Author Topic: Toy Fair 2010!  (Read 35188 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair 2010!
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2010, 01:30 PM »
Feb. 14-17

Thanks for the info Jayson.

Say anyone going if you could swing by the MegaBloks booth for me. It's booth #2563. I am interested in seeing the new Halo sets. Any pics would of course be very welcomed and grateful. You can PM them to me or e-mail them if you don't post them in the main forum. Again, thanks to anyone who can help with this specific request.

Is anyone going to cover the LEGO area as well? There are new SW sets planned.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2010, 01:36 PM »
JD will undoubtedly have have pics as well has RS, YF, GH, JTA etc.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2010, 02:58 PM »
JD will undoubtedly have have pics as well has RS, YF, GH, JTA etc.

Well of SW stuff yes, but not the Halo stuff... Besides the Megabloks stuff, I'm hoping to see pics of the McFarlane booth too. They have 5" Halo figures and vehicles.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2010, 03:02 PM »
For non-SW lines, I'd check out Figures.com or CTR, but since I don't collect anything but SW I'm not sure who else would have the coverage you're looking for.  :-\
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2010, 07:14 PM »
I"m just wondering who all is going to cover this. Apparently JD isn't going to be there, and now GH isn't either. I don't really want my news from RS and I self exiled myself from SSG, so I won't be looking there either.

Wait, so we aren't going?  Well then I need to see if somebody wants my broadway tickets and to stay in the hotel I prepaid for....  crap.  My wife is gonna be PISSED.
When Jesse's computer gets fixed we need to tell him too.

I will cancel my appointments with Lego, Schleicht and Mcfarlane then too.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2010, 07:30 PM »
Feb. 14-17

Well, the Hasbro event for collector media is actually on the 13th.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2010, 11:09 AM »
I"m just wondering who all is going to cover this. Apparently JD isn't going to be there, and now GH isn't either. I don't really want my news from RS and I self exiled myself from SSG, so I won't be looking there either.

Wait, so we aren't going?  Well then I need to see if somebody wants my broadway tickets and to stay in the hotel I prepaid for....  crap.  My wife is gonna be PISSED.
When Jesse's computer gets fixed we need to tell him too.

I will cancel my appointments with Lego, Schleicht and Mcfarlane then too.

Heh heh, alright, alright....I've been corrected, lol. Sereiously though, I thought I read somewhere on here that JD wasn't going, so that's where the thought came from. Good to know you guys will be there. By your response does that mean you'll cover LEGO and McFarlane (Halo figures)? Any possibility I can talk you into swinging by Megablocks booth? They are just a little bit away from the LEGO booth.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2010, 04:33 PM »
I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2010, 08:24 AM »
The whole game thing really bothers me.  It just reinforces my theories that children lo longer know how to "play."  Children are starting organized sports, and video games, at such an early age these days, that they no longer know how to play in an unstrcutured, open-ended scenario.  With sports, and video games, the goal is clear and simple; win.  But when they pick up toys, they don't know what the goal is. . It's really sad, and I've made sure that my boys (3 1/2 and 5) get plenty of unstructured play time. 

I haer you on that.   My four year old loves video games, but we also find time to play with his Imaginenext Batman stuff and some of my old school Star Wars stuff.  My 18 month old also joins in. 
For those looking for coverage of other lines, toynewsi usually has pretty good photos.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2010, 04:39 PM »
Ha.  We love Imaginext too.  But what my boys really love are the playsets!  I'm sure if Hasbro made some Galactic Hero playsets with the creativity and fun that Fisher Price puts into the Imaginext playsets, that line would really go through the roof.  That Batcave is one f the most played with toys we've ever owned.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2010, 07:13 PM »
We've got our Hasbro Star Wars gallery live now. 

We've decided not to watermark things this year (not worth the effort since folks still steal photos anyway).  If you re-use them or repost them, please post a link/credit - thanks!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2010, 07:19 PM »
Hey Jeff - did you guys get the link to the FTP server to download the slides? I'm interested to see a hi-res shot of those exclusives slides - especially the Zuckass/4-LOM one.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2010, 07:26 PM »
We're working on downloading stuff now... I can answer questions while we wait. ;)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2010, 07:37 PM »
Is that wave with the Cold Weather Obi-Wan and Rex going to be the last wave CW in the current packaging?

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2010, 07:45 PM »
Yes, that is the plan.  There will be a few "remix" cases over the summer if needed, but the Cold ObiWan, Cold Clone, MAgna Droid, etc should be the last on the 2009 style cardback.