Author Topic: Boba Fett Mail-Away Offer?  (Read 64798 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Boba Fett Mail-Away Offer?
« Reply #195 on: September 25, 2010, 08:08 AM »
Anyone have some extra UPCs?  Would like to send off for 2 or 3 Fetts....Kinda difficult to obtain UPCs when I don't open anything.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 25, 2010, 09:46 AM »
Anyone have some extra UPCs? 

Ditto, Mike. I've been looking too, but haven't had any luck yet

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2010, 01:44 PM »
I'm amazed how easily the bubble seems to be separating.  It's very strange really.  I wonder if you tortured a basic carded vintage Collection figure like this, would the bubble pull off the card like that?  it's a kind of almost strange natural separation.  It doesn't seem to do all that much damage to the cardback, but clearly it's lifting some of the graphic off of it.

Send me some instructions of how you want me to torture a basic card.  I've only a couple of figures but haven't opened them yet.  I don't give a crap about the cardbacks so lemme know what you want done. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2010, 03:56 PM »
I don't know, haha.  Try maybe repeatedly crushing the bubble some, and then lifting it back to original shape?  That may simulate the abuse they've been getting in their mailer boxes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2010, 04:57 PM »
Do I need to step on it too?  Or throw it around a bit?  Play fetch with a dog?  Any other stereotypical insults to postal workers I should include? 

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2010, 05:06 PM »
Do I need to step on it too?  Or throw it around a bit?  Play fetch with a dog?  Any other stereotypical insults to postal workers I should include? 

Store it in Newman's apartment for a few weeks?
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2010, 07:05 PM »
Empty it into a dumpster if you forgot to deliver it, or maybe open it up and inspect it incase you want to keep it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2010, 05:02 PM »
I'm amazed how easily the bubble seems to be separating.  It's very strange really.  I wonder if you tortured a basic carded vintage Collection figure like this, would the bubble pull off the card like that?  it's a kind of almost strange natural separation.  It doesn't seem to do all that much damage to the cardback, but clearly it's lifting some of the graphic off of it.

Send me some instructions of how you want me to torture a basic card.  I've only a couple of figures but haven't opened them yet.  I don't give a crap about the cardbacks so lemme know what you want done. 

I'll take all the cardbacks!

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2010, 07:18 PM »
Hasbro put up the Redemption Form, so I mailed in for my 2 Rocket Firing Boba Fetts today.  Hope they come in decent packaging condition.

Anyone have some extra UPCs?
I have 3 extra ones.  It's not enough for a mail in, but it'd be closer to the 5 you need.  PM me your address, and I'll mail them off to you.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 1, 2010, 12:09 PM »
Finally sent off for this today...hope I get one before they run out. And a decent card would be nice to boot.

On a related note, I now have 4 TVC figs sans UPC's but otherwise unmolested if anyone is interested. (Not likely I know)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 4, 2010, 10:06 AM »
I don't know, haha.  Try maybe repeatedly crushing the bubble some, and then lifting it back to original shape?  That may simulate the abuse they've been getting in their mailer boxes.

I farted around with this on the weekend.  Twisting the card, shaking by just holding the bubble and all manner of other abuse not involving small animals.  Those bubbles are on very solidly and when I finally got the bubble off it tore the paper on the front of the cardback.  Hasbro basically cheaped out on the glue for the mailaway Fetts is the only conclusion I can reach. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #206 on: October 4, 2010, 01:21 PM »
That's what I was thinking too.  I've been comparing them, and there's pretty big differences.  It could be they're from completely different factories or something.  It's definitely different.  The bubble plastic feels a little different too.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 5, 2010, 05:40 PM »
Finally sent off for this today...hope I get one before they run out. And a decent card would be nice to boot.

On a related note, I now have 4 TVC figs sans UPC's but otherwise unmolested if anyone is interested. (Not likely I know)

Which cardbacks are they?

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 10, 2010, 12:00 PM »
Anyone need the slips to mail away for this?

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2010, 10:23 AM »
I see my check was cashed yesterday.  8)

Hoping this will show up before my birthday first week of November.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy