Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB  (Read 107318 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB
« Reply #375 on: August 9, 2010, 03:33 PM »
Day late and a dollar short! :P

Although Threepio is a bit too short and the finish is off, it''s kind of interesting to me. I like the removable panels, particularly the one on his back that Chewie works on in the cell.

I like the ewok throne version, but the lack of detail on the hands has always bugged me.

I guess the bottom line is I still don't have my ultimate version of this character.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #376 on: August 9, 2010, 03:34 PM »
Day late and a dollar short! :P

Although Threepio is a bit too short and the finish is off, it''s kind of interesting to me. I like the removable panels, particularly the one on his back that Chewie works on in the cell.

I like the ewok throne version, but the lack of detail on the hands has always bugged me.

I guess the bottom line is I still don't have my ultimate version of this character.

Oopsie.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 9, 2010, 03:49 PM »
JD REPRESENT!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 10, 2010, 09:59 AM »
I can't get the back panel off for the life of me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 10, 2010, 03:12 PM »
It also appears 3PO can basically come apart everywhere - including his right knee!

Hmm, it looks like Hasbro put some more work into this than we thought.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #380 on: August 10, 2010, 03:22 PM »
Day late and a dollar short

Finally popped all these guys opened, great bunch of figures. The feature that I like about the 3PO, that no one seems to be mentioning, is the fact his right leg comes out to mimic his final scene on the Falcon just before jumping to hyperspace.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 10, 2010, 03:25 PM »
Oh... uh... well then... ;D

He still comes apart pretty much everywhere! ;D
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 13, 2010, 01:00 AM »
I know this already, and I know probably a lot of people already know this too, that the new cardbacks are flimsier/flexible than the older ones, but I find them to be actually quite an improvement over the older, sturdier cardbacks.

I was at a store holding a Cloud Car Pilot, and I accidentally dropped it (typical me ::)) - but, instead of the corner of the packaging fringing and bending and creasing up, the cardback bent only a little bit (without any of those annoying, thin white creases show up), and I was able to re-straighten it. I'm not recommending dropping your MOC-packaging figures (not that anyone would actually do it), but if they were to fall, the flimsier pakaging would actually save it from being severely damaged.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 24, 2010, 02:26 AM »
Found this ENTIRE wave at a 100% restocked/reset Target today. I was surprised to see Boba, since he's probably the rarest. And someone made an obvious effort to hide a 4-LOM, which doesn't have to be done since he seems to be the least-wanted figure of the wave. I'm already observing a steady build-up of Hoth Hans; I have a feeling he'll be the pegwarmer of the lot.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 24, 2010, 10:19 AM »
Let's use the right terms. Boba is not rare. They made the same amount Boba's as they made 4-LOM's. He's just more popular, hands down.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 24, 2010, 07:22 PM »
Let's use the right terms. Boba is not rare. They made the same amount Boba's as they made 4-LOM's. He's just more popular, hands down.

You can use whichever term you prefer, just as I will use the term I prefer. I mean this in all respect. Hasbro may have made the same amount of Boba as 4-LOM and 3PO, but that doesn't mean they all sell the same. Hence, I say Boba is rare because he is hard to find/popular.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 24, 2010, 11:52 PM »
To quote Mark Twain "The difference between the right word and the wrong word is the difference between lightening and a lightening bug."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 25, 2010, 12:17 AM »
OK, fair enough. I'm just saying TVC Boba is "rare" because he is - he's a fast seller. Thus, to me, he's rare, because he's hard to find as a quick seller. I'm sure I can't be the only person who uses the term!

Please excuse me if I seem cranky - school during 97-degree weather when "hot" weather here is 75-80 degrees isn't exactly my type of day.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 12:18 AM by Jabba the Slug »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #388 on: August 25, 2010, 02:37 AM »
I think Anton's just saying that "rare" implies not many of them exist...  Whereas they exist, they're just being bought.  He's popular and selling well, unlike 4-LOM I guess.  He's become a tough find ironically, though I'm seeing more and more of him so I wouldn't worry about it either.  I figured once WM started resetting and Target started replenishing, things would change as usual.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 25, 2010, 10:02 AM »
To quote Mark Twain "The difference between the right word and the wrong word is the difference between lightening and a lightening bug."

As long as we're splitting hairs, the actual quote is this:

“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”

;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy