Author Topic: Toy Fair 2010!  (Read 35105 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair 2010!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 06:16 PM »
Sail Barge.

If this is ever made....my guess would be in 3 years for the 30th anniversary of ROTJ.

I agree - waaaaay too much focus (supposedly) on ESB this year and I wouldn't doubt we get a Hoth repaint of the AT-ST for ***** and giggles to go along with the AT-AT.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 07:37 PM »
Not to add fuel to the already buring fires of speculation...

But an entire STOP during the Hasbro presentation is labeled "Vehicles"...

Don't quote me, but I think it is
GI JOE
Transformers
Marvel
Star Wars
Vehicles

Not in that order that I recall...but something like that...

As for me, I'd like to see the other Hoth Rebel..  Finished copies of the Snowspeeder and to see what this years "Gimmick" is... I'm hoping they continue the droid parts, but let's be honest, it has been too successful and too popular for them to continue.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 11:02 PM »
I thought someone already confirmed the new pack-ins are some kind of collectible SW-gaming cards?  That gets a resounding "no thanks" from me.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 10:46 AM »
I thought someone already confirmed the new pack-ins are some kind of collectible SW-gaming cards?  That gets a resounding "no thanks" from me.

If they're doing away with the BADs in favor of slivers of cardboard, they need to knock a dollar off the MSRP.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 11:09 AM »

If they're doing away with the BADs in favor of slivers of cardboard, they need to knock a dollar off the MSRP.

Would be nice, and for the entire line including CW and Legends. 

However, I do have to say that when you look around the toy aisle I'm not sure that there's anything of the quality of Star Wars at this price point. 

Man I miss 2005...  :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 12:16 PM »

Hey now - in fairness, the pack-in isn't just "slivers of cardboard", it's a sliver of cardboard, a die, and a stand.   :P

Image from ToyArk:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Imagine all of those die strewn about the house waiting to be stepped on, sucked up in the vacuum and choked on by unsuspecting padawans.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 01:14 PM »
I have two replies to this and I couldn't decide... so here are both.

Hey now - in fairness, the pack-in isn't just "slivers of cardboard", it's a sliver of cardboard, a die, and a stand.   :P

Just what I've always wanted.  ::)

In that case, they can knock $0.85 cents off instead of $1.00.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 01:16 PM »
I'm not excited for this pack in but can see kids liking it and I don't see why giving us this instead of the piece of nothing we got with CW before would cause them knock the price down.  ;)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 01:23 PM »
They're definitely not knocking down the price based on what the pack-in is.  If they priced that way, then they'd be selling each figure for different prices as well.  The smart business model is to move the price up with a more relevant pack-in, then do/test whatever you want once the new price is establshed.  It's pretty hard to find basic figs under $8 these days, so like Nick eluded to - we'd be looking at $8 even without a pack-in.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 01:47 PM »
Imagine all of those die strewn about the house waiting to be stepped on, sucked up in the vacuum and choked on by unsuspecting padawans.  :P

Although the cards could make a goodpack-in, I do wonder if Hasbro considered choking hazards w/ the dice. Although the figures alone already present choking hazards. Anyway, if Hasbro does the cards, then they're most likely gonna sell the necessary components to play separately - similar to the 30th Anniversary coin album w/ Vader figure. Oh well, if they do this hopefully they include a bonus figure. :P
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline don

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 02:54 PM »

Image from ToyArk:

I bought a couple of figures I was on the fence about because I wanted to build the droid. I could see skipping a few figures I'm on the fence about because of stupid **** like this for a pack in.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 03:11 PM »
They're definitely not knocking down the price based on what the pack-in is.  If they priced that way, then they'd be selling each figure for different prices as well.  The smart business model is to move the price up with a more relevant pack-in, then do/test whatever you want once the new price is establshed.  It's pretty hard to find basic figs under $8 these days, so like Nick eluded to - we'd be looking at $8 even without a pack-in.

I get that, but I think the coins and the B.A.D. pack-ins were used as part of the overall excuse for all the price increases.  It just rings hollow when they switch to these (which probably cost next to nothing to make) and the price stays the same.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2010, 03:50 PM »
I have two replies to this and I couldn't decide... so here are both.

Just what I've always wanted.  ::)

Go with that one. Han used it when being initiated into the Ewok tribe.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 04:47 PM »
I get that, but I think the coins and the B.A.D. pack-ins were used as part of the overall excuse for all the price increases.  It just rings hollow when they switch to these (which probably cost next to nothing to make) and the price stays the same.

Did Hasbro ever state that as an excuse for the price increase?  I think that rationale was created by the collecting community to help justify the increased pricing, but I'm not sure Hasbro did/would subscribe to that.  I think their price increases were part driven by increased supply chain costs and part driven by an opportunity to raise pricing when prices of everything else are going up.