Author Topic: Boba Fett Mail-Away Offer?  (Read 64795 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Boba Fett Mail-Away Offer?
« Reply #270 on: April 30, 2011, 05:14 PM »
For the heck of it I sent out for another Boba today, the day of the deadline (maybe not the smartest move). Are there any guarantees that I'll get it (if they still have some in stock), or is it a no?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 30, 2011, 06:56 PM »
If you dropped it in major post office, it might make today's cancellation.  A local post office after the day's last scheduled pick-up...means it'll be in a box or bin until monday and have a monday post mark.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #272 on: April 30, 2011, 10:12 PM »
Yeah, and even if you got anything in before the marked deadline there's no guarantee it'll get out.  Sometimes the truck (rarely) arrives a little early, sometimes a little late...  It just varies, but since it's just a stamped piece of mail there's really no lock you'll get it postmarked today.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 4, 2011, 09:34 PM »
I sent out a set of POPs and a check on monday last week, the check was cashed today!  Woohoo!
I am not the Stig

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 23, 2011, 01:13 AM »
My second Fett arrived today. The card was in better condition that the first one I received back in November but it was still nowhere near mint. Guess I'll have to track down some clamshells now.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 25, 2011, 07:42 PM »
Got my Boba Fett today - the one I mailed for the day of the deadline, just a few hours before the postoffice closed. I was shocked! The card isn't exactly mint, but it's pretty darn close - there's a slight crease on the back of the card.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 25, 2011, 09:14 PM »
I got both of my last week and one of them is perfect MOC, and other one card was bend.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 27, 2011, 03:49 PM »
I got both of mine; one the day before Canada Post's rotating strike started, one the day after.  Both were pretty much mint IMO.  I didn't really look terribly close for spider veining or stuff like that, but they looked clean with no bends or readily visible creases. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 2, 2011, 11:29 AM »
Acording to some reviews on video and webs like rebelscum
the tvc classic Boba is slighty different from the vintage, mostly on the disposition
of the jacket under the chest armor, the squares on the shoulders and size.

I look the photos of the very early Boba Fett from 1978 on theswca
the article said that this figure got vintage stormie´s arms but painted in Boba style. This figure depicts the firing misile too.

Something I think, this early Boba Fett is the slimmest Boba in the Kenner Hasbro line. I don´t know if this toy was distributed by the mail offer in 1978 or was immediately rčplaced by the current Boba we saw on the 1978
star wars cardback.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 2, 2011, 02:04 PM »
The next mail away Fett would be cooler if the figure itself was done in the Vintage sculpt with the prototype color.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...