Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB  (Read 106922 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2010, 08:15 PM »
Me too, I really like this entire wave.  Surprised to see we're getting 11 new/redecoed figures all at once with this wave, but that will be nice.  Although I'd still rather see a new Bespin Han Solo (maybe next year), this Echo Base version is pretty spiffy and I'll be glad to pick it up (probably a couple).  It looks like the new 3PO has the elbow articulation now, which is nice, and the Dak and Vader look good too.  Glad to see others like Fett and 4-LOM get repackaged as well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2010, 08:42 PM »
Just looking at some pics, looks like the 3PO will have some removable panels.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2010, 09:23 PM »
Just looking at some pics, looks like the 3PO will have some removable panels.

Yep, Removable Chest and leg panels - a wierd choice for an ESB 3PO, but you can see how it'll be recycled for an AotC 3PO at some point.

I'd still rather see a new Bespin Han Solo (maybe next year),

They said "definitely" next year... but they've said that before I guess.  :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2010, 09:32 PM »
Overall, I am really impressed by the wave.  I love the cards (who doesn't) and I like the effort.  I'm very excited to see the rest of this line (but not at the idea of being poor, since I will be buying a carded set for the first time ever).

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2010, 10:43 PM »
Itīs a challenge to Hasbro to present a decent sculpt of vader with his flesh neck. This figure looks interesting but I wanted they change a bit the Tlc Vader Evo, because the body is the same.

In the case of Hangar Han, a well done figure, but they could have improved the legs (not the same as votc trench coat Han, which look skinny)

The cloud car pilot is awesome, an unexpected variation to 2004 otc rendition.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2010, 11:50 PM »
Just occured to me - I expected the Snowtrooper to be an obvious repack in this group.  Where's he?  We have an 11 figure wave out of a 12 figure case? 

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2010, 01:41 AM »
Are there two cloud car pilots? The loose fig has no mustache, while the carded one and presentation shows a nice black one.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2010, 01:43 AM »
What an amazing wave of figures!  I'm really looking forward to August...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2010, 09:08 AM »
I'm excited. They handled the "new" figures well, but it's still kind of weird. Definitely pick up a carded set. 11 figures seems weird though. I'm sure we'll see a 12th. either that or they will be cases of 22.

Have to say that the At-At commander is looking a lot better, which I'm thankful for. Will pick up a few of him.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2010, 06:18 PM »
Are there two cloud car pilots?

No.  The loose proto on display was simply missing the mustache paint ap.  The carded Cloud Car Pilot, which is production sample, had the mustache intact.  They said definitely not an intentional variant.

11 figures seems weird though. I'm sure we'll see a 12th. either that or they will be cases of 22.

No one there could remember the case pack off the top of their head, but it sounded like most likely either Vader or Luke will be doubled up (kid appeal).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2010, 01:29 PM »
Very, very impressed. This entire line is really something to look forward to. And I'm really loving the new C-3PO. We've asked for a SA one, and here he finally is.

I might pick up two Vaders - one loose, one carded. I already have the 2008 TLC version, but I want to see that new 3-piece helmet for myself.

And if Hasbro can crank out a SA 3PO, then they can most certainly make a SA R2-D2.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2010, 05:39 PM »
The only figure I don't care for is 3PO.  I want the others.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2010, 10:46 PM »
Are there two cloud car pilots?

No.  The loose proto on display was simply missing the mustache paint ap.  The carded Cloud Car Pilot, which is production sample, had the mustache intact.  They said definitely not an intentional variant.

Yup.  The loose one just didn't have any paint apps on the mustache.  But you can definitely see the sculpt of the mustache on the loose sample.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2010, 03:35 AM »
Have to say that the At-At commander is looking a lot better, which I'm thankful for. Will pick up a few of him.

I have to say, by the end of the day he was one of my favorites I think.

The figure's got a lot going for it.  The vintage nod to a generic officer (even though th ecard pictured Veers and I think he had the higher ranking badge even) has yielded a nice army builder, and a figure to actually sort of upgrade our current Veers figures if we feel like it (I think I do).

He and Dak were two of my favorites tfrom the show though for certain.  Ultimately two really nice looking army builders.  Plus they even tossed us a bone by giving Dak a Rebel rifle...  Why's that matter?  It helps make those Hoth Rebels with the tri-pod cannon a bit more generic infantry.  I think that was intentional honestly, and I appreciated it a lot.  I still hold out some hope for the generic trooper to make some return to the line-up after his bp release. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2010, 12:53 PM »
The AT-AT Commander is sweet. I like the separate goggles as well.

What's the story again on that Vader. Isn't the one on display and on the card just a repack of TLC Vader (BD08) with 2 piece helmet and not a 3 piece helmet they've been touting for years now? If it is that TLC version, I hope they at least repaint the chest control box to have the proper blue button versus the green one of the ROTS and ANH armor.

That Echo Base Han is money but I'm not sure about that haircut he has been given - looks a bit short to me and the coat looks kind of long.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 12:59 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird