeves for the animated line.

Or just put the AT-AT in the cartoon for an episode and call it good for both.  ::)

While I'd LOVE to see a sail barge and a modular death star I think they're both pipe dreams. Of course, I thought a new bigger AT-AT was out of the question too. If they really have that maybe when ROTJ hits the 30th anniversary we could get something so cool as a sail barge...? Naw. Pipe dreaming again.

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 12:18 PM »
  Maybe if we are consistant we will eventually get a Sail Barge.  Look at all the other pip dreams that have materialize one such example is the ICMG!!!! ;D

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 02:30 PM »
Sail Barge.

If this is ever made....my guess would be in 3 years for the 30th anniversary of ROTJ.
This is the way.

I have spoken.