Author Topic: CW Hyena Bomber  (Read 4737 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
CW Hyena Bomber
« on: March 2, 2010, 04:19 PM »
It appears the big Droid Bomber's getting a figure/ship (whatever you want to call it) in the near future as well.  We got some nice images from our friends today!

Clicky to check it out!

It appears to have all the bells and whistles that the Droid Fighter update we got has like the transformation to walking mode, firing missles, movable head, etc.  Looks pretty slick and I plan to add 2 to my Separatist fleet. :)

As always that's not a final product picture and nothing's official till Hasbro says so!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: CW Hyena Bomber
« Reply #1 on: March 2, 2010, 05:11 PM »
For me this one is an easy pass. I am actually more interested in an EP1 deco scheme. Glad to see they are investing in the vehicle line regardless of my personal distaste for this one.

Hoping to see some OTC leaks from the mysterious "first shots in the white background guy"........
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 2, 2010, 05:25 PM »
Looks kinda nifty I guess.

Hoping to see some OTC leaks from the mysterious "first shots in the white background guy"........

huh?
« Last Edit: March 2, 2010, 05:43 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: March 2, 2010, 06:18 PM »
I wouldn't count on an E1 deco for the Hyena Bomber...  Maybe the original Fighter, but the Hyena's only ever been pictured in, I believe, the ROTS/Clone Wars decoes with the blue/grey markings.

I like it myself...  Droid Fighter diversity's a neat thing and this looks pretty reasonably bulky, at least compared to what is in the toon anyway.

Chalk this up as something we'll probably see at a later con, probably with the Droid Gunship we also pictured a while back, which I'm probably passing on that one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #4 on: March 3, 2010, 02:36 PM »
huh?

The guy who leaks these pictures. He always shoots them against a white backdrop.

I wouldn't count on an E1 deco for the Hyena Bomber...  Maybe the original Fighter,

Sorry if I was not clear in that message, that is what I was referring to. I would like to see the Original fighter in a EP1 Deco pallet.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: March 3, 2010, 02:36 PM »
Oh yeah, me too on that one...  I think I even asked that to Hasbro at some point, but not sure.  It'd be nice to put behind some E1 battledroids though.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 3, 2010, 11:15 PM »
I kinda like this design and I'm glad to see Hasbro tackle it.

I too wouldn't mind seeing the regular Droid Fighter re-painted with the EP1 color scheme. It would cool if they did that around the time that the next EP1 figure wave comes out - which I guess is sometime in 2011.

I think enough time would have passed between the 2008/2009 releases and then to justify the repaint.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #7 on: March 4, 2010, 08:35 AM »
This looks OK, but I think that they should have made a cockpit for a Battle Droid.  I know that that isn't accurate, but by making the ship interact with a figure, it enhances the playability.  These things should function as toys first.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 4, 2010, 10:34 AM »
Meh - I'm undecided.  With space running out, this might be the start of me passing on vehicles.  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 4, 2010, 12:32 PM »
I'm kind of torn on this one.  I think it's great they are making it, but I'm not sure how interested I am.  I'll probably get it though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: March 4, 2010, 10:00 PM »
This looks OK, but I think that they should have made a cockpit for a Battle Droid.  I know that that isn't accurate, but by making the ship interact with a figure, it enhances the playability.  These things should function as toys first.

I get your point Mike, and in general I agree, but I think two things kind of work against this one...

First, it's not really got a compartment big enough for a figure...  At least if we're comparing it (assuming here) to the current droid vulture fighter anyway.  I'm guessing the body is about the same thickness between the two, and the "heads" are the same size, which leaves little to no room for a battledroid to sit anywhere.

The other thing is they go out of their way designing these to transform nicely and be poseable too, so I think that nixes the real need for the cockpit feature.  I mean, as a kid, I think I'd like the big assed transformed droid better really.

Nothing against cockpits (if they're hidden like on the snail tank) or anything, I agree with the sentiment they add something, but on the droid fighter they'd have to compromise the sculpt to make it thick enough, and possibly the pull-out head for the droid's walking feature as well.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 5, 2010, 09:34 AM »

I get your point Mike, and in general I agree, but I think two things kind of work against this one...

First, it's not really got a compartment big enough for a figure...  At least if we're comparing it (assuming here) to the current droid vulture fighter anyway.  I'm guessing the body is about the same thickness between the two, and the "heads" are the same size, which leaves little to no room for a battledroid to sit anywhere.

The other thing is they go out of their way designing these to transform nicely and be poseable too, so I think that nixes the real need for the cockpit feature.  I mean, as a kid, I think I'd like the big assed transformed droid better really.

Nothing against cockpits (if they're hidden like on the snail tank) or anything, I agree with the sentiment they add something, but on the droid fighter they'd have to compromise the sculpt to make it thick enough, and possibly the pull-out head for the droid's walking feature as well.

I love this thing...I could never quite figure out the difference between it and the Vulture Droid though, aside from the 2 heads.

There was a recent Q&A question alluding to this and I believe they said something to the effect that either this or the HMP would be out this year and the other would be out in 2011.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy