Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB  (Read 106916 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2010, 06:46 PM »
So all of my local pegs are either empty or near empty... does this mean they won't be stocking ANYTHING until August? Pretty lame if so.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #211 on: June 23, 2010, 05:35 PM »
All of these are up for preoder on Hasbrotoyshop

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 25, 2010, 08:58 AM »
Looks like these have hit Toys R Us here in the UK, with a little luck I'll get my mitts on some of them tonight after work.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 25, 2010, 09:01 AM »
Looks like these have hit Toys R Us here in the UK, with a little luck I'll get my mitts on some of them tonight after work.

I saw the photos this morning. How can you even work knowing that stuff is out on the shelves? I would be going batsh*t crazy thinking about that all day.

I'm going to be a complete wreck by the time we get to August.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 25, 2010, 09:37 AM »
I saw the photos this morning. How can you even work knowing that stuff is out on the shelves? I would be going batsh*t crazy thinking about that all day.

No offense or anything, but do you go to counseling for collecting SW stuff?  You seem awfully high strung here at JD.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 25, 2010, 09:41 AM »

No offense or anything, but do you go to counseling for collecting SW stuff?  You seem awfully high strung here at JD.

I'll stick up for you McMetal. I used to be that way too. The last year or so I've gotten used to being behind on stuff and it isn't so bad, but before then I would freak out knowing the stuff was in stores and i couldn't go right out to get it.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 25, 2010, 10:16 AM »
I have to admit, I'm definitely heading for the guano state of mind Mcmetal.

The thing that's driving me nuts is wondering what's going to be left by the time I get there. This wave is full of big names that parents recognize.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 25, 2010, 10:22 AM »
So the release date's only for the US?  ;)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 25, 2010, 10:29 AM »
So the release date's only for the US?  ;)

I'm not sure there even IS a release date.

I just got notified that the first wave of $25 vehicles has arrived at EE and they are in-stock (looks like they pre-sold out the snowspeeder though) at this very moment.

There's nothing on the site that indicates that they aren't shipping until August or anything like that.

I will totally NOT be surprised if the new stuff starts to hit in the next week or two. There has to be a reason why Target cleared the pegs recently, I can't imagine that they wouldn't just want to leave whatever product they had up until close to the time of peg tag reset.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 25, 2010, 11:20 AM »

Why do you feel the need to call me out bro? Just put me on "Ignore" if you find my personality tiresome. Life is too short for you to be worrying about what goes on inside my head.

I just love toys. I am excited for the relaunch. Anything I collect, I collect with passion.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #220 on: June 25, 2010, 11:31 AM »
I'm not sure there even IS a release date.

So far, the only thing that has been shown 100% positively to have a "street date" is the Vintage Collection basic figures.  Here's the Picture of "DO NOT PUT ON SHELF before the week of August 6, 2010" printed on the Vintage Wave 1 case.

There has been no concrete evidence to indicate the rest of the new stuff (like all the stuff in the new blue/black CW packaging) has the same restrictions.  Like you said, the new ships are in-stock at EE so either they are breaking the date or there isn't one for the "Shadow of the Dark Side" packaging stuff.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 25, 2010, 01:08 PM »
You know, I'd be perfectly fine if the "Shadows" stuff comes out in the next couple weeks and they hold back on the vintage stuff until August.  Fine by me.  It spreads things out a little easier in my opinion.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 25, 2010, 01:25 PM »
So far, the only thing that has been shown 100% positively to have a "street date" is the Vintage Collection basic figures.  Here's the Picture of "DO NOT PUT ON SHELF before the week of August 6, 2010" printed on the Vintage Wave 1 case.

So how come stores in the UK has them on the shelves already? Is that sticker only being put on cases that ship to US stores?  >:(

There has been no concrete evidence to indicate the rest of the new stuff (like all the stuff in the new blue/black CW packaging) has the same restrictions.  Like you said, the new ships are in-stock at EE so either they are breaking the date or there isn't one for the "Shadow of the Dark Side" packaging stuff.

I'm thinking that there isn't any restriction on that stuff - 'cause I don't think EE would risk being sanctioned by Hasbro just so they could sell the vehicles early.

Also, Target is probably going to be pretty heavy into the Clone Wars and Legends lines with only a minimal presence of the Vintage collection, so I could still totally see them clearing the old stuff out in June 'cause they know new stuff is coming in July.

I'll be totally stoked if I can start to pick up stuff and a reasonable pace as opposed to one big launch push.

Why do you feel the need to call me out bro? Just put me on "Ignore" if you find my personality tiresome. Life is too short for you to be worrying about what goes on inside my head.

I just love toys. I am excited for the relaunch. Anything I collect, I collect with passion.

I'm with ya McMetal - the break's been too long and there are some pieces coming for the Clone Wars line that I'm VERY excited to get - Aurra Sing, Pre Vizla, Kul Teska, Cad Bane w/Pirate Bike, Mando w/Speederbike and that Jabba the Hutt set at WM are all on my "I want them yesterday" list.  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #223 on: June 25, 2010, 01:30 PM »
I would love to get everything at once.  It saves on gas!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 25, 2010, 02:28 PM »
Actually, after just coming back from a Target, I can see the reason for the street date. Half an aisle (!) is crammed with Toy Story 3 stuff and SW has one little row for basic figs. Hasbro's waiting for that and Prince of Perisa stuff to dwindle down or clearance first