Author Topic: Toy Fair 2010!  (Read 35110 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair 2010!
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2010, 08:18 PM »
Not a major question Jeff, but was there any mention of who the 10 repackaged figures are for the vintage line?  I know it mentioned being "never before seen" on vintage cardbacks, so part of me leans towards things like the Evolutions Maul, Anakin, Jango, etc.  So we've got 27 new/redecoed figures and 10 repacks for a total of 37 for 2010, right?  I'm gathering that things like Fett and 4-LOM count as "redecoed" and not repacked.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2010, 08:32 PM »
Ok - so I've seen a hi-res shot of the 4-LOM/Zuckass exclusive - are they going to label them on the cards incorrectly or are the cards going to have the correct names and they're just going to show pictures of the incorrectly labelled cards?

And what's the deal with the Cloud Car Pilot? The slideshow shows a pilot with a moustache and the figure at the Hasbro booth did not. Is this another running change figure that may never come to pass?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 08:34 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2010, 08:39 PM »
The Cloud Car Pilot will ship with a mustache (the one on display with was a prototype). There is no variant.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2010, 08:40 PM »
The Cloud Car Pilot will ship with a mustache (the one on display with was a prototype). There is no variant.

Cool - thanks for the answer...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2010, 08:43 PM »
They indicated on the slides that the two Comic 2-pack convention exclusives will be "very limited" did they indicate how limited?

I mean they indicate they will be available on both Hasbro Toy Shop and Star Wars Shop, so how limited could they really be?

Is this going to be like trying to order the Sideshow Exclusive 12" figures on the days they go up on the Sideshow site?
Peter

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2010, 09:09 PM »
Ok - so I've seen a hi-res shot of the 4-LOM/Zuckass exclusive - are they going to label them on the cards incorrectly or are the cards going to have the correct names and they're just going to show pictures of the incorrectly labelled cards?

True to Kenner vintage, they will be mixed up for the C5.  Zuckuss will be labeled 4-LOM and vice-versa.  So, you can get "4-LOM" 4-LOM in the basic wave and "Zuckuss" 4-LOM in the exclusive pack.

They hinted that you may see more of these "true Kenner" homages as the line goes on (BLUE coat Echo Base Han, Vinyl Cape Jawa, etc).

And what's the deal with the Cloud Car Pilot? The slideshow shows a pilot with a moustache and the figure at the Hasbro booth did not. Is this another running change figure that may never come to pass?

On the CCP - yeah, the loose proto on display was simply missing the mustache paint ap.  The carded Cloud Car Pilot, which is production sample, had the mustache intact.

They indicated on the slides that the two Comic 2-pack convention exclusives will be "very limited" did they indicate how limited?

Limited enough that they won't be clearanced for cheap 2-3 months after the show.  So, in other words, (parphrasing here) 'plentiful enough that those who want them can get them, but nowhere near the numbers of something like the McQ Grievous or SDCC Shadow Scout in recent years.'

Not a major question Jeff, but was there any mention of who the 10 repackaged figures are for the vintage line?  

Yeah - 4LOM and Fett are redecos.  The only other thing they said was RotS was currently planned for Wave 2 (Grievous, Anakin, and more) and we'd know more about new vs. repack at SDCC and C5.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 09:13 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2010, 09:34 PM »

They hinted that you may see more of these "true Kenner" homages as the line goes on (BLUE coat Echo Base Han, Vinyl Cape Jawa, etc).

I would be in hog heaven if this is the case.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2010, 02:38 AM »
Vinyl cape and soft goods versions of Jawas would be great. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2010, 09:15 AM »
Only one wave shown? A bit of a let down. At least the quality of what was shown makes up for it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2010, 10:17 AM »
Everything looks great...but pretty slim pickens.

Here's hoping that Snowtroopers get a re-release, because with that AT-AT, I'm going to need to stock up.

Those new vintage cardbacks give me the nostalgia shakes something fierce.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2010, 11:28 AM »

I mean they indicate they will be available on both Hasbro Toy Shop and Star Wars Shop, so how limited could they really be?

Is this going to be like trying to order the Sideshow Exclusive 12" figures on the days they go up on the Sideshow site?

My thoughts exactly. They keep giving these answers specifically aimed at producing panic. It's not right.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2010, 11:38 AM »
Only one wave shown? A bit of a let down. At least the quality of what was shown makes up for it.

I have to agree. I was hoping to get a glimpse at Wave 2. The ESB wave definitely ended up being pretty solid. I was a bit surprised by the Cloud Car Pilot being all-new, but I'm still looking forward to getting a couple of them.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2010, 12:51 PM »
I think the lack of depth of the lines has a lot to do with the fact that they want to have something new to show at SDCC and Celebration V.

Which is why I think they showed us the stuff that will hit between now and the relaunch date in August and the exclusives for those shows and not much more.
Peter

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2010, 07:36 PM »
We've got our Hasbro Star Wars gallery live now. 

We emptied another camera tonight - another 150+ pics added to the Hasbro stuff.  Be advised that these are Jesse's pics so there's lots of close-ups of cockpits and other nerdy scale related things.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2010, 08:26 PM »
After a two year hiatus, I'm tempted to get back in with the vintage collection.