Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 13 (aka 2010 Wave 3)  (Read 22866 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Clone Wars Wave 13 (aka 2010 Wave 3)
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2010, 03:01 PM »
Screw the stickers....

How's that magnaguard!?!?

Haven't opened him yet, but I did bust open the Firefighter Droid and the Obi-Wan.

The Firefighter Droid is a bitch to stand without a base for assistance due to the weight of the backpack and hose. The battle droid has new arms that allow for elbow movement and to also swivel at that joint to for better two handed grasping of a blaster and/or firehose nozzle*. He also has a new head sculpt. With some twisting, you can get the nozzle to attach to the backpack via a "magazine/clip" on the side leave his hands free for carrying his standard issue blaster. *Nozzle has a pivoting lever to simulate  opening/closing the nozzle valve.

Surprisingly, SnObi-Wan is all new sculpt and not a simple repaint of the Snow Gear Anakin. Looks great once you get him in the Freeco speeder after some futzing.

MagnaGuard = Awesome! He's white with a ton of weathering and has a tattered soft goods cape. New head sculpt and electrostaff with removable energy bits. His hips are all new with ball joints and he now has knee and ankle articulation to boot. Kicks the **** out of the first CW Magnaguard by a mile. You'll want a half dozen of them.

Captain Rex: Feelings are mixed with him as the overall design is great. First, the plastic that they used for the chest armor and helmet has got future yellowing issues written all over it as it looks like the same type of plastic has the recent Han with removable stormtrooper armor. His outer helmet bucket his removable but the underlying "fabric" portion is not so no Rex head underneath. His shoulder armor plates are also removable as is his heater backpack. He has ball joint shoulder, elbows and knees and swivel waist, wrist and hips. The lack of ankle joints effect the stability even in the most neutral of poses. Although pliable, the skirt further limits the range of motion for the legs. His neck joint runs in a slot whereas you can pivot his whole head to look down at the ground.

Forget about having him riding a BARC speeder as the skirt just doesn't allow for it, nor can you cram him in the Freeco speeder even with the backpack removed - again the skirt is the culprit as are his longer legs. For weaponry, he includes the same accessories as the regular Rex version but they omitted the cable that attaches to the missle and the snap on launcher.

If I had to rank the wave it would be as follows:
Magnaguard
SnObi-Wan
Cap. Rex
Firefighter Droid
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 01:00 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2010, 05:40 PM »
Thanks for the reviews Jayson. I cannot wait to find these guys in the store. It looks like a solid wave.

I'm pleasantly surprised that the Battle Droid has improved articulation. Hopefully Hasbro will make a standard BD with the new mold.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2010, 07:20 PM »
I was interested to come across repack Dooku and Kit Fisto figures w/ the Nahdarr Vebb sticker. But there were no signs of 2010 Waves 1-3, though.  :(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2010, 12:27 PM »
I see Brian's Toys now has this Wave in stock.

2 of them are $15.99, and 2 of them are $19.99.  ::)

How do those guys sleep at night?

Oh right, ON A BIG PILE OF MONEY...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2010, 01:01 PM »
Updated my post with links for those interested in images of the new figures.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 01:18 PM by Jayson »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2010, 01:05 PM »
I don't get why people are so down on Brian's all the time.  Yeah, they have expensive prices on new stuff like this, but so do a lot of other online retailers.   No one is forced to buy from them - if the guy wants to sell figures at twice retail and some people are willing to pay that, then where is the harm exactly?  It's not my cup of tea, but I'm not going to put them down for it.  I have only ordered from Brian's once - they had a case of Legacy figures that worked out to $5-6 per figure with the sale they were offering, but seemed like a nice enough company to me.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2010, 02:28 PM »
Wow....that MagnaGuard looks pretty awesome. Thanks for the pics, Jayson! 8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2010, 03:20 PM »
I don't get why people are so down on Brian's all the time.  Yeah, they have expensive prices on new stuff like this, but so do a lot of other online retailers.   No one is forced to buy from them - if the guy wants to sell figures at twice retail and some people are willing to pay that, then where is the harm exactly?  It's not my cup of tea, but I'm not going to put them down for it.  I have only ordered from Brian's once - they had a case of Legacy figures that worked out to $5-6 per figure with the sale they were offering, but seemed like a nice enough company to me.

I see where you're headed, and far be it from me to disagree with anyone who has a keen appreciation for Mitch :), but I guess I see it differently.

I don't have a problem per se with a mark-up at individual sites to cover things like shipping, handling, overhead, advertising, etc. That's to be expected.  but I think it is unethical to jack prices on particular figures in the SAME case assortment just in an effort to squeeze more money out of people based on some perceived demand. It's not like those 2 figures cost them anything extra. It's pure greed, IMO.

I just think there is a certain obligation to price responsibly for your consumers. Just because someone will pay it, doesn't mean that it's a fair price. But yes, everyone does have the option of voting with their wallet, so to speak.

I really don't want to derail this thread though, so suffice to say it's a good sign these 4 figures are now hitting online, as that should portend a retail arrival in the coming weeks. :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2010, 04:46 PM »
I guess I can see that side of it, but really everything you buy has a different mark up.  If you guy buy things at Target you will pay 100% mark up on action figures, a 50% mark-up on cereal and a 10% mark up on toilet paper.  By your logic, Target is cheating everyone with their profit on Cereal and Action figures.

The facts are that most companies operate with a mix of low and high margin product.  If Target wasn't getting higher margins on the first two, then they couldn't afford to offer the toilet paper at only 10%.  Likewise with Brian's, I think they're trying to get the guys who really need to have the items to pay more now.  If they don't sell, the price will come down.  I have no idea why they split the assortment based on who they think will be more rare or popular - seems me that they should all be at $19.99 to start with.  Maybe that's their way of testing the market to see if the $16 figs will sell better than the $20 figs.

Anyhoo, I'm still eagerly anticipating the arrival of this wave!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2010, 09:50 PM »
Read over in the 'scum forum that this wave has hit retail in FL.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 10:21 AM »

I got Web-Sensed, can you tell a brother which store? :)

Thanks!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 11:29 AM »

I got Web-Sensed, can you tell a brother which store? :)

Thanks!

Walmart

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2010, 12:58 PM »
Thanks Jayson!

Wish we had some JD peeps in Florida to update on this...

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2010, 07:35 PM »
I snagged them today from a WM here in Kansas City. Nice wave

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2010, 08:27 PM »
Found these today - very cool.  The Magna Guard turned out very well (better than I thought).