Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB  (Read 106896 times)

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB
« Reply #330 on: July 15, 2010, 01:07 PM »
If hasbro used vintage style cardbacks on every figure made, i would have bought allot more.  Especially one that were never vintage before.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 15, 2010, 11:38 PM »
Score!!!

I will detail the circumstances in the other thread, but suffice to say I was able to score almost all the missing figs I needed from the ESB wave tonight at TRU. (Dak, Solo, Leia, Vader, 3PO, Luke)

The only one that continues to elude me is Boba Fett, and I only missed him by a few minutes.  ::)

Still liking all these guys a lot, just not sure if my interest will last beyond this wave.

Oh, and I got the BOGO hook-up so worked out to $7.50 each, not too shabby.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 19, 2010, 01:02 PM »
Finally picked up Dak and The Cloud Pilot.

Both seem good quality figures. The paint apps seem much improved over Legacy -but this is only the first wave, so i don't want to tempt fate.

EDIT -Has anybody any shots of the OTC Pilot wearing the VC Pilot's Helmet?

Any good?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:45 PM by jono »

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 19, 2010, 04:33 PM »
Whoo, Wal-Mart Canada finally broke street date. I picked up Leia, Dengar, At-At Driver and the Cloud Car Pilot and they're all very solid. I'm going to be tempted to go back for Luke and Dak soon probably, and even 3P0 looks ok. Nice to actually have somthing on the shelves again.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 22, 2010, 12:12 PM »
The cardbacks are really sweet as I saw these for the first time yesterday.  I love the card shape, the large image and the small bubble set to one side.  Interestingly no Fett offer sticker on our cards. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 22, 2010, 04:50 PM »
The cardbacks are really sweet as I saw these for the first time yesterday.  I love the card shape, the large image and the small bubble set to one side.  Interestingly no Fett offer sticker on our cards. 

I like them as well... I'm even back tracking a bit on my no-vintage-on-classic-cardbacks position.  It's such a good look that even the prequel figures look better on them.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 28, 2010, 01:09 PM »
My local TRU will soon be getting an angry letter from Hasbro, as they broke street date and put these out. Fett and for some reason Dak were the only ones missing. But like Dressel I couldn't bring myself to pay $10 a pop, especially since they'll be $2-3 cheaper in just a week. It was REALLY hard to pass on these though, specifically the Luke and Leia. And the AT-AT commander too. The only total losers of this wave are Vader and 4-LOM, though I'm not too hot on Han and 3PO.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 29, 2010, 02:10 PM »
My local TRU will soon be getting an angry letter from Hasbro, as they broke street date and put these out.

Apparently they're fining too. ::) Maybe next time there's a line re-launch Hasbro won't ship out multiple figure cases 3 months in advance. The stores have every right to sell the products they get from suppliers. That's like giving food to a starving person and telling them not to eat.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 1, 2010, 12:11 PM »
I finally managed to find this wave yesterday... there's a new Target near me that didn't have old stock of anything so they must have decided to just go ahead and sell these, they had a bunch.

That said, I think the quality on these is really pretty impressive.

My only real question is, why are Han's legs always so skinny?

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 1, 2010, 03:30 PM »
Found them at Target as well.
Got enough to send away for Fett.
These are nice.
Just love those vintage cards.
Almost got the Cloud Car but passed.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 1, 2010, 04:17 PM »
Found these again at TRU today, two pegs stocked full (except still no Fett).  No signs at WM or Target, although I know Target is setting these at the end of the week.  I agree, I just love seeing these cardbacks out there again (although I will admit the lack of j-hook is sort of a pain if you're wanting something from the back of the peg).  I was looking at these today and thinking, wouldn't it have been cool to see Willrow on a vintage cardback?  I know it isn't likely to happen, since Hasbro has sort of said we wouldn't be seeing him again, but it would have been nifty.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 1, 2010, 06:21 PM »
I wish they were vintage right from the start.
Would have changed what I collect in a big way.
I would never have resisted vintage cards for every line.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 1, 2010, 06:59 PM »
So for everyone that got one, how would you rate the new 3P0 compared to the older releases? I've been using the ROTS one forever now and am trying to decide if this new version is worth the upgrade.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 1, 2010, 08:05 PM »
So for everyone that got one, how would you rate the new 3P0 compared to the older releases? I've been using the ROTS one forever now and am trying to decide if this new version is worth the upgrade.

Its a cool toy, but I can't really compare since I don't have any other recent ones.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 1, 2010, 08:48 PM »

Well, that's really up to you mostly. I recently got the new 3PO, and he does have good articulation and such, but a very gimmicky asthetic. But if you want a simple, GOOD C-3PO, then you should go for TSC version w/ Ewok Throne (currently in the SL lineup). That one is vac-metalized and even has knee articulation, and looks truer to source material. I consider that one my definite C-3PO.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"