Author Topic: Boba Fett Mail-Away Offer?  (Read 65084 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Boba Fett Mail-Away Offer?
« Reply #210 on: October 23, 2010, 03:59 PM »
I finally sent away for two of these.  I'm hoping my procrastination pays off and they have fixed the packaging issue.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 23, 2010, 05:27 PM »
Ok, finally have enough POPs for two of these guys. Never mailed away for more than one of these mailaways, so a couple of questions:

1. Do I need to send 2 separate checks or does one cover it?
2. Do I need to fill out two entry forms? (I assume yes)
3. Do I just put all 10 POPs in the envelope or do they need to be separated?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2010, 05:47 PM »
I'd separate the things. You might confuse them otherwise.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #213 on: October 24, 2010, 11:54 PM »
Seconded Phruby...

Do everything individually.  You're saving what, the stamp price and the check price, and the envelope?  It's just easier/simpler to go that route.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 25, 2010, 06:49 AM »
I agree too, send them individually. Besides if one gets lost in the mail the other should still make it.

On another note, I sent in for 2 on 9/22; the checks were cashed on 10/1 but they haven't showed up yet. But I wasn't expecting them to. I held out in sending mine in hoping there would be a delay in getting these with the result being they had to make more and fixed the package and mailer in the process. I don't really expect a change in the mailer but I do expect a better glued bubble if there is such a delay. Just my experience at the moment for anyone who sent in their stuff after those dates and are hoping to see these soon.

The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 25, 2010, 09:45 AM »
Diddly,

For the Eopie mail-away I filled out two forms, included the 10 POPs and one check.  So anecdotally it works, but for the reasons JJ & Phruby said its probably wiser to split them.  If I recall they send the figures using mail class that is a step below junk mail (only half kidding), so I can't imagine the checks and stuff they receive has an audit trail to make sure you get all the items you've requested.
I am not the Stig

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 25, 2010, 07:47 PM »
Finally sending away for at least 2 of these tomorrow....Hopefully they show up in decent shape and hopefully I don't get forgotten about like Hasbro did with my Docs.   :)   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #217 on: October 25, 2010, 07:59 PM »
All the mail-aways come pre-sorted standard mail...  It's what people actually do call "junk mail", but it's a term the PO has gotten away from and specifically refer to "pre-sorted standard" now.  But yeah, there's no need to kid, that is "junk mail".

If the address is wrong and the carrier doing your route isn't familiar with the route totally, that can actually be sent back to the sender quite easily.  If your postal carrier knows his/her route well, you'll get it, but someone who doesn't know it could easily just toss it to the send-backs.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2010, 06:28 PM »
Received my first one today, and it was double boxed. The inner was the thin one I think everyone has been talking about (it said rocket firing boba fett on the bottom front). The outer was double the thickness.
The card is wavy, but other than that it is perfect. I'll just plant some books on it and see what happens-
 ;D

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2010, 07:00 PM »
Received my first one today, and it was double boxed. The inner was the thin one I think everyone has been talking about (it said rocket firing boba fett on the bottom front). The outer was double the thickness.
The card is wavy, but other than that it is perfect. I'll just plant some books on it and see what happens-
 ;D

same here for me with everything you posted

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2010, 07:17 PM »
I haven't ordered mine yet because all of the reports that he's coming in damaged, and I didn't want to go through so much trouble to get a mint one. But now that he's coming in double-boxed, it's time to mail-away! :D
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #221 on: November 15, 2010, 07:17 PM »
 ;D

same here for me with everything you posted

My second came and they still manage to cave in the bubble in a double box. My first has a tiny, yet noticeable, bubble dent along its side.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #222 on: November 15, 2010, 08:01 PM »
I got one yesterday and the card was still warped.   ::)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 15, 2010, 09:24 PM »
Okay, I need to get these done this week!  When does the offer expire?  I am sooooo behind...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 15, 2010, 09:33 PM »
Okay, I need to get these done this week!  When does the offer expire?  I am sooooo behind...

Plenty of time, not until March(?).
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"