Author Topic: Boba Fett Mail-Away Offer?  (Read 65094 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Boba Fett Mail-Away Offer?
« Reply #240 on: November 19, 2010, 02:18 PM »
Yeah, someone used TAC UPCs to get theirs.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 19, 2010, 06:02 PM »
Cool.
Thanks for the input guys.
Some of the people I know who collect SW are not getting any of these new ones, so I may send away for as many as I can so I can give them as gifts.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 19, 2010, 06:22 PM »
Yeah, someone used TAC UPCs to get theirs.

Huh...Whaddaya know?  Guess I'll try and send in for a few more Fetts thanks to Dan's extra TAC UPCs.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 19, 2010, 08:30 PM »
Got my two today. I'm just not as lucky as others, both crushed; even double boxed. One fared ok though, the card is really curvy but the bubble survived undamged. I'd just liked to have had the inner box not crushed. I can probably flatten the card out and it will look great. Just a heads up that not all are surviving. Not a realy big deal for me though, the promotion runs until 2011 and I don't think you can have too many of this guy.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2010, 06:32 PM »
My 2 came in the mail today both in great condition.  The outter boxes really had no damage to them, and there were no issues with the inner boxes.  Yay, I've got them!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 24, 2010, 12:14 AM »
Hasbro said in the Q/A round (I can't find which website asks the question) that they'll continue with the 2-box shipping method. It's a great idea, it really shows that they paid attention to customer complaints... this time.

"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 24, 2010, 05:22 PM »
FINALLY mailed away for my firt Fett yesterday. I'm probably going to mail away for another 1 or 2 shortly.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2010, 07:49 PM »
Sent off for my two Fetts last week and the checks were cashed today...boy that was quick.  Hopefully that means they'll be here sooner rather than later, but who knows.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 3, 2011, 04:17 PM »
Got my Fett today... really fast too since I only mailed away for it the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, a little over a month ago. Despite being mailed in basically 2 packages (one of those thick white cardboard mailers, and inside that was the labeled "ROCKET FIRING BOBA FETT" we've become used to with these mail-aways), the card was still bent to hell and back. You can also tell they were really generous with the glue, as the back of the card behind the bubble looks like a sheet of paper after a 1st grader finished arts-and-crafts time.

Probably going to mail away for another one or two, mainly because I kind of want an opener (or one with a better card) and I have a ton of POPs from Vintage figures.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 3, 2011, 05:06 PM »
Probably going to mail away for another one or two, mainly because I kind of want an opener (or one with a better card) and I have a ton of POPs from Vintage figures.

I'm just wondering, but which part of the TVC cardbacks is the actual POP? I'm running out of Legacy POPs, so I'm gonna have to start using them from the TVC cardbacks also.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 3, 2011, 07:02 PM »
the UPC on the back of the card.  you have to cut it out.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 3, 2011, 10:37 PM »
Noticed that my checks were cashed today.  Here's hoping I have unsquashed Fetts on the way!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 4, 2011, 11:43 AM »
Got mine yesterday. Boxes were in excellent condition, but the card was warped some. I expect they just shoved it in there. Oh well, I'll be opening it anyway.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 4, 2011, 04:24 PM »
Got mine yesterday in minty condition.  Pretty sweet.  Now I'm tempted to get a second.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 14, 2011, 07:10 PM »
Got my Fetts today.  Oddly enough I'm not as excited about these now that I finally have them in hand.  Glad they're minty fresh though.   :)