Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Basic Figure Line  (Read 57452 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Basic Figure Line
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2010, 10:20 AM »
I can't resist the vintage cardbacks.  Now if only I could find some VOTC cases. . .

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2010, 12:53 PM »
Um...I've got about 12-15 in my attic.  Want them?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2010, 06:03 PM »
So, since ten of the thirty seven figures we're getting in the Vintage Collection this year are supposed to be "Greatest Hits never before seen on Vintage Cards", are there any in particular you would like to see?  I'm sure many (if not all) will be from the prequels (I think Grievous, Maul, and Qui Gon were all mentioned during the presentation if I remember correctly from what I watched online), but are there any others you'd specifically like to see?  I wouldn't mind seeing some of the figures we maybe would have/should have got in the vintage era, like Stormtrooper Han, Jabba's Prisoner Leia, Sandtrooper, etc.  I'd say things like Tarkin and the Rebel Fleet Trooper as well, but I think those could use better figures instead of just being repacked.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2010, 06:54 PM »
All of those, and Wedge!   :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2010, 09:12 PM »
All of those, and Wedge!   :)

I knew there was a big one I was forgetting....definitely Wedge.  We all know how long we've waited to see him on a basic card, and the vintage line would be the perfect place.  Hopefully we see the one from the Target X-Wing recarded into this line sometime soon (or even a Snowspeeder version).  One of the most overlooked characters of the entire saga, hopefully he'll get his basic carded due.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2010, 10:56 PM »
I'd love to see both X-Wing and Snowspeeder versions, but I'll settle for either one at this point.  I'd love a ROTJ card.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2010, 11:35 PM »
I go back and forth on a carded set. I know I won't be able to resist the temptation come Fall, though, so I just as well get used to the idea and start saving now.  :D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2010, 05:17 PM »
I imagine they're including Boba Fett, 4-LOM, & the "fixed" Vader as Greatest Hits so far, and we're not getting an ANH wave this year, so that limits it to seven figures from AOTC, ROTS, and ROTJ.

It would be a cop out for them to repack one of the "new" Ewoks. But I can totally see them rereleasing the new Slave Leia. Can't really see them using any more of the Legacy ROTJ figures, though. Maybe somebody kinda old like J'Quille or Tanus Spijek. Heck, my dream ROTJ repack would be Bubo (even without a Jawa handler, though they should both fit in a vintage bubble).

When they get around to some ANH figures, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trot out Captain Antilles again. Didn't they recently say how good the sculpt holds up on him specifically? I'd like to see a few out of date repacks there too, like the big R1 droid and the Yavin Honor Guard.

Of course, they can always wedge Wedge in to any of the OT waves.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2010, 06:50 PM »
For me personally, my must haves for this line break down like so:

OT:

Jawa, Death Squad Commander, Hammerhead, Wedge, Slave Leia, Stormtrooper Han, Tarkin, Oola, Cantina Band Member, Snowtrooper Commander, Uncle Owen, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Death Star 2 Luke, Removable Helmet Vader (I know we're techincally getting one already, but I wanted as a kid a figure that did this, and featured helmetless Vader on the card).

PT:

Qui Gon, Maul, Jar Jar, Amidala, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid, Jango Fett, Count Dooku, Mace, Sidious, Grievous, Clone Trooper(s), Cody, Plo Koon, and lots of stuff that's not necessarily recards.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2010, 01:51 AM »
I'm very pleased by how Hasbro is upping their game in the articulation department. C-3PO is by far just waaaay too amazing. I'm still waiting for a similar R2-D2.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2010, 04:59 PM »
I'm still waiting for a similar R2-D2.

How much more "pimping" can Hasbro do with R2?  I'm actually quite happy with my mass army of astro-droid repaints - once I finally open all of them that is.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #116 on: March 1, 2010, 12:35 AM »
Resurgance R2 is my ultimate...they can keep making that forever

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: March 1, 2010, 12:55 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing R2 get the "Clone Wars R2" treatment with hidable gear like that rather than the pop-on parts and stuff.  Beyond that though, I agree that Resurgence R2 could come out with a couple deco variants and I'd gladly rebuy (Sandy/muddy/snowy/greasy/etc.).  I'd take 2 or 3 clean ones too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 2, 2010, 10:40 AM »
Though the resurgence R2 would be acceptable, one with bells and whistles would justify the price a heck of a lot better.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: March 2, 2010, 11:34 AM »
Just a reminder that Hasbro has already said via the Q&A that they are working on a new R2/Astromech sculpt -

"we are currently developing an all new astromech with some pretty nifty features for the line in late 2010."

There's nothing specific mentioned in the answer, but they've dropped enough hints in other Q&As about lightsaber-popping and endor bunker attachments that the rumor mill says we'll see this new R2 in the Fall RotJ wave... nothing confirmed yet though.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender